Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blunty Oni set: (click on image to view clear full resolution)
Blunts.jpg
Blunt: "Is he sad or angry? No, he is Blunty"
Bluntorso.jpg
Bluntorso: "embrace the....hair stuff?"
Bluntowel.jpg
Bluntowel: "the pent up emotions of luxurious cloth"
The Blunty Oni.jpg
Blunty!!

The Nautical Set

Inspired by those early attempts to explore the ocean deep. The goggles? area could also be transparent for optimal viewing pleasure of the player's face. For whatever reason.
Perhaps evidence of the diver's activity in the ocean with water particles, or plant life stuck to the diving suit? Or water bubbles as the player moves around with the full set.
Nautical_Set.png

Made from the texture from the terraria wiki, I personally like the item "djinn's curse" and I wish to make a vanity item like this.
I would like to attach some flame particles around this vanity set.
截屏2020-04-0323-1.47.06.png
截屏2020-04-0502.38.37.jpeg
截屏2020-04-0502.38.55 3.jpeg
截屏2020-04-0502.38.55 4.jpeg
截屏2020-04-0502.38.55 5.jpeg
截屏2020-04-0502.38.55 6.jpeg
截屏2020-04-0502.38.55.jpeg

Haven't thought about headgear now, pictures with torso only and leg only are attached, and a poor animation about the flame.

Attachments

• 截屏2020-04-0421.28.58.jpeg
    截屏2020-04-0421.28.58.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
this is my entry , the fairy set based on the pixie and the moth
fairy_set.png

for the head we got the long hair and the butterfly headpiece
for the torso a fairy cape that has the wings of the moth + shining pixie orb
and finally for the pants we have white pants and green boots with again a luminous orb

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
I'm a second-year medical student, so I figured I would make a doctor costume!

The head slot contains a stereotypical head mirror

The torso slot contains a white coat (complete with a free stethoscope and pens!)

And nothing for the leg slot, since doctors' pants are usually unremarkable.

Since there is already "The Doctor's Set" this could be "The Physician's Set" or (if you want to bolster my hubris) "The Dr. Blake Set".
View attachment 237812View attachment 237813

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!
This is the Glitch armor set which took along time for me to make and personally don't care if I lose because I love seeing all these other designs. This was an amazing event to post and I hope this happens a bit more

Attachments

• 2020-04-02_18.30.57.png
    2020-04-02_18.30.57.png
    3 KB · Views: 106
"The army plastic" set. Made to resemble one of these green plastic soldiers.

Sold by the Arms Dealer during the Frost Legion event for 10 gold for a piece of the set.

Descriptions:

Helmet: "They just don't make them now like they used to."

Suit: I have no ideas for a suit description.

Trousers: "More pockets than a backpack!"

When standing still and not doing anything he has his shotgun up. Once you start moving he tilts the shotgun down.

The whole character will turn green when every piece of the set is equipped.

The Army Plastic.png
"

Goes good with frostbrand or the ice sickle(would likely have the same color pallete). When you're in the ice biome, the flame gets larger and more sparks are emitted. The flame would glow but not provide light.
IMG_20200403_103816.jpg

Her it took me a while to Think of what to draw and i thought something simple and here is PJ MAN

p.s sorry for my cats butt in the way

Attachments

• 15859323394985542987008505246146.jpg
    15859323394985542987008505246146.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
Subbmision.png

My idea is for a diadem (think skinny crown), that goes over a player hair and head. It has a gemstone in the front of it that phases into each in-game gemstone (ruby, sapphire etc) over time. The gemstone also has a slight glow to it, based on the current type of gem.

Spinner
ability: Turns into a spining crystal that deals contact damage (full set)
Fires small projectiles around itself (full set)
Advantages:
Drastic increase in movement speed (leggings)
Damage reduction (chest plate)
Disadvantages:
(spinner mode) no use of items: blocks, pickax, axes, swords, bows.

story;

fallen from the stars, a new being had appear, Feria, a goddess that was spinning the whole galaxies had come to world of terraria, wounded by the wrath of Cthulhu. She landed under a tree, found by driad, she returned to her strengths, but not fully recovered. After spending time with ancient beings, she left their world promising to return some day, but her eyes would see not but one left. In her cries she left YOU the adventure her old blood from the thousands of years and tears of lament after her long gone friends to get revenge on those that had robbed her of her love and to protect what is beautiful in this rich world, to fight corruption, crimson and hollow until one of these four forces will be victorious.

IMG_20200403_190011_0.jpg

writing:
unrik76 (Michael.T.S)03 April 2020

This is my submission. it took me a while to make a final decision because I made many different vanity sets but I feel like this one is the best. Its okay if this doesn't make it in the game as long as someone reads this and appreciates my art.

Have a nice day,
BushyPenguin

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-03-22 080235.png
    Annotation 2020-03-22 080235.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 110
Okay, so here he is....

1585935177268.png

So the head, body, legs include a "glass" body piece each,
and the idea is that the inside of the glass frame is see-through..
I know very wow.
Anyways basically as long as there is a background behind him, it would be distorted slightly
and show the back through the missing parts of the body, hence his glass body,
hoping it looks great though if it does get picked.

The name I managed to come up with is The In-vis-ee Glass / InvisiGlass man

Best of luck to the other participants as well.

Last edited:
Before you ask NO its not the raven skin from fortnite

Attachments

• 225c8b017ce6659 (2).png
    225c8b017ce6659 (2).png
    2.2 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom