tModLoader Terraria Randomizer Mod

A new version of randomizer that focuses on a proper experience over chaos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey ad, for some reason I cannot load the mod the. I've disabled all the mod except for yours but still not working. The weird part it, I've already play this mod few weeks ago and now when I tried to play it again, suddenly this error occured. Any idea why?
dead mod.png

Oh, and btw great mod tho. Is hilarious af.

Hey dude, I wonder, can you make a npc dialogue randomizer too?
It will be funny to talk to a npc and it ends up saying random gibberish.

Hey ad, for some reason I cannot load the mod the. I've disabled all the mod except for yours but still not working. The weird part it, I've already play this mod few weeks ago and now when I tried to play it again, suddenly this error occured. Any idea why?

im gettign the same kind of message

Attachments

• rando oops.PNG
    rando oops.PNG
    300.6 KB · Views: 129
meme Ai doesn't work for me for some reason. specifically the chain Ai. i don't know about the other options. any opinions on why?

Does it destroy your world because I really want to try this on my post-moon lord world. But I'm scared it would break everything and crash.... :(?

it should not irreversibly break a world, im pretty sure.
crashing? it might crash the game but it dont think it will hurt the world/world file. the most it should do is just mangle AIs, and nothing more

Finally had a couple of playthroughs with this. It was really fun, though it did make each playthrough quite short due to overpoweredness.
(I only randomized player weapon projectiles + stats, chest loot, shop selection and NPC size)

Originally I thought this mod would simply slightly shift values here and there, that most weapons and armor would behave different or have different stats for each playthrough, but now I recognize that this mod is more about absolute chaos and absurdity. I stopped worrying about a normal balanced playthrough and embraced it as it was - an insane exploitathon, then I really loved it.

@NuovaPrime I'd like to suggest two points to change:
1. When the game is reloaded (exit and enter world via main menu) any previously randomized weapons are reset to their original values. Please make it so that upon world load, re-randomize the weapons' stats / projectiles etc again.

2. The meme option for scaling NPCs between 0.1 - 3.0x size is super great, but I'd love it I could either tweak the min-max values or make the range change to 0.8 - 3.0x size. Characters that go below 1.0 size - especially the 0.1, the tiniest ones - are more annoying than fun. Meanwhile the giant sizes are super cool. Meeting a gigantic bone serpent in hell was a really cool moment thanks to this mod! :D

Last edited:
Finally had a couple of playthroughs with this. It was really fun, though it did make each playthrough quite short due to overpoweredness.
(I only randomized player weapon projectiles + stats, chest loot, shop selection and NPC size)

Originally I thought this mod would simply slightly shift values here and there, that most weapons and armor would behave different or have different stats for each playthrough, but now I recognize that this mod is more about absolute chaos and absurdity. I stopped worrying about a normal balanced playthrough and embraced it as it was - an insane exploitathon, then I really loved it.

@NuovaPrime I'd like to suggest two points to change:
1. When the game is reloaded (exit and enter world via main menu) any previously randomized weapons are reset to their original values. Please make it so that upon world load, re-randomize the weapons' stats / projectiles etc again.

2. The meme option for scaling NPCs between 0.1 - 3.0x size is super great, but I'd love it I could either tweak the min-max values or make the range change to 0.8 - 3.0x size. Characters that go below 1.0 size - especially the 0.1, the tiniest ones - are more annoying than fun. Meanwhile the giant sizes are super cool. Meeting a gigantic bone serpent in hell was a really cool moment thanks to this mod! :D
That is some good feedback, thanks for enjoying my mod!

1. When you restart the game it automatically does that, there is no easy way for me to just restore values cause it would require me to store their previous values before randomizing, which would be very slow.

2. That is a good point, and I'll probably include that in the next patch once I get to it.

No, don't keep the old values!

I figured as much it would be bothersome to store and load values for things, so I specifically requested that all items are re-randomized to whatever new values it gets on world load, overwriting the old ones.

The point is to simply prevent and avoid the items / weapons from becoming neutralized back to their original vanilla values.

Hope that clarifies point #1.

No, don't keep the old values!

I figured as much it would be bothersome to store and load values for things, so I specifically requested that all items are re-randomized to whatever new values it gets on world load, overwriting the old ones.

The point is to simply prevent and avoid the items / weapons from becoming neutralized back to their original vanilla values.

Hope that clarifies point #1.
Ah yeah, I misread that point before now that I look at it. Changing randomization to occur on world load sounds possible and I can look into it.

It's a cool mod but can you please add more settings.. it's waaaaaay too OP, easy, brutal, everything.. randomized chests just contain THOUSANDS of items, randomized shops can just be farmed by opening and closing, randomized enemies is just a screen cluster:red: of random brutal crap, and some of the other stuff seems broken. Please add changeable settings or tone it way down..

Last edited:
It's a cool mod but can you please add more settings.. it's waaaaaay too OP, easy, brutal, everything.. randomized chests just contain THOUSANDS of items, randomized shops can just be farmed by opening and closing, randomized enemies is just a screen cluster:red: of random brutal crap, and some of the other stuff seems broken. Please add changeable settings or tone it way down..
There's not really much I can do to make it balanced, cause terraria just doesn't really support that.

Back
Top Bottom