Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bored/out of ideas are you to do this while not even bothering to give us ETA on the update? Feature creep meets idea drought much? :merchantmad:

How bored/out of ideas are you to do this while not even bothering to give us ETA on the update? Feature creep meets idea drought much? :merchantmad:

Woah there, calm down.

You have a much better idea about the timeline with the contest end date. Above and beyond that, there's a Global Pandemic running amok, causing shutdowns and social distancing. Even if they had given a date, it would already be null due to the Governmental Mandates in place. If you're that hard up for something new and challenging, grab a phone, download the Terraria app, and run a Large Map on Expert. S'what I'm doin', I'm so undercoordinated for it, so it's a nifty challenge to make me rethink how I approach the more difficult aspects of the game.

Either way, just remember, these folks are Human too. Also this is a chance for the die-hards to become immortalized in the game itself, even if you don't want to participate, don't go after others for wanting to.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... I want to do something, but I don't know what. Also is the King Slime Mask going to updated to have a crown on the slime head so it resembles the newer king slime sprite and not the old one?

@Northadox Stealing my ideas, are you? -_-

Kidding, kidding. Your submission looks great! Best of luck to everyone!

Your maid thing is more rooted from that weird anime with the maid girls. Mine is more so rooted in just being a general maid costume rather than anything specific. I mean, I guess I did get inspiration from Amelia Bedelia or whatever, but the point is it's that it's a maid costume for everyone!

I don't have the time right now to scroll through the thread to see if this question has been answered yet. I have an idea that may only work if the entire set were a single clothing item. Is something like that within the scope of the contest?

I don't have the time right now to scroll through the thread to see if this question has been answered yet. I have an idea that may only work if the entire set were a single clothing item. Is something like that within the scope of the contest?

submissions may only include head/torso/leg pieces. (Leinfors said so earlier, but with 30 pages its allot to go through)

how many designs are they accepting? or is there no set limit on how many can be accepted? Also, are the number of likes or loves an item gets going to effect if it gets chosen?
(I just read the beginning of this forum I have no idea how I missed it they are accepting 3 sorry >.>)

Last edited:
View attachment 237713
Name: King Quack
Desc: In memory of King Quack III
When getting hit while wearing this, your character makes a quack sound instead.

Edit: I have made a quacker
Edit2: yes
more likes
quacks will take over
View attachment 237727
Took me a while but I'm finally done. I made it in Pixelart.com.
This is generally my online avatar character.
Not sure if this one image will do, or if I need to send image for each armor piece.
The first part is the helmet (pink pixels surrounding it)
Second part is the armor first the mid piece.
Last part is the leg part which is the red spikes at the bottom.
P.S. Yes this is indeed my own artwork and character. I call him Ember_Hydra (A.K.A. Burning Hydra or Hydra for short)

Quack

how many designs are they accepting? or is there no set limit on how many can be accepted? Also, are the number of likes or loves an item gets going to effect if it gets chosen?
If I understand, there's no limit. they plan to go through every single submission and pick the ones they like on personal criteria, which will then go on to the voting round.

They are just pointing out that this chat isn't where we are supposed to post our entries, here's a link to the actual submission thread Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread in case you were having trouble finding it. The staff wanted everything to be in one place so its easier for them to go through so you gotta post it there if you want to be entered. Good luck!

Are you looking at all the arts right now? or will they start looking only after the registration time limit expires? (I'm a little worried about that, because I put my art, and I ended up noticing just 2 days after I had forgotten to put the main pixel art in my post, so I had to edit the post to put the pixel art), thinking "And if you've seen the art and the person edited it soon after (but before the submission deadline, of course).
so I would like to know, are you already looking at the arts? or will they only look and choose after the submission deadline?

I made my entry as how it will look like in-game, is that valid? I just want to make sure before I get disqualified haha

I'm so excited! Even if I don't win, just having participated is so much fun! The fact that there are 3 winners is very generous.

index.php

(Warning i suck at pixel art) So,I made this im gonna come clean i kind of reskinned Fossil A bit,But i Tried my best to recolour and make it look different i think i did i good job with fossil as a base,i call it the "Antlion Bandit set" The white is Negative Space,I hope i win if i win i will be super glad but,if not,I will be glad i tried,if i dont win i will probably just put this in a mod or something,You might need to open it in MS paint to see it fully sorry for the small size,i used a .png off of Google :p
You posted it on the wrong thread bro, the right one is Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread
I'll post my entry too, good luck tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom