Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
E9C12E85-D290-4E8C-A099-7834B6FC6FC4.jpeg

I'm very cold, my hands are always freezing....I need a sweater, the kind my grandma would knit for me.

Attachments

• Grandma Sweater.png
    Grandma Sweater.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 102
It is a costume that changes depending on what gender your character is. If the character is a female, the vanity items are a cow, but if you are a male character, it is a bull. Since all cows are female an all bulls are male.

Attachments

• COW.jpg
    COW.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 104
The four skins here are all practically the same, I just textured them differently and couldn't decide which one was better so I put them all up. I'd say the tail is the most unique part about this set, so id say it should be attached to the legs of the set, and maybe when you run or walk there could be a little animation, I don't want to ask too much though. I'm sad that I didn't set to design wings with this set but i'm more than happy to be here at all. I'm not the best artist so when it comes to color or to changes that are wanted to be made I wouldn't mind at all. I also couldn't come up with a name for this set so hopefully that doesn't effect anything too much. Anyway keep up the great work and I can't wait for Journeys end.
New Piskel (1).gif

Last edited:
0B1E0EC5-DF39-4FDF-88CA-3FED4AF0ACC9.jpeg

Ok, so, this is my submission, the Arcade Set.
Appearance:
The arcade machine is viewed diagonally from the front, as in the image. I don’t know what most of the colours would be, though.

Hat
The Arcade Hat is, well, like the top of an arcade machine. It has a sticky-outy bit at the top, before going inward to the arcade’s screen, which would be the face. The face is quite simple, with two large, square eyes and a big smiling mouth that looks like a square bracket. The background of the screen is dark green, and the eyes and mouth are black.

Bodypiece
The Arcade Bodypiece (definitely room for a better phrase) has another sticky-out bit, this time on the bottom of the screen area, which is where the controls are. There are three buttons on the left in a triangular pattern, and a joystick on the right. The arms are bundles of wires wrapped in black rubber insulation, with the insulation broken at the ends, revealing the wires which act as fingers. The rubber insulation comes from the back of the machine, where you can’t see it. This is referenced in the tooltip.

Lower-body-piece (you need to get better names for me)
The bottom bit of the machine has a vent on the side, and two wheels on the bottom. That’s pretty much all.

Other possible features
These are ideas that I had that could give the costume a bit more character.
  1. The tooltip for the bodypiece could say something like “Let’s see where those wires come fro- oh.” as a reference to Terraria’s 2D-ness.
  2. The normal “hurt” sounds could be made more robotic when wearing the hat.
  3. The vent on the lower body could spew smoke when you got damaged/the less health you had i.e. no smoke at full health.
  4. There could be text on the top and sides that say “Terraria” or something.
  5. If you stand in one spot for a while, it could say “Shutting down” and show a red power symbol before the wheels retract and the screen goes completely black. When you move again, the wheels come out again and the face flickers before coming into view again.
  6. If you talk to the Cyborg when wearing the full suit, he has a chance to say something like “Finally! One of my kind!”
  7. If you talk with the Truffle, he has a very rare chance to say “I used to LOVE playing games on these! Like the one where you had to try and defeat the plumber!” as a reference to Mario and him being a mushroom, like a goomba, but that might have some copyright stuff with it, so maybe not.
EDIT: Here’s a bad pixel art of what it could be like. I decided to make it blue, but you can choose any colour you think fits.
EDIT #2: So, I gave the image some extra details, and now it looks a bit better.
9261D144-5EF9-4A37-9A16-034CB848CF4B.jpeg

Last edited:
how do i post pictures with GIMP. ?

Also, It`s some sort of Wyvern costume, and it has no real name tho. But it shouldnt look like the picture i sent, so make it fit a terratia character as much as possible.
My name suggestion is maybe: Wyvern mascot hat, Wyvern mascot chestpiece, and Wyvern mascot leggins would fit for the different vanity items???...

Make the skin look as much as the real ingame wyvern, please.

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    99.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
--Hello Terraria Developers! :D--

FIrst of all, I would really just love to thank you all for giving this opportunity to us, the community! To be quite honest, from being a kid to now, I have to say there's not much change in the
amount of excitement that Terraria draws from me. Having some small opportunity to maybe get my vanity set in the game brings me back to my childhood, a vivid excitement like waking up on
Christmas morning. I cherish that sentiment, but I know you're short on time, so I thank you one more time, sincerely, and without further ado, here is my idea:

~Forest Lord~ Set:

WendigoTerrariaSkin.png
This set was inspired by my favorite folklore story: The Wendigo, something that terrifies and fascinates me, and I can say completely that I'm not super good at designing so I know it may look
a little plain, and I completely understand if its necessary to make any changes. This skin has a deer's skull head with intensely red eyes and a shaggy mane and horns. The torso comprises or some more shaggy mane, and areas where the skin has left bones bare, but there is also some ivy and greenery. The leggings are bent back a little like deer's legs, with dark hooves showing at the base, and of course some more greenery to show the wildness of the concept.

*Any additions are welcome to any of it (or detractions) to make it more interesting!*

along with this here is my concept art :)

20200321_141325.jpg

Thank you so much again and I just want to express how excited I am for 1.4!!! Thank you all for all the hard work you're putting in!

Beetle Armor Submission.jpeg

This is my submission. It is Beetle Armor, but it isn't going to be made out of Beetle Husks that you obtain from Golem upon his defeat. I would prefer it be made from the same dye husks that are dropped by the Cochineal Beetle, Cyan Beetle, and Lac Beetle. I would also prefer those dye husks are also needing to be combined with Shroomite bars in order to craft this armor, just so it isn't armor you can easily obtain by just going to the jungle for 10 minutes. I spent a total of three hours on this, editing and making the body outline. Re-Logic has full permission to edit anything about it, if it makes it easier to make animations and different positions. Just definitely don't remove the antennae lmao. They can change the colors to make it a bit more defining of the limbs. Just please keep the overall structure. It was really fun designing it! I hope you make more of these contests. :)

terraria thingy.PNG

The character is in a hazmat suit with a respirator in the front. This was done and inspired partly because of the ongoing Covid-19/ SARS-CoV-2 outbreak and the run on face masks. I also like clothing and themes that reflect medicine or biological-hazard-esque designs. Just an idea, not quite sure if the provided drawing correctly displays what I have in mind for this theme but I hope it is close enough to give an idea of the vanity set design.

Bulldrawing1.png
pixil-frame-0 (2).png

I had the idea for a buff character and wanted to mix it with a bull because he is one of my favorite champions in league of legends called Alistar. I tried to recreate it in pixilart like most other people but it was quite difficult with the number of pixels i could work with, you all amaze me with your pixel art, how do you guys do it 😅.

-Head is a bull with horns
-Body is a muscular physique body ("You can't milk those")
-Legs have bull hooves

I call this Alicopter.

A simple, chic vanity set for the people who would define themselves as the 'know it all' of their Terraria group! Most content when they are wearing a set of Leather armor, to stay cool and able to more quickly out of the way of Plantera when they try to study the lighting effects of her bulb, any good lore master isn't complete without one thing; sleep deprivation! Male or female, you will be sporting a scraggly, unkempt beard and a set of very high prescription glasses. In the way of pants, the last time your leather leggings got caught on some Thorny Bushes from the Crimson. . . Well, we can just agree that someone else can go get the 11 gold you dropped. To minimize on this, a few straps on your leggings and chest armor have been implemented. Now if there was just a way to keep all those scrolls from falling out of your bag. . .

Attachments

• Loremaster.png
    Loremaster.png
    440.5 KB · Views: 133
Here, took me a while but I think it was totally worth it.
Sadly I coulnd't use his tail as a pair of "wings" as intended

Ps. I'm not a furry

Attachments

• Jo's Foxys suit.png
    Jo's Foxys suit.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Jo's Foxys Jumping Suit.png
    Jo's Foxys Jumping Suit.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Jo's Lazy Tail.png
    Jo's Lazy Tail.png
    573 bytes · Views: 97
IMG_20200321_215628_864.jpg

So This is set is called the Ninjdroid set it consists of
-Helmet( Cool flowing scarf, Cool glasses, Cool flowing hair(Should overwrite custom player hair and is unaffected by the dye, I`m referring only to the hair color))
-Body( Triangle on chest(Now I think about it that should be almost impossible to sprite), The arms should be bone-like)
-Legs( Shorts, Leg should also be bone-like, cool sneakers)
-Wings{If you will accept}(They should be like the blasts coming out of his hand and legs)
-The jump animation(I put a little illustration at the bottom left of the image)
-The Run animation(Should be Ninja-like with hands at the back)
- Set Bonus(Moving at light speed, teleportation to wherever you click on the map while taking 25HP)
- Acquisition(Post-moonlords Legs😅)
(may the best vanity win)

Last edited:
Twilight Gazer Sheet large.png

the Twilight Gazer
----------
I designed this vanity set to capture the look of the night sky. It's dotted with violet and dark magenta stars, as it gives a sort of otherworldly look. The head is a wispy material flowing backward from the center point, which is a large eye. On the left side is each separate piece of the set, middle is how it would look on a player character and the right is how the items would look in the player's inventory.

This design was created by myself with this contest in mind, so copyright will not be an issue.

You are free to take whatever creative liberties you feel are necessary, as this is obviously not the finalized version of the outfit.

(If a violet/magenta variant of the meteor armor's particle effect could be added, that would be awesome, but I'm not sure how easy that would be to implement. Just a thought, but it's not really necessary.)

Attached is the original 48x48 image in case you need it.​

Attachments

• Twilight Gazer Sheet.png
    Twilight Gazer Sheet.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 95
Here's my submission: the cyber druid outfit!
Cyber Druid.png

It consists of a cybernetically-enhanced eye and bit of skull on the head, the scarf, green shirt, corset, and mechanical arm on the torso, and the skirt, pants, boot, and mechanical leg on the legs. It's meant to combine the science-fiction and fantasy elements of Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom