Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
highly artistic rendering - do not steal.png

Behold my artistic prowess.

Just made these, i had to make an account lol. Good luck to everyone!
I made these in paint, so one of the photos is escalated, and the other is very tiny, because these are made pixel by pixel.
Sorry with the names, I'm not that creative.

Attachments

• Terraria Vanity Contest Escalated.png
    Terraria Vanity Contest Escalated.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,428
  • Terraria Vanity Contest Pixel Art.png
    Terraria Vanity Contest Pixel Art.png
    2 KB · Views: 811

Terra Unitum(5).png

~ Terra Unitum ~
(Earth United)

"A reminder that nature will provide"
/
"The best of both worlds"

Vanity Set Submission

VineDecor.png

Terra Unitum.png

Terra UnitumSet.png

Terra Unitum Crown / Terra Unitum Robes / Terra Unitum Trousers

VineDecor.png

Head Piece:
A simple crown made of Terraria's Thorned Bushes.
Reduces eye size to a closed slit, it also emits a faint glow in the dark.
Being bald is not a part of the piece...
Just thought I'd make him bald to exemplify the crown, the player's hair will go under the crown, it will still be visible with long hair.

Examples With Hair:

Terra UnitumHair(2).png

Notice how the crown still overlaps the hair.

VineDecor.png

Torso:
A robe with a hood on the back. Has a belt and over-sized sleeves that sway when walking, the robe
breaks down the middle in a V-shape exposing the shoes.
When falling, the hood on the back gets thrown up a noticeable amount and the robe exposes the pants
slightly more.

VineDecor.png

Pants:
Simple white cotton trousers with brown boots, covered by the robe piece.

VineDecor.png

Ambitious Features:
AKA Probably impossible features
When moving towards the right, the "Pure" side is shown, the "Corrupted" side peeking out from behind.
When moving towards the left, the "Corrupted" side is shown, the "Pure" side peeking out from behind.

When the full set is equipped, the player is enveloped with an opaque and faint glow (is it possible to outline the character in light?).

The player also leaves a green particle trail while walking to the right and a purple particle trail while walking towards the left.
(the particle would be the same bubble particles from the Shadow/Crimson armor except following the above colors)

Animation of the set when idle?
(wasn't able to animate opaque colors so it's a solid aura)

Terra Unitum Animation.gif

VineDecor.png

The Dryads were wrong...
(lore for my submission)
What did you know? Flung into a world where survival was an instinct, shared by every other living creature on the face of Terraria. From the moment the Eye was slaughtered by your hands, you couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of guilt... "It felt I was invading its territory...it saw me as a threat," you thought to yourself. You knew what you had done was only in self-defense, and so you brushed it off.
Then she came -- the apparently last surviving member of a clan of Dryads, with the horrible screams of the Eye being shushed, she crept out of hiding finding a chance to survive. And from there you were fed the objective "Cleanse the World of Corruption and save Terraria.". It all felt so surreal, with every life you ended you didn't feel any closer to saving Terraria, quite the contrary, you felt empty inside. With each enemy felled by your blade, the so-called "corruption" in them seemed to plague your mind with blood-lust and the need to survive -- at any cost.
As per the Dryad's request, you ventured deep into the caverns of Terraria, she had said the greatest of all the evils in the world lie in its underbelly. Shuffling in your pocket, you pull out a doll that the Dryad had given you, feeling a dark energy from within it as if some forbidden force was stored away in its woven exterior. With blank eyes, you throw the doll into a pool of lava, feel a sting in your heart as if you'd done something terrible, and within moments a giant wall of agonized flesh rose from the molten depths.
It was in self-defense...
You slash through the screaming flesh.
You twist your blade inside of it.
You pant heavily as it lay down in front of you, a heaping mass of organic matter.
And then the earth let out a roar.
Your footing became unsteady as the earth groaned and quaked, blue-tinted spirits arose from the depths of hell and vanished through the ashen ceiling above. The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released. You look into the mirror you carried in your pack and give yourself a long stare, the background through the glass changes and you are sitting in your room. The Dryad immediately barges through your door and congratulates you on a job well done. You still had a sinking feeling in your stomach.
That night, while the Dryad was still asleep, you crept into her room and went into a backroom that held her personal belongings. She had always been extremely adamant as to not let anyone into the backroom, not even you who had built the room for her. You fumble through a canvas bag placed neatly in a corner and pull out the first thing that catches your eye, a yellowed scroll that seems to enlighten you about the world around you. One section specifically catches your eye, it read:

"In the beginning, the Gods established a balance to guarantee fairness for all living creatures.
This balance was to be of paramount importance, with no cost too great in seeking its fufillment.
Eons have passed since the Gods first began testing the complexities of life in their fairness experiment.
In this process, countless living worlds were created and now exist within the Terraria universe.
Each world of Terraria is a sentient being that knows all that goes on and can feel the thoughts of all
living creatures, with their sole purpose being to ensure that the desired balance is maintained - often violently so.
The worlds utilize many defense mechanisms to ensure the balance is upheld at all costs - some of them are known as
the Hallow, Corruption and Crimson."

And it was then your eyes were opened. The Dryad was a threat that existed to push the scales in her favor, she sought not to keep balance, but destroy it until only "Purity" remained. She was using you for her own agenda. Suddenly, an earthen force was drawn up once more from below, an energy filled your mind and said:

"If this is how you truly feel, restore balance to the world -- embrace both of what is considered
"good" and "bad" in this world and become Terra Unitum."

VineDecor.png

Thank you for reading!

In the event having a two-faced skin is not possible, I'd like to just use the right-facing side:
Terra UnitumHair.png

Like dis.

"Gamer" vanity. The red on the headphones should glow dimly in the dark.

Here it is.

Btw I don't think you people can tell but it's supposed to be Pewdiepie, because of his recent terraria content.
edit: added darkness version

Attachments

• New Piskel-1.png (1).png
    New Piskel-1.png (1).png
    4.5 KB · Views: 301
  • New Piskel (3).gif
    New Piskel (3).gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 402
I would love to see my SadSpaceMan as a vanity set, without the backpack of course, against the rules, however you can clearly see his design from his helmet to his pants, full set. Id love to see this in the game, it'd make my day! (Art inspired from another source, ive gotten permission from the original sources owner
Mike Winkelmann
so were a-okay!)

Attachments

• SadSpaceMan.png
    SadSpaceMan.png
    208.6 KB · Views: 486
So here is my submission cus like im bored and this is clearly the max effort i can get away with right now so here is the closest thing to my submission until i either forget about it or do more!

Hope you enjoy my "Weaver" Costume, if ive screwed this up ill remake it and repost it.

Attachments

• terrrarria armor vanitything.jpg
    terrrarria armor vanitything.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 327
flaming bandana.png

I call it the Flaming bandanna its a vanity/support item it can be crafted with:
2 silk
1 living flame dye or
(1 living fire block (any type)) extra colors
(the color changes based on the block you use)
(living fire block= normal (the image)) (lets player walk on burning bricks)
(living cursed fire block=(green fire)) (Mana increased by 20)
(living demon fire block=(purple fire)) (increases damage by 20)
(living frost fire block=(blue fire)) (gives resistance to cold)
(living Ichor block=(golden flames)) (decreases hostile mob spawn rate)
(living ultrabright fire block=(light blue fire)) (this is like the light pet it gives off a small amount of light, only if equipped in one of the accessory slots)
(all above have green rarity) (gives them all possable accessory effects to get from the tinker)
( combine all of them for the ualtimate bandanna (gives player all bandannas used to craft this their, stats)
(ualtimate bandanna has lime rarity)
(the flaming bandanna can be dropped by enimies in the caverns in corruption, crimesion, or hollowed areas/biomes)
is compattable with other dyes when crafted like all other accesorys and vanity items.
I hope you can add this even if its just the flaming bandanna it would make a cool vanity item.

Here is my idea for a vanity set : a demonic one.
The idea is to have a mimic of the demon enemy head but with a more red color, a torso looking like the shadow armor but with purple and red colors along with wings (only for decoration) and legs looking like the demon enemy once again but with a tail as well.
I did my best to give it a proper look using terraria images.
Thanks for reading :)

Attachments

• demon.gif
    demon.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 361
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom