tModLoader SGAmod

Do you think I got what it takes to make this a good mod?

• Yes, please share your thoughts :)

Votes: 52 98.1%
  • No, Explain why not :(

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Happy valentines day to some of you (it's still 3 & half hours off for me)
I am necroing this topic from the dead for a very important announcement:

SGAmod V1.0 has been, released.
Yaaaaay!

Yes, I have returned from the grave (to not give living haircuts) but to finish what I started, please read this from start to finish:
As it covers my entire story up to this point, as well as I why I quit Terraria and went missing, until recently.
The front page has been updated, but I'm not done with it yet.

Anywho, enjoy, download on the mod browser

Draken_stickers_2.png

Last edited:
noticed I forgot to mention it *is* released on the front page
added a direct download and mentioned its on the mod browser

as always, looking for feedback and spriters, both would greatly be appericated
thank you <3

Well, as soon as I foubd some free time, I tested your mod. And I found some bugs, which I want to mention:
1. When you create a new character, the game crashes. I may post a screenshot of an error, but I think, that it's easy to try it out yourself.
2. When I die, game crashes with "Terraria stop working" and error is System.NullReferenceException. This also happens, when I quit a world.
3. It is not a big problem, but Hammer Editor looks strange in Recipe browser. Comparing this problem with mentioned above it is nothing, but still it is a bug, so I report about it.

I really like, that this mod is actually not discontinued. I'd be really upset, if it died. And I don't have discord, so I could only wait for any information here. Basically, I had the same situation, as you had with Phil. Luckily, you came back and will please us with your works!

Welp :red:, it looks like a critcal bug has slipped under my sight! Trying to make a new Character resulted in Terraria making... Thousands...

What the hell??

As for Hammer Editor, that's a broken unfinished item I forgot to disable for now

And thank you very much for your words!

Edit: Ok It is fixed and I'm pushing the hotfix update out now, turns out I didn't check if the expertise list was null before trying to generate a new character, and well, that error happened lol, thank you for reporting it!
As for this crash on death/quit, that has never happened, not even with the new character I just made

Every one read this! If your game hardlocked when making a new character!
Make sure you go into your Terraria modded players folder and delete the *HUGE* number of glitched players, this is in here: username\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Players

Last edited:
Welp :red:, it looks like a critcal bug has slipped under my sight! Trying to make a new Character resulted in Terraria making... Thousands...

What the hell??

As for Hammer Editor, that's a broken unfinished item I forgot to disable for now

And thank you very much for your words!

Edit: Ok It is fixed and I'm pushing the hotfix update out now, turns out I didn't check if the expertise list was null before trying to generate a new character, and well, that error happened lol, thank you for reporting it!
As for this crash on death/quit, that has never happened, not even with the new character I just made

Every one read this! If your game hardlocked when making a new character!
Make sure you go into your Terraria modded players folder and delete the *HUGE* number of glitched players, this is in here: username\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Players
I might be a little bit late, but I want to mention, that after the latest updates all crashes I told about (even those, that you didn't have), aren't happening.

I might be a little bit late, but I want to mention, that after the latest updates all crashes I told about (even those, that you didn't have), aren't happening.
Yeah #1 was a major oversight on my part, thank you for reporting it!
I wasn't able to recreate #2, but I'm happy to hear it's gone.

Ok working on the next large-ish update, already patched... alot of problems
my coding is horrible at times and easily missed

but it'll be out soon, I hope you like splunking, here's a slightly older preview of an upcoming mini-dungeon
lSFhg3M.png

More assets ported from Havoc, kinda running out of stuff to use, I'm planning to do more with this later on, but for now, I wanted more than just a room for the swords you'll find here

Maybe you should ask other modders to allow you using content from their discontinued mods? You are a great coder and I'm sure that you will add features from those mods perfectly and in interesting ways. For example, I'd like to see some part from Pentacore mod or from Nebulous.
Please don't delete helpful posts, but I see why you did.
Pentacore was merged with Nebulous, and Nebulous was merged with Echos of the Ancients, which is also a dead mod (Zach_ can say it's not dead all he wants, but the last update was over 2 years ago, yeah, that's pretty dead)

Meanwhile:

SGAmod 2.0 has been released (was called 1.1 but Modbrowser is picky about versions)
2.0-Caliburn's Gifts:
--A majorish-sorta update for you! 3 Caliburn Alters can now be found on new worlds, they each contain a strong pre-hardmode sword, at a price... But it will be worth it for their true form.

--Added the Dank Shrines-a series of 3 mini dungeons brimmed with traps, but with great rewards for those willing to take the challange, can you find all 3 in your world? (Hint-entry point is near the tops, swords are near the bottom, usually)
--Added the Caliburn Trio and their upgrade: True Caliburn
--Added Onyx Tactical Shotgun, Automatic SMG Rifle, Tesla Staff, and Gatlipillar
--Added the Dank Compass to Draken's shop
--Added Dank Wood, Items, and Armor, you can find what you need in Dank Shrine Chests, and when you run out, you can fish em up in there!
--Added a new (mini)Boss-The Spirit of Caliburn, those swords won't come free, you'll need to prove your mettle first
--Added 2 light pets
--Added Revamped Trap Damage system
--Added Prefixes for trap-related items, as well as releated to throwing items and accessories!
--The Grenadier's Glove and Primordial Skull gained a new a passive ability
--Ice Scepter got an alt fire
--Expertise cap is now 16000 (before was 15000)

--Changed:
-The way the HUD above the player is drawn, it is no longer a player layer, but rather an overlay
-XOP Flamethrower's flames can no longer exist going into water, and die like lava rocks do on touching it
-Enemies who are immune to bleeding are now also immune to Massive Bleeding and Gourged
-Updated the tooltip for Havoc's Fragmented Remains
-Added Treepeater tooltip to mention how fast the projectile is.
-Reduced speed of Cosmic Cocktail when thrown by hand, added a tip to the Grenadier's Glove
-Altered some items' crafting recipes
-Buffed Sword of a Thousand Truths, is no longer expert only, is now sold by Draken post-Cratrosity
-Nerfed TPS's boss fight, but made the predicted aim of lasers properly... uh, aim. Also nerfed Cratrosity's attacks.
-Nerfed Flame-Trap Thrower and HeatBeater
-Buffed Super Dart Trap 'gun'
-Buffed Sharkvern-his body segments have 75% DR now
-Buffed F.S.R.G and has been moved a bit later in progression as to not serve as a direct sidegrade to the MegaShark
-Nerfed Space Diver Armor's base defense and set bonus: Taking any ammount of damage takes off a small potion of the breath meter in addition, also each pierce gives you -5% damage
-^The above armor is still really strong however, and is worth crafting for it's set bonus
-Various changes to crafting recipes, mostly to account for the new items
-The mod name again, because I don't think 'content mod' is really that entricing

--Fixed:
-The Expertise system, it was broken with modded npc types, this will effect your save, and will allow you to get over 15K Expertise now. It was that or your characters get bricked.
-Removed left over debug code on Sword of a Thousand Truths
-A possible crash from hovering over items, maybe
-Murk's treasure bag not dropping the Mudmore
-Fixed FlameTrap Thrower doing stupidly high damage up close
-Super Dart Trap 'gun' not showing crit chance-as it's the only trap-related weapon that can infact, crit.
-Draken talking about Calamity related things while only Boss Checklist is installed, also Draken only talks about a home while he is not homeless
-Murk being marked as beaten in hardmode the first time you kill him
-Netcode related stuff, your javelins shouldn't be desyncing so badly now, sorry :/
-Rebalanced some other things

-Known Bugs
-Netcode not 100% guaranteed to work, I have done some tests here and there to iron out the major issues, but still, problems may arise; be aware.
-FlameTrap Thrower bugs out in Enigma's Etherial; the particles are invisible; this is coming from their side, not mine. As to why I have no idea.
-Dank Shrines can sometimes not grow large enough to have any entrances, also they can generate only the center if they generate inside the temple/dungeon (this has happened, quite alot, thou it's rare and I'll fix it later :/)
-When Caliburn Spirits summon traps, they can possibly break the Sword Alter, now I have added 2 extra blocks on both sides to help buffer this, but it might still happen, so try to not be fighting near the alter in this case.
-Wraiths don't seem to drop the proper materials atm per world

And a few weeks later, we have hit 1K downloads on the mob browser! Woo! Slowly but surely picking up steam!

However I have run into a rather major issue, there was a large backlog of sprites I had access to but the spriter has gotten overwelmingly busy and doesn't want me using any of them without his input into how they should work, but again, he's super busy and doesn't have the time, which effectively means I can't use them.
This is on top of him wanting to change what's already in the mod

So... I'll once again put this out there: I need spriters, I need more help, else SGAmod won't really be getting any more large updates because I can't do this myself, on top of that, I need proper sprites for all the place holder crap, if you like the CODING and GAMEPLAY, involved, and want your work to properly be used and made a reality, please consider helping out or asking anyone you know who can do 2by2 pixels well to help me out, thank you <3

Last edited:
um is this supposed to hit targets multiple times?

A direct hit on eye of cthulu causes him to get hit 8 time wheras an indirect hit cause him to take only 1
intended, this projectile causes a very low amount of immunity frames, the basic shot hits only 8 times, the lv2 shot hits a bit more, and the lv3 has unlimited penetration. (but all 3 cause very low amount of immunity frames)
Did a test just now to make sure I'm seeing this right, and I am, so yes. (Because immunity frames tend to be a bit tricky and not work right half the time)

Back
Top Bottom