OOC Role Play - Calamity Adventure OOC

Look at the last dream bounce, and find the secret I had there.
An explosion. The floor was blown out from under. A long fall seemed to be waiting.

Then two figures land in front of a vault door from the fall. Both female, but one was dressed in seemingly formal wear, while the other wore a soldier's uniform. The latter spoke first.

"You... You fight and look like her... You're a Gamma, aren't you?"
"Who are you?"
"...You... don't recognize me?"
"No, but... You're a NULL too..."
"I thought only me and her were the last NULL left. Then you came along. For what? To stop the withdrawal, right? You should have died... The Chronos. There's none left here. I'm not sure where he left his, but it's not here. There is almost none left, certainly not for the both of us."
"Not enough for both of us?"
"It's almost gone. The NULL project is over. If the government still has any, they certainly won't give it to us, the... rotten aftermath of a miscarried war. Maybe there's enough for one person, but not both of us."
"I'm not here for Chronos though."
"What? Why else would you be here? There's nothing of value here! Nothing! This killing, this fight - it's been for nothing! Unless...
You know nothing, don't you? The past. The power that Chronos gave us, the things we've done. You are clueless about all of this, you were changed. You are Z E R O .
You seek the truth behind the monstrousities from the war..."
"...Yes... I'm looking for answers. Though, I'm not as clueless as you think."
"How disgusting. How dare you walk around as if you were her. I can't believe what they did to her. And what they created. Disgusting."
"We don't need to be enemies though... We can try to work together!"
"There's not enough Chronos, damnit! We couldn't work together even if we wanted to! I'm sorry that it has to end this way, but there is just no other choice. Maybe there is enough Chronos in your blood to slow down the withdrawal, Zero. God, I wished I killed him again."
"Killed him again? What are you goi-"
"The Chronos. Sometimes I'd just... murder... my supplier. Chop off his head, blow out his brains. Then I'd go back before it ever happened, and he'd just be standing there, no idea. I must have done it a thousand times. That :red:ing cretin, holding me hostage with a goddamn drug. He even framed it was some kind of rehabilitation. I wish I could have killed him one last time."
"..."
"They did this to us, you know that? They made us this way. We could have been *real* people."
"Then... this fight will go on forever until one of us surrenders."
"The battle is still happening in our minds - it's a tournament of willpower. Every time you kill me, I understand a little bit better how to beat you...
After I finish you, I'll go after the people who did this to you. I promise - I won't let your death be in vain. They'll suffer."
"You're in withdrawal, aren't you?"
"It's been days since I have taken Chronos. Not since my supplier died. You know what happens. The visions won't stop. You've killed me a thousand times, to the point where I don't even feel it anymore."
"Please... Don't do this. We can still-"
"I have to. I need that Chronos."
A battle ensued.
Constant speeding figures, knife charges, and firing deadly energy beams from every angle.
Despite the clashing, none seemed to be able to gain an advantage on the other. Each expended as much as they could to defeat the other.
Until one of them had their precognition fail them, and to fall the only way they ever seem to - with an explosion, as the one was able to knock out a combat knife out of their opponent's hands, and jab it into the explosives on their opponent's body, sending both of them flying in separate directions.
One was able to get up from the battle, the other crawled towards their former opponent, who said a few words before they rest for the final time, no longer moving.
"Kill... Kill the people who did this... to us...
...for me..."
Opening the vault door, the survivor of the battle doesn't find treasure or secrets, but a cowering family. As they approached, their duty was pulling them to complete their task... But something from within them was holding them back.
They backed away for a moment, then the survivor fled the vault, sparing the family in the process.
On their way back... They thought:
She died before her withdrawal progressed that far...
She died with an explosion, maybe it damaged her just enough that surely that did not cause her to suffer that fate...
She died... And couldn't... shouldn't have... suffered it...

Anything to escape the guilt of killing one of her own for ultimately nothing, and condemning them to the fate that all NULLs must face.
The alternatives are far too bleak to contemplate.

"They may seem dead to you and I, but to them they are still dying. No one to even hear their screams."

It hints to what I would be doing in the aftermath, though, well, besides the withdrawal death, it describes something... very... Well. You'll be meeting them later should Senatsu die. What they created.

There's also TFs (which are not forced unless you have your character injected with a syringe, or if you want one to otherwise happen), a bunch of dragons and Pokemon, and the possibility of your character getting ignored.

I don't even think most of this is Terraria anymore.

There's also TFs (which are not forced unless you have your character injected with a syringe, or if you want one to otherwise happen), a bunch of dragons and Pokemon, and the possibility of your character getting ignored.

I don't even think most of this is Terraria anymore.
Was it ever to begin with?

Well, the roleplay title never said 'Terraria'. Just Calamity Adventure, and that's about it. Sure, Calamity is a Terraria mod, but it could also refer to the many doom and gloomy things here.

It had WAY more Terraria elements early on though. Now I don't even reconize much, asides from the slime character, Duke Fishron, and possibly the Pirate Invasion.

Come to think of it... NONE OF THE ACTIVE RPS ARE TERRARIA BIASED...…. and considering my non terraria characters are Pokémon and characters from other games.... i really do want to make the TRUE...….. ORIGINAL...……...…… CHARACTER.

Back
Top Bottom