tModLoader Equipment Upgrader mod

Max upgrade level should restricted before hardmode

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really great mod, I'm loving it. Do you plan on making this mod compatible with "Even more modifiers" mod? Having both active gives any weapon with some upgrades crazy dumb damage, in the millions. I should specify that It's when it crits or how crits work in general that just works wonky. Having 80% crit chance on a weapon doesn't proc crit 80% of the time, it appears to change into 5%~. When it does proc crit, it's similar numbers to 2544033~ for damage instead of the regular 550~ with the "Even more modifiers" mod active.

After some playing around, it messes with all damage, not just crits. Wherever I go, everything dies from a single touch.

Last edited:
strangely this dont seem to support "throwing" for some reason....i think it should since people still use throwing in mods

Really great mod, I'm loving it. Do you plan on making this mod compatible with "Even more modifiers" mod? Having both active gives any weapon with some upgrades crazy dumb damage, in the millions. I should specify that It's when it crits or how crits work in general that just works wonky. Having 80% crit chance on a weapon doesn't proc crit 80% of the time, it appears to change into 5%~. When it does proc crit, it's similar numbers to 2544033~ for damage instead of the regular 550~ with the "Even more modifiers" mod active.

After some playing around, it messes with all damage, not just crits. Wherever I go, everything dies from a single touch.
Thats a glitch from Even more modifiers itself, it does that even when using ALONE.

Hello c: , I'm having an issue, enemies in my game don't drop upgrade tokens, can you help me? :c

Hello ! Help me, please ! Why i can't to upgrade items ? Upgrader NPC opens me the window of the craft, and not upgrade.
4.PNG

Hello, love your mod! One of my fav ^-^
But i got this bug with weapons that use velocity.
1584470855043.png

Every time i shoot the boomerang, its velocity boost (green text one) increases.
I don't know how the mod works exactly but starting from no green velocity bonus and 38% purple velocity bonus, every shot changes the green velocity this way:
38%
90%
163%
263%
400%

so it appears to be increasing the velocity by ~1.38 of the previous added bonus like this:
giving these green velocity numbers
38 = 0+38
90 = 38+52
163 = 90+73
263 = 163+100
400 = 263+137

probably some modifier added on the weapon that does not get removed properly or something.
reforging the weapon with a different modifier resets the velocity to normal. Reloading the game resets it as well.
there are no exceptions thrown either.

Tested it with only your mod installed. I'm running the 64bit build.
Let me know if you need more info!
Thanks a bunch! :dryadsmile:

good day! i have ran into a small issue where when i log out/in the stats on my upgraded weapons are reset. its still upgraded but the stats are reduced to normal values. here is a shot of me with a 17 minishark after i logged in, then after i reset the upgrade its to an 11 upon re entering the game. i dont have any mods that affect forging. just m
20200318064730_1.jpg
20200318064753_1.jpg

When used with KRPG - Kalciphoz RPG Mod, the upgrade ui is hidden. Should probably add compatibility for custom ui's in some form. A possible solution is to change it from an NPC to a workbench of forms and change the coins to upgrade runes or something. I like the mod though :D

I have a bug with the upgrade tokens. Whenever a boss drops a token, and I pick it up, it's not in my inventory. I have already tried reinstalling and disabling/enabling the mod. This just makes it so I can pick up 1 upgrade token, use it, then it won't let me pick up more tokens. I have to repeat this process every time. Can you look into this bug? Thank you

These are the mods I have installed:

Vein miner
Recipe browser
Magic storage
Boss cursor
Boss checklist
Omniswing
Max stack plus extra
Imkushi's mod
Pumpking's mod
Upgrade equipment

Could you perhaps add upgrades to infinite throwing weapons (e.g. flask of the alchemist from alchemistnpc)? Thanks, love the mod.

So I highly recommend you adding another config setting to just flat turn velocity off as it makes weapons almost unusable. for example razorblade typhoon. mine is at +50 which yes I know is ment to kind of be broken but the velocity is so high I have to have the enemies in the spawning location of the projectile. the homing at this point is useless. And having a setting to turn just that one thing off like the size and knockback you could make even stronger weps from this mod and it not being broken. Also the contagion from calamity is fully incompatible with this mod every time it's used it goes further and further from the player aka 3 shots and it's not useful

Loving the mod so far <3 :D but one thing that needs some work or rather a option to disable would be the projectile velocity. Found a bug where in due to the projectile velocity being +18k % due to the upgrades made it so that the projectiles no longer connect, or for some reason became limited in range, plus even if i refund the upgrades the velocity buff stays and for some reason velocity steadily increases as i use the item O_O. Sort of a bum for gun use.

Last edited:
Hello, loving this mod ! Though, i realised that this does not work on throwable weapons (as in, the Skeletron expert drop and the Ale thrower and because of that it kinda ruins the point of doing a thrower run... Could you please fix that ?

Loving the mod so far <3 :D but one thing that needs some work or rather a option to disable would be the projectile velocity. Found a bug where in due to the projectile velocity being +18k % due to the upgrades made it so that the projectiles no longer connect, or for some reason became limited in range, plus even if i refund the upgrades the velocity buff stays and for some reason velocity steadily increases as i use the item O_O. Sort of a bum for gun use.
I noticed the same problem with the velocity, and if you want to reset the velocity you need to reforge it with the tinkerer. This will reset the velocity but not fix the problem, so if you upgrade it until it has the velocity buff again, or you don't refund, it will break again.

Thanks for everyone who has reported bugs so far. After the release of 1.4 I will solve everything to get it working again and also fix the bugs that have been mentioned above. Once again thanks everyone for raising these issues :)

Thanks for everyone who has reported bugs so far. After the release of 1.4 I will solve everything to get it working again and also fix the bugs that have been mentioned above. Once again thanks everyone for raising these issues :)
Wooooooooot I really do like this modits just in its current form it's very broken. Also you should try and update it right now as when 1.4 hits tmod that would be the dlc will be 1.3.5 not 1.4 it might still be a while before it goes 1.4

I'm having an issue where all of the (Bard) weapons crafted from Ragnarok aren't able to be upgraded. All of the other bard weapons I've tried worked, except these. They are able to be placed in the slot unlike other items like the rod of discord, but now button appears to upgrade it. I understand that it will likely not be updated until 1.4 but I hope to be able to use it after it does get updated to the new Terraria version. Thank you for making a fun mod to play around with while I waited for the update!

Back
Top Bottom