Mobile Terraria 1.3 Launches on Amazon Today!

Greetings, Terrarians!

As we mentioned in the September State of the Game, we recently submitted the Mobile Terraria 1.3.0.7.5 build to Amazon for approval. We are happy to announce that the game has now passed that approval stage, and....

MOBILE TERRARIA 1.3 FOR AMAZON LAUNCHES TODAY!

View attachment 228427
Amazon.com: Terraria: Appstore for Android

That's right, today is the day that Amazon Terrarians have been waiting for - at long last, you will have Terraria 1.3 in your hands! We hope that you have an amazing time, and we cannot wait to see what adventures you will have an amazing things you will build - be sure and share them with us here and on our social media channels!

Before you dive in, here are a few things that you should know:

NOTE: Please check the Amazon minimum specifications below to see if your device is eligible for the update.

Amazon Minimum Specifications

Amazon minimum specifications will be similar to what is supported on Android (OpenGL 3.0, 1gb of available RAM, etc.). However, given the limited number of available Amazon devices, we were able to list out the entire set of supported Amazon devices in the spoiler below. If your device is not on this list, you will not be able to receive the Terraria 1.3 update. However, your existing Terraria 1.2 version will remain fully functional as it is now.

Amazon Fire Tablet

Device nameGenerationModel
Kindle Fire HDX WAN (2013)3rd GenKFTHWA
Kindle Fire HDX (2013)3rd GenKFTHWI
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2013)3rd GenKFAPWA
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (2013)3rd GenKFAPWI
Fire HD 6 (2014)4th GenKFARWI
Fire HD 7 (2014)4th GenKFASWI
Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2014)4th GenKFSAWA
Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)4th GenKFSAWI
Fire HD 10 (2015)5th GenKFTBWI
Fire HD 8 (2015)5th GenKFMEWI
Fire HD 8 (2016)6th GenKFGIWI
Fire HD 8 (2017)7th GenKFDOWI
Fire HD 10 (2017)7th GenKFSUWI
Fire HD 8 (2018)8th GenKFKAWI
Fire 7 (2019)9th GenKFMUWI
Source: Tablet Device Specifications | Fire Tablets

To find which model you have, go to Settings > Device Options > Device Model

Amazon Fire Phone
  • Fire Phone - SD4930UR​

index.php

CONTROLS TUTORIAL - we have created a handy guide to learning the new controls, posted here > Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Controls: An Introduction
  • Also remember that the Legacy (swipe up left stick to jump) and Single-Tap Jump controls are available to you in the Settings Menu, should you find those more to your preference
  • AutoSwing may be toggled on (off by default) in the settings menu as well

index.php

MULTIPLAYER TUTORIAL - want to set up a Local or Online session with your friends? Check out our step-by-step guide here > Mobile - Terraria Mobile 1.3 Multiplayer Setup Guide

The version of Mobile Terraria 1.3 that is launching on Amazon is compatible with the latest version of the Dedicated Mobile Terraria Server for PC, which you can download via the front page of Terraria.org or by following the link below!

FILE MANAGEMENT - With Mobile Terraria 1.3, player file management (Character/World Saves) is now handled via file management systems native to the device. We have written the following informational guides to help you understand what goes where and how to manage your files on Amazon devices:

index.php

RUNNING INTO ISSUES? BUGS TO REPORT?
how do I get the new set up on my Amazon cuz so far nothing has changed

I have fire 7 gen 7 an it says fire 7 will get it but it says gen 9 I was hoping for it cuz it's difficult without at least 10 slot had lol
I don’t see the Fire 7 generation 7 listed on the devices that will get the update, sorry. So your device is not able to receive the update. But you can still enjoy the game as it is without the update.

Man those Amazon devices look weak better buy a Xiaomi or One Plus or realme or Samsung or LG and get faster updates and performance and graphics in other games

Man those Amazon devices look weak better buy a Xiaomi or One Plus or realme or Samsung or LG and get faster updates and performance and graphics in other games
No need lol my Amazon looks better then my I phone x did lol actually better then almost all

No need lol my Amazon looks better then my I phone x did lol actually better then almost all
also not a faster update at all I need, just the update..

I don’t see the Fire 7 generation 7 listed on the devices that will get the update, sorry. So your device is not able to receive the update. But you can still enjoy the game as it is without the update.
Hard to enjoy it, can't really use items anyways but thanks anyways lol, good game while it lasted, rip , :\

just don't feel like playing the same thing forever, sucks it won't get newer, but y'all shouldn't release games for anything if they don't all receive updates, just fyi, kinda a bummer love your works don't get me wrong but how exactly can I have it for one thing that don't update? That just !rand eventually it won't be playable once it's completely out of date :\

also not a faster update at all I need, just the update..
Hard to enjoy it, can't really use items anyways but thanks anyways lol, good game while it lasted, rip , :\
just don't feel like playing the same thing forever, sucks it won't get newer, but y'all shouldn't release games for anything if they don't all receive updates, just fyi, kinda a bummer love your works don't get me wrong but how exactly can I have it for one thing that don't update? That just !rand eventually it won't be playable once it's completely out of date :\
Hi GriptONight,
Please don't double post on this forum (or in this case quadruple post). If you have something to add, please edit your last message to include it instead of sending a new one. I've merged the posts for you this time, so remember for the next. Thanks.

Hi GriptONight,
Please don't double post on this forum (or in this case quadruple post). If you have something to add, please edit your last message to include it instead of sending a new one. I've merged the posts for you this time, so remember for the next. Thanks.
I m just trying to understand cuz this game was literally just released for this tablet a few months ago, just don't understand why y'all even did that, I don't even get multiplayer or settings in it,

I m just trying to understand cuz this game was literally just released for this tablet a few months ago, just don't understand why y'all even did that, I don't even get multiplayer or settings in it,

Terraria was released on Amazon years ago - and the pre-1.3 version has been around and not update for at least 2-3 years. So, there was no recent amazon launch.

As for why the new version won't work, 1.3 is a substantial step-up in hardware requirements (as it was on PC and consoles) - so whereas 1.2 may work fine on a given device, that does not guarantee that it will on 1.3. Part of the blessing/curse that is a game that has been updated for nearly 10 years now.... technology moves during that time, and if we lock everything down to what was possible/available a decade ago, then we shortchange the overall game on more contemporary devices.

Back
Top Bottom