Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially thought this was the thread to post your submission in, due to the notification on Steam linking this thread. Have you checked, if people have also posted their content submission in the proper thread? I sure did so, shortly after noticing my oopsie.

This was initially the thread to post submissions in, but we decided to make a seperate one for submissions shortly after, the Steam post has also been updated to reflect that.

And yeah, we have been moving any entries we see from this thread to the submission thread.

oh oops im stupid, i posted this in the wrong place ಠ_ಠ, im very sorry but I don't know where im suppost to post this...

Can you update your submission if you want to add an additional thing or edit something? Cause I want to submit something but I feel as if I would want to add something on to it later.

A lot of people are ignoring "Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv-shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected"
Some of them are really good too, unfortunately, they probably won't get in. :/

A lot of people are ignoring "Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv-shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected"
Some of them are really good too, unfortunately, they probably won't get in. :/

Yep. I bolded/underlined the text in the submission thread. But I can't help it if people simply won't read the rules :(

Anything that doesn't follow them is likely to be disqualified at the selection stage. I can only hope people reread the rules at some point and reconsider their submissions.

Greetings Terrarians!

The development team at Re-Logic were having a chat the other day about just how creative the Terraria community is - from art to music to in-game creations, you all are simply amazing. That got us to thinking... what better way to reward that creativity in the final Journey's End update than to give all of you creative geniuses a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own vanity armor design into the game itself?

That's right - we are giving everyone a chance to submit their own original ideas for Terraria Vanity Armor/Outfits (Head/Torso/Legs), and the winners will see their ideas make it into the game for the Journey's End update! This is your chance to design your own brand new vanity outfit that you'd like to see added to the game! This is sort of like finding that golden ticket and getting to visit the chocolate factory, except there is no tour and no lifetime supply of chocolate... only fame and glory and bragging rights forever listed in one of the best video games ever crafted.

As you might imagine, there are some rules and guidelines and such that are important for you to follow - however, inside of these guidelines, have at it! Anything your minds can dream up, we want to hear about it!

You can also check out the Contest Submission Thread to see current submissions!
Please note! ALL SUBMISSIONS must be posted in the submission thread! If they are only posted in this thread, they will not be considered valid!

index.php

GUIDELINES & RULES
WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

HECK YEAH, I WON! NOW WHAT?
  • Re-Logic will directly contact the winners so that we can begin the process of adding your design into the game.
  • Please note that some creative license in regards to the interpretation on behalf of our artists is expected - so be flexible. (don't worry, we will make it amazing)
  • Re-Logic will have the final say on approval for the winning designs (actual art and text going in-game)
  • The winner's name will be included in some way in the tooltip and/or naming for the item, so that you can always pull it up in game to brag to your buddies. :cool:
  • Once we arrive on a final design, just wait for the day when Journey's End arrives and you can run around in your very own vanity creation!

LEGAL STUFF
  • By participating in the contest, you agree to relinquish all rights to your vanity design to Re-Logic for inclusion into the game. Winners will be required to sign a document to that effect.
  • If you are under the legal age to sign legal documents in your country (eg. Under 18 in most countries), you will need your parent or guardian to sign as well - so be sure to get that permission in advance! :)

index.php
Umm question for anyone who is in this thread or supervising this contest ect I just spent the last 2 or so hours after reading about this on twitter and here on the forums and have already made my design and it's ready but however it is for one in pixel art and cube guided form and the pieces are not seperated from each other but rather put together as a whole. Will this be fine? Also can anyone possibly post the link to where I might have to submit my design please? I would be very grateful ^_^ I cant wait to also see all the other designs as well.

Umm question for anyone who is in this thread or supervising this contest ect I just spent the last 2 or so hours after reading about this on twitter and here on the forums and have already made my design and it's ready but however it is for one in pixel art and cube guided form and the pieces are not seperated from each other but rather put together as a whole. Will this be fine? Also can anyone possibly post the link to where I might have to submit my design please? I would be very grateful ^_^ I cant wait to also see all the other designs as well.

That submission format will be fine. As long as we can visibly see what you are trying to show us! We'll work out the details with you directly if your design is chosen.

You can make your submissions in this thread: Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Thanks for a contest that, whatever you may pretend, is heavily biased towards the modding community! I won't be participating, because it's blatantly unfair and not everyone has an equal chance of winning. `:p

Here's my design, It's probably nowhere near as good as some other posts but i hope you like the concept :)View attachment 237956
Thats pretty cool actually I like it :) for mine I didn't do armor cause I wasn't sure if it had to be just vanity exclusive or if armor vanity was fine. But I did make my own unique outfit though even if it aint armor per say. But hey great start ^_^ good work man

Thanks for a contest that, whatever you may pretend, is heavily biased towards the modding community! I won't be participating, because it's blatantly unfair and not everyone has an equal chance of winning. `:p

@Kefke

I'm honestly confused at this statement. Why would it be biased towards the modding community? If anything, submissions based on mods have additional technical/logistic concerns that make them LESS likely to win, due to questions of IP ownership.

A lot of the Terraria devs are not familiar with the popular mods, and since I'm estimating that 95-99% of submissions are going to be filtered out at the Relogic selection phase, so I can't really see how it would offer much bias in their favor. Care to elaborate?

Last edited:
Of course the vanity set I made is a jester set. Like, what else would I make, me bein the jester character lovin dummy that I am. Honestly, I kinda like how it looks, bein my first time doing pixel art and all (other than recoloring nuclear throne weapons lol)
I guess the small amount of pixels benefitted me, considerin once you make me work with a larger canvas it doesn't look that good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom