Game Mechanics Idea for Brain of Cthulhu master mode mechanics.

GLR1071

Terrarian
With master mode coming, Here is a idea for some Brain of Cthulhu mechanics for the mode.

Phase 1 Idea - Creepers
Creepers in master mode can sometimes inflict two debuffs
They move about the speed of hermes boots (30 mph)

Phase 2 Idea - The Brain
The Brain of Cthulhu in master mode sometimes regrows creepers. Instead of dropping loot though, They drop 1 - 3 hearts. The brain will regrow them every time he loses 370 health.
Once at half health, 3 dummies will spawn next to him each with 50 health. You must kill them to advance the fight as the brain gains 1000 defense when the dummies are alive. The dummies will do about 54 damage and tel port with the brain.
At 3/4 health the brain will start to gain more and more defense and will be immune to knockback. He will also spawn 3 - 6 creepers once the brain hits 3/4 health.

Thank you for reading my idea for some master mode Boc mechanics.

The Brain of Cthulhu in master mode sometimes regrows creepers.

They drop 1 - 3 hearts.

At 3/4 health the brain will start to gain more and more defense and will be immune to knockback.
All of them, or just a few?

This will pretty much ensure you won't die. I'd say just keep the heart drops as-is.

The defense is only going to make the boss even more of a damage sponge; I dunno about that one. Maybe the knockback resistance should be what increases as the Brain takes damage, since having that thing chase you uninterrupted alongside 3 Brain'ts AND a buncha eyeballs sounds pretty crazy, especially since the Brain is usually pretty close to you and can be kinda fast.

Back
Top Bottom