Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I made a submission where basically the vanity set changed the color and got a few minor tweaks done to it. I was looking through the questions in this thread and saw that you said that vanity’s with multiple forms wouldn’t be allowed because of the work it would take. So my question is whether a color change and some additions per the main biomes would be allowed or not.

Is the submission allowed to be hand-drawn and taken a picture of?
so far every single submission is made on digital drawing software.
If it is allowed, will it being bad quality because of the camera hurt chances of winning?

giraffe costume, it could be rarely (0.000001) percent drop from any block, enemy, etc, because it would be funny to see people digging a hellhole or something and get a giraffe suit randomly and be like "what even is this?". The set would be called the giraffe suit (giraffe mask, giraffe chestplate, giraffe trousers)View attachment 242684
My mans has 2 noses

Is it a viable to have a character look like they're floating? My idea has the character floating at ground level. Just asking before I submit my hopeful armor idea.

Hello I just registered to TCF; I have two questions:

1. Is the vanity contest independent from Journey's End's developpment? Or will it affect working time?

2. Why should references to other games be rejected? There is costumes of Minecraft Creeper, Xenomorph and TMNT in Terraria, though actual brand names for the latter two aren't used in-game.
1) It's not independent, but implementing vanity sets is a pretty quick thing. This content is something some of the more junior devs can work on whilst the more senior devs implement more complicated features.
2) In general, ReLogic need permission or to own the rights to things they add in-game. Anything they add that they don't own could result in the owners persuing legal action, which of course ReLogic want to avoid.
So I made a submission where basically the vanity set changed the color and got a few minor tweaks done to it. I was looking through the questions in this thread and saw that you said that vanity’s with multiple forms wouldn’t be allowed because of the work it would take. So my question is whether a color change and some additions per the main biomes would be allowed or not.
Different colours are still multiple sets. One set only please.
Is the submission allowed to be hand-drawn and taken a picture of?
so far every single submission is made on digital drawing software.
If it is allowed, will it being bad quality because of the camera hurt chances of winning?
Plenty of people have submitted hand drawn entries they've taken pictures of, that's fine. As long as the camera is high enough quality to show your art well, it should be fine also.
Is it a viable to have a character look like they're floating? My idea has the character floating at ground level. Just asking before I submit my hopeful armor idea.
That should be alright - I believe there are already sets ingame that make the player float slightly above the ground instead of walking.
It does not say anything about obtaining them
ReLogic will be deciding how the sets are obtained.

terraria_chracter_nude3.png
terraria_chracter_nude.png

:hoppinjack:Character Pixel Model :hoppinjack:

While I was doing research , I found that it was not easy to find clear images of the full-length Terraria characters on the Internet. I joined the forum because of this competition, so I don’t know if anyone has posted it before, and my level is not enough to send a discussion thread myself. I edited such a pixel character template based on the character model of the Terraria game. There should not be too many errors. I hope I can help other contestants.

The picture size is 50x50. It is a transparent png file. There is also a reference image with a 300% magnification. The smaller one is the original size.

You can draw the costume set with accurate pixels directly on the template in the drawing software (like MS Painter or Aseprite, etc.) to show the effect of the costume set in the game.:rslime:

I'm not quite sure where I can post this thing. If it should be sent elsewhere, I apologize first.:dryadsmile:

Attachments

• terraria_chracter_nude.png
    terraria_chracter_nude.png
    495 bytes · Views: 109
Last edited:
Question: after we have posted a submission, could we edit our submission if we have made a few tweaks? Like color changes and stuff like that?

Question: after we have posted a submission, could we edit our submission if we have made a few tweaks? Like color changes and stuff like that?
You are free to edit your submission as many times as you like up until the deadline. After that, your submission will lock and can no longer be edited.

I have questions about this contest:

1)If I win I have to come somwhere with my parents and sign the contract,or is it all online?

2)Can my armor get the leg slot item change the legs,like some vanity outfits like the mermaind outfit do?

3)Can I post my submission now or anytime soon?

Please,respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom