Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
Okay, this is the one, this is it. THE KING IN YELLOW. THE MAN IN THE PALLID MASK. HASTUR.

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
THIS ONE. THE KING IN YELLOW. THE MAN IN THE PALLID MASK. HASTUR. This one was just for funsies. Mind Flayer.

Attachments

• Hastur's_Hood (1).png
    Hastur's_Hood (1).png
    345 bytes · Views: 113
  • Hastur's_Robe.png
    Hastur's_Robe.png
    540 bytes · Views: 96
  • Hastur's_Tentacles.png
    Hastur's_Tentacles.png
    411 bytes · Views: 90
  • Mind_Flayer_Mask.png
    Mind_Flayer_Mask.png
    453 bytes · Views: 122
  • Mind_Flayer_Robe.png
    Mind_Flayer_Robe.png
    501 bytes · Views: 107
  • Mind_Flayer_Pants.png
    Mind_Flayer_Pants.png
    288 bytes · Views: 98
Last edited:
Oda's attire
based on an original character.

would love to see how it would look pixelated ;)

Attachments

• Terraria Oda's attire.png
    Terraria Oda's attire.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 105
Giraffe Head.png

A Giraffe suit where the head would sway when you walked. the neck would be real long and if that doesn't fit you could make the torso section look like the neck with arms hanging off. above is what the head could look like.
thanks for your consideration.

"Baggy afro" set

He has an especially big afro for the head, he is wearing a baggy shirt with a sword strapped onto it, and he is wearing baggy pants with a holstered gun.

Head- Big afro
Body- Baggy shirt with sword strapped on
Legs- Baggy pants with a holstered gun

Attachments

• 20200320_233553.jpg
    20200320_233553.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 89
Boingo the Cat! His legs are just white legs and tail, the torso would be the full coat and white part underneath. And the head would be the head with the hat.
:kingslime:

Attachments

• 95CBB122-DA16-4DAD-BDA1-E24D20755812.jpeg
    95CBB122-DA16-4DAD-BDA1-E24D20755812.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 6C582F6F-F714-44D3-B754-E170D9A557FB.jpeg
    6C582F6F-F714-44D3-B754-E170D9A557FB.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 96
Are you bored playing Terraria? Do you often suffer gamer fatigue because you beat the game 12 times over? Is the Calamity mod too hard for you?
Do you wish for a solution to these problems?
Well I do too!
Sadly there isn't much of a solutions to these problems except for 1.4 Journey's End.
But that ain't happening for another 20 years.
BUT!
That's not where our story ends, it does not end in developer hell.
Far from developer hell.
For Relogic lit the beacon of hope for all to see.
The Vanity Contest
A contest that would pit OC against OC
Talent against Talent
Sans against Jotaro
Most will strive to succeed
yet
Only one a few will win!

The few who win will go down in Terraria history!
Everyone is jumping on this bandwagon that has no stop!
At least until April 13th.
and boy...
DO I LOVE HOPPING ON BANDWAGONS!

Introducing the King Jester outfit

Terraria King Jester.png

Featuring
+ Jester's Crown
+ Half Decent King Cloak
+ Gym Shorts and Long Shoes
+ Chaos

A Vanity Set meant to appeal to others instead of myself.​

New Piskel (4).png

'The Last Terrarian' set. As terraria will not be recieving any more updates (or so they say) after 1.4, I decided to come up with something that fits with this. My vanity presents an ageing set of armor, fitting with the idea that terraria is, or will, age over time as support for it dies away. The set serves as a memory of the world left behind by the terraria developers, and will be obtainable from the final boss after it is defeated.

- The characters skin and eye colour remain unchanged, I just put black skin and blue eyes in there to match the sprite a bit better
- Animated cape thing
- when dyed, only the greenish, blue areas on the set change, the silver stays the same. (only a concept, can be changed if not possible)
- unsure of what the lore should be, but maybe it would go something like this "A memory of this ever ageing world"

thanks for taking the time to look at my concept!

Terraria_Contest_Enairee.png

I'd like it called K2-18b Lifesuit, after the exoplanet of the same ID.
The idea was to make something similar to the items already in-game since we can't make accessories or wings. It would already go well with some of them. Pale blues, greens and greys would match many of the later game stuff and let's be honest, once you craft the Drill Containment Unit, do you ever go back to anything else really?

Blazing armour.png
This is blazing armour.
It seems that I put on too much flame dye and left my character in lava with my computer on overnight... why are my hands blue?

Astro_Terran_Armor.jpg
1584769260164.png

This is the Astro-Terran vanity set, obtainable after you complete the Terra Blade. Terraria is very focused on land, nature, and the earth, but toward the end the focus shifts to space. Consequently, my set is a cross between a space suit and a suit of armor, using the Terra Blade's color scheme. The legs and chest are set with gems of the Terra Blade's color, and there are branches off of each piece in reference to those on the Terra Blade's hilt. There is also a leaf growing off of the pauldron. The helmet visor, of course, has the color scheme of the blade part of the Terra Blade. I intend for the upper part of the chest to be like the large pads on modern space suits, where the life support and other technology is. If possible, I would want this set to have a similar particle effect to the Terra Blade's projectiles, perhaps while running.

Last edited:
it is a character with tv static as his shirt and pants and for the head it is a tv with the coloured lines
sorry im not good with photoshop

Attachments

• TERRARIA COMPETE11.jpg
    TERRARIA COMPETE11.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 93
Screenshot (1).png

It's called the Orbital set
Orbital Globe - the helmet of the set and main feature. The orbital globe is a glass dome helmet with planets orbiting like a solar system ( in game players head would be visible inside the dome)
Orbital Chest & Orbital pants- The chest piece and pants are of a space suit/ astronaut suit. It's meant to totally conceal the player inside
In all the whole set is suppose to be an astronaut like suit with planets orbiting the head.
- Nova

The Phantom Queen Dress (or Robe)
A heavily raven feather themed Dress inspired by the Morrígan, includes a raven shaped headdress, a metal breastplate with feathers along the arm holes, feathered bracers at the end of the sleeves, pants and armored boots worn under the skirts
Phantom Queen Dress.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom