Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well give this contest a shot! This vanity is sort of a hooded guy with a red skull (not the Marvel character) that has a blue flame shown in his eyes and mouth. The head is meant to be a skull. His cape would not be an accessory, it would be part of his chest plate and pants, similar to how Jim's set is.
notanimatedterrariasprite1.png

I thought maybe the blue flame could be animated on his eyes and on his hands.
terrariaspriteanimated-1.gif
On the chance that this does end up winning, because of all the new wind stuff being added, I thought it would be cool if the blue flames at least on the hands would go in the direction of the wind, as if the wind were pushing it. Maybe the cape had some sort of wind animation as well. I hope everyone that participates the best of luck. Here's a gg for whoever does end up winning!

Hey guys, I made a vanity set that I'll call "Melting Point" (for lack of a better name.) As you can see, it is a mixture of fire and ice! The left side is made of icy shards, while the right side is made of fire and magma, and there is a mysterious charm in the middle... I know there are not many vanity sets that have animations but I personally thought it would be cool for this set to have either some sort of aura (which I tried to include myself,) or particle effects that correspond with each side!

To give a little bit of reference for the image: The set on the left has the aura I attempted to make, while the one on the right does not (I didn't know which looked better.) The reason I chose the background to be bright green, is because white and black backgrounds conflicted with the appearance of the set itself...

Hope you like it!

MELTINGPOINT3.PNG

NOTE: I made the art, but this was partially brainstormed with another friend, so if it is chosen, I would like him to be recognized as well. His name is @ASK1Nothsa890

Last edited:
Here is my submission!

I had the idea of an ancient suit of armor to be worn and used by an honored guard but was eventually scrapped by the Lihzarhd and they instead created Golem. Still powered by the 3 power cells in its core and wristbands, it has been long since it has seen life outside of the hot and damp jungle temple until it is found by the player and taken out for a spin against the corruption, until the player realizes that the armors once dormant abilities are long lost and it is more for casual wear, the moss does have a nice feeling when worn. The beautiful bronze of the lihzarhd is now covered in sediment, making the armor look like its more made of stone.

Terraria image 2.png

My design is very simple, a zombie. (I apologise for the poor image, I only created that for reference and to test ideas) During the day while wearing this vanity set nothing changes to your character, although when it becomes night you turn into a zombie. The key difference between this set and a regular zombie would be the fact that it has an exposed brain which would (ideally) throb every few seconds. Another difference is that this set leaves a trail of blood when it walks which the player would be able to turn on and off through the blood and gore setting. To accommodate this idea I thought of replacing the normal hurt sound with a type of zombie sound. This could be as simple as a growl, just something small to make the set a little bit more exciting. To obtain this vanity set I originally thought that it would be dropped from zombies but since that is too boring I tried to come up with other ways to get it and that led me to the new bestiary. As a reward for finding a certain amount of something I thought that this set would make you want to finish the bestiary even more. The separate pieces for this wouldn't be anything special and the brain would still throb and the blood trail would still be there even if you weren't wearing the full suit.
My final idea for now is that the zombie changes for events. An example of this is the blood moon. Instead of turning into a normal zombie during the the blood moon you will turn into blood zombie. This could also change the hurt sounds into something else.

Rejected ideas:
My first idea when I decided to make this set was friendly zombies. I felt that this was too abusable so I turned to a small chance of making naturally spawned zombies (no statues) into friendly zombies although I ended up scrapping this idea entirely because it seemed like too much for a vanity set.
Another idea which I didn't end up using was that the zombie would change throughout different biomes. I thought that this was a good idea until I remembered that there aren't many specific zombies for biomes, from memory just the spore zombie, Eskimo zombie, and raincoat zombie which is why I scrapped this idea.

Attachments

• tmkr.io itOaaabYqRK.png
    tmkr.io itOaaabYqRK.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 103
Hi everyone! This contest is such a fun idea, and there's *so many* great ideas out here already, with over a week still left to go!! Nice work, everybody!!

My idea is a bird-themed armor or vanity set, tentatively named "Avian Armor". Here's the concept art, and a version of a sprite that I made:

Sprite_Display.png
Terraria_Bird_Concept_compressed.png

The bottom half of the character's face would show through the bottom of the headpiece; to represent that, I left the bottom of the mannequin face visible.

The headpiece is the most important part and could even stand alone as a single vanity item rather than a full armor set.

The rest of the outfit is styled to match the headpiece, with feather accents and other design elements inspired by birds, including pointed boots.​

I think this set has a unique flavor compared to the existing armor sets in Terraria. Plus, I love birds! Playing the game leaves me feeling a great sense of freedom, and what better symbol to represent that feeling than birds, the freest animals alive?

This armor set stands alone, the way it is. However, an interesting idea I had for expanding it is to add unique interactions when certain dyes are applied. This isn't a call to add new dyes, or multiple items in-game; rather, applying a dye to the headpiece, for instance, would change the shape of the headpiece as well as the color scheme. This way, the suit could actually adapt to represent any number of different birds! This could be an easter egg with a single special dye, or it could be that the suit changes with almost every dye applied. It's up to you! To show what I mean, here's a bunch of headpiece variants (with the mannequin heads included), based off of different birds, and suggestions of existing dyes that could be used to achieve that effect.

Bird Palatte.png

Like I said, this idea is sort of a bonus, and may be far greater than the scope intended for the contest. I'm no programmer, and have no idea how hard it would be to implement. But it would be fun!​

Good luck y'all! Thanks for reading! Onwards and upwards to the Journey's End at last!

~Ranger Tyto​

Name: Herald Armor / Moon Lord Herald Armor / Cthulu Herald Armor

Lore: Each herald is picked by Cthulu himself, the most devout of his cultists are chosen to serve another purpose, to seek worlds for him to rain doom upon; The world needs to be populated with sentient life, he feeds on the fear of the residents and tries to find new cultists to help him grow his power stronger; As he was defeated by the Dryads, but not killed, his heralds became weaker too, losing the cosmic power they had and falling into the world of Terraria, leaving their armors scattered on it for a long time

How to obtain ideas (One Set) : Found in a chest randomly spawned in the map (More than 1 per map) / Merchant Selling after hardmode or Moon Lord is defeated / Found in the treasure bag of Moon Lord / Found in Hardmode Treasure Bags (like developers armor).

Ingame armor:
Herald Armor Ingame.png

Icons in Inventory :
Herald Helmet.png
Herald Chestplate.png
Herald Greaves.png

Description of the items: You feel a weak cosmic power emanating from it, it seems that it was more powerful before

One Art i made depicting the herald choosing Terraria planet (I scaled up to be easier to see details but made the pixel art in a smaller resolution) :
Herald Terraria Armor Art.png

I'm only an amateur (As you can tell by the art) but i think would be awesome to have something i did by myself on the game that i love the most, been a fan ever since, bought it in nearly every platform love playing to this day, if you devs see this im honored, and probably it would be the best day of my life if you chose me, hope that the best wins good luck for everyone and have fun :D

DzP5dmxXgAEA0yk.png

How about joker from persona 5 Please dont use mine improve it which i think since i dont win i wont win and i bet the time is already up what evs i am going to sleep

This armor set is based off of Nyarlathotep, (Which I believe isn't copyrighted) who is a Lovecraftian monster similar to other entities and themes that are semi- cosmic horror, (Eye of Cthulhu, Moonlord, etc). The picture on the right is what the vanity set is based off of, which you can find a resemblance in the headwear and pants. I tried to make it have three legs, but two would be fine as well. I don't know how this set would be obtained, or any possible set bonus it could give, but I believe it has a lot of potential! This set needs major improvement in its design, mainly because I do not have any previous experience with pixel design, or any design work in general. In fact, I registered an account purely for this contest.

Best of luck to the rest of the competitors!
Capture.PNG
maxresdefault.jpg

1585960484146.png

This is a design that a good friend of mine drew up for me. (He also drew my profile)
I really like his work and skill, so I wanted to enter it into the competition.
The design is of a character my friends and I came up with back in high school, named AN WIZZARRD (yes, the same as my username, and yes, all caps).

The headpiece would be the hood, with the gold feather pendant, and hair partially showing if possible. (It doesn't have to be the hair in the picture, it can be the player's hair)

The torso would be from the brown feathers, down to the bottom of the blue wraps. (gold feather pin included if possible)

The legs would be everything beneath the blue wraps. (If the pants could be partially visible in the sprite, that would be preferable)

Item names:
Head - AW's hood
Torso - AW's feathery cloak
Legs - AW's "boots"

Here is mine
the name is:
Da robbery clothing
New Piskel-1.png (1).png
New Piskel-2.png (1).png
New Piskel-3.png (1).png

Attachments

• New Piskel-1.png.png
    New Piskel-1.png.png
    300 bytes · Views: 146
  • 1585962175247.png
    1585962175247.png
    298 bytes · Views: 103
PixelArt.png

Not exactly as I would've liked it, but it's the best I'm capable of doing. It's a single headpiece called 'Burning Eternal' it would have a 2% chance to drop from lava slimes or other fire enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom