Hot Topic How Did You Come Across Terraria?

Friends raving about it, paladin this, wall of flesh that, heroes clothes, eater of worlds hard ( back then) blah blah. So I decided to get it on mobile 8 months later lol, glad I bloody did

Ever since I got into Minecraft my friend bought it for me. I play Terraria for the action and Minecraft for building stuff. (Though I got sick of people comparing MC to Terraria, they're nothing alike, except that they are sandbox games.)

I saw the few videos that Simon and Lweis from The Yogscast made about the game. It looked fun, so I bought it (my first Steam game even :p). I saw Northern Lion's pre-release LP of the game even though it was outdated (I bought it a couple of days before the 1.1.2 update), but the game was, and still is, more or less the same game. But it was only by 1.2 that I really became good at the game (I can't remember having a full legit LP of the game before then).

I was constantly harassed by a friend to play it, but didn't care to. I eventually bought it so that my Steam account wasn't F2P, and it just sat in my library for about a year before I actually loaded it up. I decided that it was an okay game.

In 2011, a few months before 1.1, I began watching the Terraria videos. I don't know much, but Yrimir did quite have a connection to this. So did Minecraft. Pirated it next year. Bought it for real (actually gifted to me by Blue Lit, thanks matey!) in 2013.

A friend bought the game and wanted me to play it as well. I was reluctant at first, because I thought it was just some sort of 2D Minecraft clone (feel free to shoot me, I deserve it).
I tried it anyway and now got 1734 game hours, while my friend stopped playing after 23 hours. -_-

In my Minecraft days, I wanted to find games that are like Minecraft.
Then I found this wonderful game.

Oh, and Minecraft sucks.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418053033][/DOUBLEPOST]
One of my friends showed it to me, just after the hardmode update. I thought 'nah' a year or so later, my other friend bought it, and convinced me to get it. I have since recomended it to several friends.
Oh my god, you are everywhere.

Heard a Minecraft fanboy throwing a huge fit over how this game, "copied Minecraft," so I decided I would get it. I had been looking for a few games similar to Minecraft anyways.

That has happened to me several times already....
Sucks, doesn't it? :(
Thankfully, over time I've managed to play with at least a dozen people who did stick around long enough to finish the game (as in: kill all the bosses). Loads of fun. Terraria is good, but it's even better when playing with like-minded people. :)

I used to watch a youtuber named batclone all the time, and he played that game before 1.1, i thought it looked awesome, so i got it!

and im glad i did!

Back
Top Bottom