Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• IMG_20200314_230202.png
    IMG_20200314_230202.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 124
---------------The Energy Guardian Armour---------------
Version 2.0

Energy Knight  Praise.gif

A strange old suit of armour lost thru time.

It was said to be worn by the ancient progenitor from the star and found buried on planet after being caught by the planet gravity well after drifting in space for eons.
Large, tall, sturdy, stout and bulky in nature whilst its incredible weight makes one cumbersome to use at times. It comes with excellence durability which give the much dire protection to the user.
Upon repairing the armour and re-energizing the ancient power cell within, The armour strangely leaves behind a radiant energy trail from the footstep you make.
Along with the divine energy sword, which was forge by the great progenitor, piece the evil within this accursed land and once again the Old Guardian Armour may protect all in Terraria, as it did before.
Energy Knight Walking_Complete (1).gif

Energy Knight Large_head.png

Energy Knight_Head_Side.png

Energy Plate Helmet:

Forge by the great progenitor, this vestigial helmet radiate radiant blue energy above it horns, while providing the protection the user from a blunt force trauma.

As for the helmet design base on those worn by medieval knight. In which it horn burn continuously and be effected by the direction the user in moving.
Energy Knight clone_Body.png

Energy Knight_Body_side.png

Energy Plate Mail:

An ancient armor once said to be been don by the ancient progenitor from the long and distant battle. A cradle that envelope the user protecting vital organs, allowing the user to trades multiple blows at the same time.

For the style of the torso piece I imagine why not have two shield ( one large for the front and a smaller for the rear) and stuck it on both side which looks gave it study and wide protection for the user also the symbol of the energy guardian continuously glow at the front of the armour
Energy Knight clone _Legs.png

Energy Knight_Leg_Side_Foward.png

Energy Armoured Leggings:

Do not be fool but it nature of this leggings as such strange legging require the strength of the ancient to move yet providing the an the user an unyielding protection.

Lastly for the legs, I was thinking for it to have a design base on solid cylindrical shape like a peg legs, short and stubby legs making unique way compare to the standard legs as this armour is from a extraterrestrial source. Also for every step one make, it leave behind a trail of bluish energy from the footsteps it make when in motion.

Energy Knight_Idle (3).gif
Energy Knight_Esword_CharAtk.gif

May the armour come forth from the unknown space and time to be embedded into Terraria, to be found, to be don by the new protector, But beware for the armour for which it seem to be sentient, watches your every move thru the visor, it learn it yearn, as it true nature will unfold, untold or maybe not. It may be used by the ancient progenitor but does not mean the armour will fight for good.
May it protect all in Terraria

or be destroyed by it.

Energy Knight_Jump_Special.gif

Version 2.0

Energy Knight_Idle_Special.gif
Energy Knight Large_Pose_Jump.png
Energy Knight Large_Pose_Sword_Gun.png
Energy Knight Large_Pose_Sword_Forward.png
Energy Knight Large_Pose_Sword_Guard.png

Energy Knight Corrupted_EKnight.gif

Well if the armour was one of the chosen design, I envision that player can only obtain this set of armour by drop such, as per the story above fallen from the star above onto the surface small impact crater similar to meteor impact but smaller in scale (lategame), maybe multiple armour but there are some that survive the impact are fully intact and behave as a golem. If the player fails excavate the site, the impacted area will start to grow flora/regenerate itself at an accelerated rate due to the energy remaining within the armour, making it look like it was there for thousand of years. Or a rare drop from the moon lord as this armour is from a extraterrestrial source.

A little tall for a vanity but hey power of the progenitor in-which every 7 attack/ shooting animation using sword/gun (fast firing/attack animation make take use long count time or not ) cause the armour to radiate out energy like the ( W ) symbol. (hehe increase attack, maybe :p)

Maybe make it a twist, after certain days (ingame), the golem "armour" will turn itself as the "Extraterrestrial Armour" that only roam the crash site attacking anything with a reddish hue.

Version 2.0

Old_Guardian_Large_1only.png
Energy Knight_Relic_1.gif
Old_Guardian_Large_1only right.png

Some of the breakdown template I design which were used to create the armour in attachment. Thank you for your time :)

Attachments

• Energy Knight Large.png
    Energy Knight Large.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Energy Knight Orignal.png
    Energy Knight Orignal.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Stickmeneer!

My little borther worked on it, I think it's a masterpiece (If you consider banana taped to wall art...)
Honestly the idea is literaly a stick man, that's it...

yes.
Untitled.png

Here is my entry i made it with paint net this took forever
So i hope my entry at least get noticed
terraria entry 2.png

This vanity is called Corrupted Knight/Mage
I am not the best at drawing so I believe it has a lot of texture that needs to be fixed
if its gonna be called the corrupted knight maybe you can help me fixed that weird black thing in front of the face to an actual mask plate
if its called the mage then maybe help me fix the weird helmet in to some sort of hood
(I originally tried to make it as a corrupted mage but it took me hours to make the hood but then it just looked too weird so i just made it into a hat thing)

I have an idea for a throwing disc or flying ring hat. Sorry for bad design... The design will be different it'll look like Saturn's rings but on your head, and I think if there could be different colour variants, it will be cool. There is also a real-life photo of what I'm trying to recreate.

Attachments

• disc hat.png
    disc hat.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 152
  • disc hat on head.png
    disc hat on head.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 133
  • flying ring.jpg
    flying ring.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
So here you go! Think of what the people want. Do they want tree man? Probably. But would this be better? Absolutely.
I really hope someone hasn't submitted this before, (If so, I promise I'm not stealing) but a T-Rex costume would be awesome.
The head would bobble up and down when you walk, so you can tell it's inflatable.
I drew up those terrible sprites in Piskel.
Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 27062024.jpg
    27062024.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 116
  • New Piskel.gif
    New Piskel.gif
    12 KB · Views: 129
  • New Piskel (1).gif
    New Piskel (1).gif
    16 KB · Views: 160
  • New Piskel (2).gif
    New Piskel (2).gif
    16 KB · Views: 132
I present to you Bambo, The Last Warrior
Bambo The Last Warrior.png

Bambo, The Last warrior equips the player with a bandana around the head, a vest and jeans. Bambo is the lost warrior from a time long ago but he has regained his power and is ready to fight at any cost. The Bambo outfit will give you, a higher strength, about 3 temporary hearts (if its taken off it looses effect) and it will give you faster running speed with a large amount of awesomeness and liberty. The Bambo outfit will most likely be found in a jungle biome like in chest above the ground or maybe a temple who knows. Bambo is ready to fight, Are you?
Credits: Me, Designer: Also Me, Creator: STILL ME. Thank you, thank you very much. I look forward to see if Bambo will get his redemption against evil. #BamboForVanity2020

This is my Christmas teddy bear in tuxedo. Sorry if it looks bad, it's my first time drawing, but I think this looks cute enough and it would be nice to see him in game
IMG_20200314_142933.png
IMG_20200314_143422.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom