Other Swap Plantera and Golem

We've all been there. We beat the mechanical bosses, only to rush to the jungle and find Plantera holding back a run for weeks. And then we finally beat her, and rush to the lihzahrd temple (or do an exhaustive search of the jungle through strip mines, if you chose a large pc), and proceed to conquer it and golem in all of 30 minutes. This isn't really proper progression of difficulty, so I would suggest swapping the 2 bosses. No, I don't mean random lihzahrd altars pop up in the middle of the jungle and there's a plantera bulb at the end of the temple, but I mean this:

-The third mechanical boss drops a jungle key.
-Golem's defeat spreads Plantera bulbs across the jungle, releases screams from the dungeon, and does not gather the cultists or allow for martian invasions.
-Defeating golem slows the spread of the infectus biomes, like Plantera used to.
-Plantera's defeat does not release screams in the dungeon, nor does it slow the spread of the infectus biomes.
-Plantera's defeat gathers the cultist and allows for martian invasions.

tldr: One fights Golem before Plantera, and the events that result are swapped as well.

I think this could possibly work. The only thing is that is so satisfying when you defeat plantera after working so hard to do it.

On one hand, this is a nice way to indirectly buff Golem's difficulty and make his drops more valuable for progression.

On the other hand... we are left with the exact same issue in the end. Plantera with Dungeon and Golem drops will become extremely easy, and most of her drops will be even more worthless than Golem's in the new Post Plantera.

I'm mixed about this one.

I for one can support this. I find expert plantera so difficult that I have to use a tsunami to beat her, and when I have duke fishron weapons almost non of the post plantera pre-golem weapons are worth using. Maybe that's a problem with duke fishron being too easy though.

Maybe that's a problem with duke fishron being too easy though.
Duke Fishron is not easy. It is just a solved fight.

If you do not show Dude Fishman the respect it deserves with proper preparation beforehand (a proper arena, gear that's appropriate, just being really intimate and calm with the fight, etc.) it will continue to body you again and again.

Duke Fishron is not easy. It is just a solved fight.

If you do not show Dude Fishman the respect it deserves with proper preparation beforehand (a proper arena, gear that's appropriate, just being really intimate and calm with the fight, etc.) it will continue to body you again and again.
I mean, I never found him difficult to kite. Before I ever interacted with the community, I just use a single layer of platforms, frog legs, wings, and a tactical shotgun, no campfires, potions, or elaborate arena required...

The Frog Legs really make that fight incredibly easy, though.

chlorpophyte shotbow is my weapon of choice agaist Duke Fishron. I usually just grab some ranged chloropyte armor real quick too. Frog leg is a huge help but I've done it without the frog leg. You can get loads of truffle worms by infecting the jungle, so resummoning duke fishron is actually way easier than re summoning Plantera.

It would be nice. But there are alot of issues that come with this.

Mainly that it has already been established that Golem is post Plantera. Swapping them would cause alot of confusion in my opinion.

Buffing Golem would probably be a better option. I've seen alot of great suggestions on how to buff him without to much hassle.

This sounds like something Bob Ross would say.
Well, realistically... It's just very disheartening to be struggling with something and constantly see people in the community call it "easy," after all. If it's so easy, why can't it be done?

Sometimes, we just need a gentle reminder that the game we've been playing for years isn't actually easy, we're just really good at it. It can be easy to forget all the mistakes we used to constantly make in the process of learning something and eventually mastering it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom