Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry its not all that amazing and what not but hey, a entry is an entry.

it is a head vanity, it is to fully cover head. eyes can poke through, it is a paper bag, since you know "paper not plasstic bags" and what not. anyway it is its own set, just the single item. thanks. sorry if it is hard to see, i didnt really have much to work with.

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0.png
    pixil-frame-0.png
    818 bytes · Views: 122
OK so basically this is my idea. Make a vanity creator! whether it's a website or if it's in game I feel like this would be a cool new touch to the game. It could possibly be a pixel by pixel creation or maybe you can choose different parts from previous vanities.

Terraria is a game of adventures. None know more of adventure than the Nomad Prince.

Garb of the Nomad Prince 2.png

My inspiration for the Garb of the Nomad Prince was a stylized middle eastern/desertwear and nomadic theme which I feel would be a unique addition to Terraria's vanity arsenal, while also embodying the game's overarching theme of adventure. I really like the capes and other flowing vanity pieces that already exist within Terraria, and tried to incorporate that element as much as I could without it taking over the design. Another key feature of my design is mix-and-matchability. I tried to make each piece of the set appealing on it's own while also being unique and cohesive to the overall design.

For the headwear, I designed something that can only be described as the lovechild of a turban and a fez, with a gem in the middle as a symbol of regality and a splash of colour. The back of the headpiece wraps into a flowing headband. The facewear consists of a red balaclava underneath a gold and blue veil.

The torso consists of a ripped cape (bunched up at the front) atop a one sleeved shirt that flows down and is buttoned at the ribs. The shirt has a gold frame which also extends down the side of the body on one side, connecting to a ring around the navel. The accessories consist of golden armbands with decorative chains and a sash of golden beads over the shoulder connecting to a golden ring at the chest.

The legs slot starts with the cape tied into a sash around the waist, above a golden belt holding up blue pantaloons which are tucked into sandals.

I had a lot of fun designing this vanity set, so thanks to Re-Logic for providing this opportunity for thousands of people to flex their creative muscles and good luck to all submissions!

(I have also attached a mock up of a Terraria style pixel sprite for anyone who wants to see what it could look like in game. But I wanna stress that the Re-Logic sprite artists would do it way better so don't take it into account too much.)

Attachments

• Nomad Prince.png
    Nomad Prince.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Mannequin Costume

This vanity set makes your character look like a Wommanequin or Mannequin. While you stand still, you are indistinguishable from the furniture item. While moving, you have big flat planks on your feet.

Here is my shockingly bad attempt at animating such a thing:
AQix4rI.gif

I believe this is especially apt for 1.4 "Journey's End", given that Mannequins will soon be able to have accessories placed on them. Because when your character wears this set, their accessories are the only things that will show up!

My first idea was a mimic costume. But I couldn't decide which chest (or biome mimic) to make it look like, or how to make it an effective disguise without requesting special game mechanics, which seems to be discouraged by the rules… And then I found that it had already been suggested. Three times. So on the theme of looking (convincingly) like furniture, this is what I came up with!

EDIT: So I scrolled a bit further down in the search results and found that this, too, has already been suggested. But I have a picture! And it's not just the mannequin sprite from the game!! :(

This is my set, Insignia's set (I couldn't think of anything else lol:/)
Insignia's set.png

Key Features:
-Centred around flames - the eyes are flames, there's a head flame, flames are trailing off the arms, heck, the legs are literally flames.
-Biome reactive - I think it would be absolutely lit (pun intended) if the flames mentioned above change depending on the biome you are in. For example, if you step from the Purity into the Corruption, the orange flames would change to the colour of cursed flames. For Crimson, maybe ichor. For the hallow, possibly pinkish-purple? Small biomes like the Granite and Marble caves don't need their own colours, nor do the underground biomes (they'll just stay the colour of their corresponding surface biome). Anyways, if this was implemented it would be really cool!
-Insignia's Hood tooltip: "Visions of flames take over your mind..."
-Insignia's Fiery Scalemail tooltip: "It fills your body with warmth like a fire"
-Insignia's Bewitched Flames tooltip: "Cursed long ago by a powerful being"
Welp. That's it from me. Good luck to everyone else!

Edit: Dropped with a 5% chance from treasure bags, just like the dev items!

Last edited:
Searing Set.gif

(the name isn't final, I'm open to suggestions :D)

Obviously the character would be your own character, not this one...
Maybe the set would let you look at equipped armor in the armor slot or equipment in an equipment slot? (maybe)
And of course the different pieces would be head/chest/legs, but on fire.
The flames would also hopefully stream behind when you walk. (and have a better animation than what i could give it :D)

EDIT 1: Forgot to add this lol but the flames could change to cursed flames when you enter corruption and stuff like that.

EDIT 2: Added the frost and cursed variants. :D
Searing Set 2.gif

Last edited:
Summer is on the horizon! What better way to celebrate it with a snazzy new summer set.

Uncomfortably short shorts, we got em.

But what about strangely extravagant and slightly feminine plastic glasses? Do not fear!

Finally, do you want a shirt which stands as the Lovecraftian amalgamation of business casual and the physical embodiment of summer (with palm trees n' bananas).
WELL HAVE I GOT THE VANITY SET FOR YOU!

New Piskel.png
New Piskel.png

Finally, you can show yourself in full glory on the beach without fear of being made fun of.

The only thing left to fear is fear itself, and looking TOO amazing.

Buy now, while stocks last! (please)
(Hair not included, get your own)

COSMIC GEODE SET
"A meteorite has landed!", Well, what better to do than to wear it?
This vanity set encrusts the player in a layer of stone that will break open to reveal its cosmic power inside!
appearance: The set includes a helmet, torse and leg pieces.
The set could change after defeating certain key bosses. Starting as just rock, then cracking open a little after defeating wall of flesh, and a bit more after defeating all mechanical bosses or so on. The alternative is simply being upgraded with crafting materials or not changing at all and staying in one state.

acquisition: This vanity set could be crafter with Meteorite bars and Fallen stars and possibly Pink Gel(Making it a little rarer)!

The attached picture shows the helmet on its own, and different stages of the armor(Disregard the wings and I created them just as a concept and for fun as they are not allowed in the contest)

pixil-frame-0 (3).png

Here is my dude. As you can see he is this cool bird character who has been on many adventures signified by his worn out clothes. So I don't really have an idea on how he would look ingame, but I think maybe the hat and head could be the top vanity slot, the coat and body - the middle one and the legs on the bottom.
15865049659561735024585819918176.jpg
Bird dude.png
Bird dude.pngHere! I've also made an ingame sprite.
It could be a little blurry though. Sorry!

Last edited:
Heres my submission good look to everyone who entered - Agent Sqeeka-Lot

Attachments

• Terraria Agent Sqeeka-lot.png
    Terraria Agent Sqeeka-lot.png
    770 bytes · Views: 129
My submission: Goose suit/vanity set!

It includes a head, torso, and leg piece, all, of course, styled to look like a goose.

The big goose head sits on top of the player's, leaving the face uncovered. The shirt has feathery tufts for sleeves, which leave part of the arms uncovered. The legs and feet are completely covered with trousers and shorts that mimic geese's legs.

As you may have guessed, the concept was inspired by House House's Untitled Goose Game, however, I'm not sure if it would be considered as a "direct lift/overt reference." If it is too direct of a reference, then by not including the tool-tip I suggested ("classy and mischievous") it will just be a simple goose outfit that is not related to Untitled Goose Game's mischievous goose in any way.

goose vanity set.png

pixel-art and drawing done by me :)

vanity submission.PNG
here is my submission to this contest i probably wont win but in the event i do my idea for obtaining this set is if the clothier is near to an anvil he will go up to it and and for an amount of time he will forge the armour set which will sell for the same price as the dragon and titan sets. i also have the tool tips for all the items.

helmet. "a helm for a valiant and brave knight"

chest plate " forged for a warrior most cheezy"

legs " flex on the moon lord with those funky little legs of yours"

anyway that is my submission to this contest and thank you for taking the time to look at it.

So my idea included a cybernetic vigilante of sorts. One side is chaotic energy, the other being good energy. The head piece when they look to the right would be my red/green part, being the chaotic side. This would have the effect of draining light from the area, sort of like a black hole, sucking in light.
The other side, when they look left, would have them emitting a glow, not powerful enough to be a light source, but a soft glow. I thought this would be a cool idea though, so yeah
Cybernetic .png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom