Terraria State of the Game - March 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing terraria for a very long time I have had it in mobile Xbox 360 Xbox one and pc. I personally am a Xbox player and I play Xbox all the time I loved terraria but there was a very long period around 3 years without updates and that lost my interest but when the new updates came out I immediately got back in beat the game multiple times then stoped playing again till this more recent update beat it multiple times then stopped playing again. After all my time playing it I have wondered why you guys have not added either the mod menu or at least a couple of the big mods from the mod menu. Because I have played the mods on terraria on pc but had no one to play with but they were amazing and add so much amazing more content to the game and terraria would be my favorite and I’m sure a lot of other people’s favorite if there was a mod menu for Xbox. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but it said Xbox so I thought I would put my input.

I believe the main reason that there are no mods on console terraria is because generally pc has higher power than consoles as well as it being more difficult to edit files to get things like tmod loader on console. This is to the extent of my knowledge so correct me if I'm wrong

I have been playing terraria for a very long time I have had it in mobile Xbox 360 Xbox one and pc. I personally am a Xbox player and I play Xbox all the time I loved terraria but there was a very long period around 3 years without updates and that lost my interest but when the new updates came out I immediately got back in beat the game multiple times then stoped playing again till this more recent update beat it multiple times then stopped playing again. After all my time playing it I have wondered why you guys have not added either the mod menu or at least a couple of the big mods from the mod menu. Because I have played the mods on terraria on pc but had no one to play with but they were amazing and add so much amazing more content to the game and terraria would be my favorite and I’m sure a lot of other people’s favorite if there was a mod menu for Xbox. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but it said Xbox so I thought I would put my input.
I believe the main reason that there are no mods on console terraria is because generally pc has higher power than consoles as well as it being more difficult to edit files to get things like tmod loader on console. This is to the extent of my knowledge so correct me if I'm wrong
It's even simpler than that. It's just that both Microsoft and Sony don't allow mods on their consoles.

Pipeworks is doing amazing! They released Switch last year and now its at almost at 1.3.5! About a year ago Console was still at 1.3 and now its at 1.3.5

One day it'll happen. Thankfully no-one has held their breath cause they'd be very dead by now.
Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the day where I see Terraria on my Download list waiting to update.

It's even simpler than that. It's just that both Microsoft and Sony don't allow mods on their consoles.
Console and mobile platforms forbid modding due to the companies that own the platforms. There is no choice but to follow the policies of companies such as Sony, Microsoft and Apple. It is out of anyone's control. Modding is only allowed on PC because Re Logic has full control of the platform on PC and they want to permit it on PC. If the policies of the other console/mobile companies were different it would be one thing and mods on other platforms could be considered. Right now however, we must also uphold the policies that console and mobile manufacturers implement.

Can u please allow terraria mobiles audio be recorded for Android Q/10?
This would be great for terraria mobile youtubers who have android devices

Hello guys! I hope the remote work will not have much impact on the mobile terrarium.
Мне страшно, что творится в мире. Я очень всем желаю не заболеть, и будьте бдительны!

What about android android does allow some mods on some games. They allow mod loaders for minecraft pe, for stardew valley.

Console and mobile platforms forbid modding due to the companies that own the platforms. There is no choice but to follow the policies of companies such as Sony, Microsoft and Apple. It is out of anyone's control. Modding is only allowed on PC because Re Logic has full control of the platform on PC and they want to permit it on PC. If the policies of the other console/mobile companies were different it would be one thing and mods on other platforms could be considered. Right now however, we must also uphold the policies that console and mobile manufacturers implement.

Not necessarily android allows people to create mod loaders for minecraft pe. So what is

What about android android does allow some mods on some games. They allow mod loaders for minecraft pe, for stardew valley.
Not necessarily android allows people to create mod loaders for minecraft pe. So what is
Hi @Vocanon - please don't double or triplepost. If you have something to add, you can use the edit button underneath the original post. I've merged yours this time, but please don't do it again.

In regards to your question, Minecraft has mods as it's made my Microsoft - a huuuuuge company that has enough industry clout to allow for them to bend the rules a little to allow mods etc. As for Stardew Valley, I'm actually surprised this is allowed. As far as I know, it's a pretty big ToS breach and the team behind Stardew Valley would likely get in trouble if they officially endorsed it.

Even so can they not just add a couple mods in as like dlcs or something
This is just not possible - there are all sorts of legal issues here. ReLogic do not own the mod, and did not create it so they cannot publish it as their own expansion. They would have to support it in the future too, which they do not want to as it's not their code so could run into all sorts of unforseen issues.

Can't wait to play Terraria in 2056! But seriously: where is the release date, did I miss something?
Nah Fam, As our bois our working hard for us to have an amazing game to play, we have to remember that this is gonna be a nuclear level blast of an update. Even though prolonged release dates are a pain, I and many of this community are in agreement that Re-Logic takes their time to develop a great game. Sure it has its flaws but thats just how it is. They extend the date so they can finish their work and give us a great game to play. The fact of what has been spoiled in trailers and we are months in this Maybe a year now. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

If there is a brainand desire, no one will be able to forbid making fashions on your favorite toy. Enthusiasts are full, it's a matter of small...

Even so can they not just add a couple mods in as like dlcs or something
I don’t think having to pay for what you can get for free on PC would go down well with the modding community.

If there was a better way around it, that would be awesome, but unfortunately that just has a bunch of its own issues.

Seems everyone's not even mentioned skyrims vast list of mods that are very much available to use, download, whatever on console. Not to mention minecraft has mods that can either be downloaded from their bedrock store on console or from the interwebs. And the many games that you were able to mod using xbox360 to Xbox one save files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom