Other "quick return to home" key

SaltyBeggar

Skeletron
when u click this key, it going to use the recall potion/magic mirror (or it's variants) or PDA.
if you have the recall potion or/and the magic mirror or/and the PDA in your inventory, it is going to use the recall potion (cuz the recall potion is faster)
if there's the magic mirror (or it's variants) and/or pda but no recall potion, it is going to use the magic mirror.
yeah thats it

This idea is great! I'm surprised I've never seen this idea before. I hope something like this gets added to 1.4 :)

This is too strong. The entire way teleportation is balanced is either:
A: You have to set it up beforehand.
B: You are completely vulnerable while you switch to the item and use it.
This is neither of those things.

Well, teleporting with these is not instant (excluding the recall potion, but who's carrying around those in hardmode), so there's that you need to consider.
It’s not the same. Healing is balanced by a cooldown. It’s why the heal is instant as opposed to recalling.

The Healing, being instant, is balanced by a cooldown.
The teleport, taking a few seconds, is balanced by how OP it is.
Yes, but that’s why you can’t have a hotkey for it. The magic mirror takes only 1.33 seconds to activate when optimized, and this is WAY too fast for something that can be done reflexively. There’s a reason you need to actually focus and switch to it to use it.
You guys don’t want this as badly as you think. I’ve used mods that added this before and it is extremely easy to hit the hotkey on accident.

It’s not the same. Healing is balanced by a cooldown. It’s why the heal is instant as opposed to recalling.
Yes, but that’s why you can’t have a hotkey for it. The magic mirror takes only 1.33 seconds to activate when optimized, and this is WAY too fast for something that can be done reflexively. There’s a reason you need to actually focus and switch to it to use it.
You guys don’t want this as badly as you think. I’ve used mods that added this before and it is extremely easy to hit the hotkey on accident.

in what situations would spamming a teleport home help you? With the health potion there is a cool down but only after having used the potion so it is still used instantly. The hotkey doesn't instantly have to use the mirror/recall potion instantly as well. All the hotkey would do would make your character hold the item then use it, if you're quick enough then most people could do that almost just as fast if it's on their hot bar. Keep it the same time it would normally be to use the item and play through the animation. There's also mana potions to consider. You can spam those. Yes, recall potions are pretty instant compared to the mirror but they're not free, they will get completely consumed very quickly if you're not careful. Also, if the hotkey is so easy to press, then just bind it to a different key that is far less likely for you to bump. If you're really that worried about people spamming the key then there could also a debuff similar to the one when using the rod of discord. Tell me again why this would be OP?

in what situations would spamming a teleport home help you? With the health potion there is a cool down but only after having used the potion so it is still used instantly. The hotkey doesn't instantly have to use the mirror/recall potion instantly as well. All the hotkey would do would make your character hold the item then use it, if you're quick enough then most people could do that almost just as fast if it's on their hot bar. Keep it the same time it would normally be to use the item and play through the animation. There's also mana potions to consider. You can spam those. Yes, recall potions are pretty instant compared to the mirror but they're not free, they will get completely consumed very quickly if you're not careful. Also, if the hotkey is so easy to press, then just bind it to a different key that is far less likely for you to bump. If you're really that worried about people spamming the key then there could also a debuff similar to the one when using the rod of discord. Tell me again why this would be OP?
EVERY single time a boss uses an attack you don't like (phantasmal deathray for example) you just dash away from it right after pressing the hotkey. It trivializes them in this way.

EVERY single time a boss uses an attack you don't like (phantasmal deathray for example) you just dash away from it right after pressing the hotkey. It trivializes them in this way.
if people are good at switching between slots then they're gonna use recall/mirror from time to time to evade bosses without a hotkey. I've done it a few times and so have some of my friends. On console it's also very easy to do this already because you can assign the mirror/potions to one of the buttons on the dpad that upon pressing will use the item in the same way a hotkey on pc would. If it's already in console and no one is complaining it's op there then why would it be op on pc when people who are skilled enough can already do the same thing?

if people are good at switching between slots then they're gonna use recall/mirror from time to time to evade bosses without a hotkey. I've done it a few times and so have some of my friends. On console it's also very easy to do this already because you can assign the mirror/potions to one of the buttons on the dpad that upon pressing will use the item in the same way a hotkey on pc would. If it's already in console and no one is complaining it's op there then why would it be op on pc when people who are skilled enough can already do the same thing?
Because you still have to physically move your cursor over to the mirror and halt your damage for a moment. This takes at least 0.5 seconds.

Because you still have to physically move your cursor over to the mirror and halt your damage for a moment. This takes at least 0.5 seconds.
0.5 seconds? If you put it on slot 3 you only have to move your finger 1 cm off of W then click with your mouse, this can easily be done in 0.1 or 0.2. Like i said, people who are skilled enough will be able to do this very quickly

0.5 seconds? If you put it on slot 3 you only have to move your finger 1 cm off of W then click with your mouse, this can easily be done in 0.1 or 0.2. Like i said, people who are skilled enough will be able to do this very quickly
Why would you have your mirror in that place where you could accidentally click it so easily?
I accidentally click it even when it's in the 9th slot, I'm skilled enough to do what you're suggesting, but not skilled enough to keep from accidentally clicking it in a place like that.

Why would you have your mirror in that place where you could accidentally click it so easily?
I accidentally click it even when it's in the 9th slot, I'm skilled enough to do what you're suggesting, but not skilled enough to keep from accidentally clicking it in a place like that.
just because you accidently click buttons, doesnt mean everyone else does

Back
Top Bottom