Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
old school cool.png

the set is call old school cool a crt for the head and a suit.

841032800_preview_Forest 31.png

This Vanity set is composed of a crown like head piece, the torso is a coat with shoulderpads and a shirt beneath with a belt. The legs are normal pants with boots.

If possible, i would like that the hair is shown with the head piece.
I made the sprite to see how it would look as a sprite.

I don't have a name for the set yet.

Here is my submission for the contest. No pixel art or sprites, as I never done such things before. Pure design is what I focused on.

Went for a almighty knight with a spooky (yet cute) visage that is hidden with the exception of his/her yellow glowing eyes. Had an idea that all knights wearing this would get an urge to consume an unhealty amount of plum juice...for no reason really.

Two drawings are present in the picture, one lineart with slight shading and no color and one with the possible colors she/he could have. And showed two different expressions,though you could barely tell by her/his hidden face.
terraria vanity contest.png

Terraria Vanity Contest better.PNG

Hey Re-Logic, I’ve had this game since 1.1 and have over 2000 hours yet I’ve never participated in a big community event before, so I decided why not try it since this is the very last update of one of my favourite games.

This vanity set is quite up to interpretation in how you intend on implementing it. But it is an ant vanity set, you have beetle armour, spider armour and staff, a load of bee stuff and little insect critters yet there aren’t any ants in the game. Me absolutely loving the little buggers (pun intended), decided to make them their own vanity set.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ant head:
"Not actual size."

Ant Thorax:
"Indigestion won't be a problem!"

Ant Pants:
"Not even going to make that joke."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can implement it in many different ways, if for example you already intend on adding ants of some form, then you have skins for Hell, the Jungle/Forest, the Desert and the Crimson and Corruption respectively for whatever biome you want to implement them in. You could also create a system where it is one skin but changes depending on what biome you are in; however, you are lacking a Snow biome skin however I can make one if needs be. You could use all the skins or only one, I seriously don’t mind. The small additions such as cactus bracelets and wooden toga were just to make the skins less bland, you can remove them if you see fit.

For the Glowmasks idea, I recommend the Fire ant having some form of Glowmask and possibly the Ichor and Cursed flames of the Corrupt and Crimson. If this were to be an armour set rather than vanity, which I don’t know if you’re doing, I would prefer it to be summoner class. :)

I put this part at the bottom because it isn’t important for the challenge, if you're in a rush then don’t read this part. The three ants that aren’t Corrupt or Crimson are very loosely based off ants in real life, that’s why there isn’t a snow biome ant, because there are no species of ant that live anywhere particularly snowy or cold. The fire ant is Solenopsis Geminata, the Jungle/Forest ant is Eciton Hamatum (Army Ant) or for the forest Camponotus Pennsylvanicus (Carpenter Ant / Wood Ant), and the desert ant is Cataglyphis Bicolor. I don’t consider myself an expert they just heavily interest me.

Last edited:
I called him Myol. It took me a little time to make this costume , but there were problems with it, and I'm glad to be participating in this competition.
fKk4dexw07Y (1).jpg
2i4jM1ZkkQ0 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1,003 bytes · Views: 130
  • pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    pixil-frame-0 (1).png
    2.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Hello! For any dunces, drolls, or blithering idiots in this wonderful video game, I present the Rex Ignoramus set! For those who say no good can come from the reign of a fool, think again.
Rex Ignoramus.png

(Perhaps the torso piece and ermine cloak will have to be separate. If so, the cloak would be named "Shawl of His Simpleness" and his suit would be named "Garbs of His Gullibleness")

My artistic skills are not good at all, so a used a graph like art since the game is pixels anyway. Here is my Alien vanity costume. For the head piece, it is just the ears that goes on the character, like a hood or tiara. The chest piece would be the mid-section which include the hands. Lastly, the feet that includes the lower mid-section.

1584840237805.png

Attachments

• Baby Alien leg-Left.jpg
    Baby Alien leg-Left.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Baby Alien leg-right.jpg
    Baby Alien leg-right.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom