Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought it would be nice to have a more casual look in the game. While I do think that the available armor and vanity sets are cool looking, I think it would be fun to be able to look like you're just chilling in normal clothes, while still wearing armor underneath. So in this set I included A sweatshirt, jeans, and headphones, of which the design I was not completely sure on so I would not mind if they were modified, or even changed to just earbuds or something. :)
terrariaSkinFinal.png

demon costume (close look) екфтызфкуте.png
The demons take a long time into the past of terraria. They were introduced at dekstop 1.0.5 version and took many redesines since. But there was any demon costumes so i decided to take a part in contest and tried to draw new Demonic (maybe its for cultists of wall of flash XD) costume. This vanity can be earned from many hellish creatures (drops chance from hell bats should be decreased [cause bats and slimes are most usual enemies in hell, also they are not demons]) Costume contains mask, body and pants. All purple parts can be recolored (i especially like green and red variant)
Hope you will like it <3
demon costume.png

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200409-155704_ibisPaint X.jpg
it is found in goodie bags. I call it the twig set. I made it after one of my oc. I love your game and everything about it since i was 5. I hope you look it. Stay safe, wash hands.👍🏻Screenshot_20200409-155704_ibisPaint X.jpg

Love ya.

Crusader Vanity.png

Since the days of old there has always been conflict. Humans have, throughout history, waged a great many wars against each other. It was under one of these wars that the crusaders set forth their might in battle. These four crusaders were forged from the extremes of the corners of the Earth, their colors representing their bond to the unyielding divine. A crusader is seen as a beacon of hope, one who will stand up for those who can not. A crusader is a shield for those who can not stand alone, a tool for the divine to purify the evil with holy justice. Only in true chaos can one find tranquility, and only when all seems lost, will the crusaders arrive again to stand against the moon...

Hello Terraria forums! This is my submission for the Journey's End Vanity Contest, the [CRUSADER VANITY].

Using the power of divine dictation, I have designed some of the most righteous and holy equipment your GTX 1080ti will be able to handle. With this vanity you will be able to harness the power of the crusader to strike fear into the soulless heart of horror itself. Your feet will move faster than hermes boots, and your attacks will slice through undead and cosmic horrors like a hot knife through butter.

[DISCLAIMER: DOES NOT ACTUALLY GIVE YOU ANY SORT OF ENHANCED ABILITY OR BUFFS]

The vanity features:

- An articulate yet almost rectangular helmet design, allowing full protection of the crown, sides and jaw while still letting you to stare down on death through a cross shaped visor lined in the color of your choice.

- Solid steel and mail chestplate designed specifically to draw attention to the divine insignia adorned upon your chest.

- Arm protection consisting of a rebrace, couter, vambrace and gauntlet perfect for crushing the skulls of any and all who oppose you, with your shoulders, elbows and hands accented in the color of your choice.

- Plate mail leggings and greaves, granting you ability to move freely and uninterrupted whilst taking your blinding rage out on the nearby goblin settlements.

- Custom plated boots with optional orthotics to ensure that no matter what you are up against, pain and discomfort in your stride is the last thing on your mind.

The reality is anyone can kill the moon lord, but only you will be able to do it in a quality set of cast-in steel iron armor with beautiful highlights of gold, painting the scene in a shower of light rays while the blade of your sword plunges into the depths of the monster's core soaking you in the blood of victory.

Actual Description:

This was my first time doing any kind of pixel art, so after a couple days of work and figuring things out in different programs, it honestly turned out really cool. Understandably it wasn't sprited in full terraria fashion, which is why I give full permission to modify this set in order to fit into the game (assuming it even gets chosen but I guess this is common sense anyway). I got my inspiration for this vanity from a couple of games including terraria but I tried to make sure it didn't closely resemble any previous work as to not infringe on the contest guidelines. I don't expect all four designs to make it into the game since there is only one vanity set per person, so if my work is chosen for the contest I think the best looking design would be the yellow crusader (yellow being light and holy and stuff). The helmet and greaves are pretty straightforward but the way I see the chestplate coming together is the flag at the back would be an extension of that vanity piece; if you wear the chestplate you get the flag, since I know the crusaders would sometimes attach a flag with St. Georges Cross to themselves.

If you read this whole thing, thank you and I hope you enjoyed that flavor text at the beginning, I thought it would be interesting to try and add a bit like that. Probably the most use my high school English class knowledge has given me. If you would like to see this kind of vanity in the game, don't be shy and leave a like :happy:

Anyways, peace✌

Terraria entry.png

Hey there, Developers!
My name is Zephyr, I am 14 years old, and before I begin my introduction of the Icarus set, I would like to clarify that yes, my parents are fully on board with this entry and fully willing to sign the contract involved upon the terms of my win.

The premise of this set involves the blessing of Icarus, thus the melted wax and candle within the cracks of the armor.
NOTE: The actual appearance of this armor set does not have to be NEARLY this detailed! All I want is for the basic idea of this set to be reflected.
The pieces are separated as such:
Icarus's Skull: The entire dragon skull.
NOTE: The skull CAN be closed if you cannot fully put an open skull over the head of the character and have it look reasonable, but under that circumstance, I would like the eye sockets to glow yellow as if the player's now yellow eyes still exist underneath, instead of being completely black.
Icarus's torso: A mantle with a thick fur hood beneath and a gem that, if not yellow, will change color based on the biome the player is residing in. Gloves with claws on the end and a fur lining along the forearms, and a fur cloak covering half of the back, acting somewhat like a scarf, but not really. This can also be the fur that covers the mantle coming down onto the back, whatever's easier.
Icarus's Greaves: Two belts binding the greaves to the torso, the active wax weaving around the boots. A thick skirt-like piece would cover the back, this can ALSO be attached to the fur cloak that comes from the mantle to make one massive cape/cloak.

You are free to adjust this however you might please, this is merely a template idea, and I would appreciate at least the main concept to be reflected to the design.
Thank you so much! I look forward to seeing how the rest of this competition plays out, and good luck to the rest of my competition! If I do not win, I will look forward to at least being able to brag that I was part of it.
Thank you, developers, for the game that changed my life.
Love you all!
Zephyr

This is my Arcane Lord vanity set. Now looking at it, the armor sets are two pixels below their intended height. The base of the hood should have been aligned with the template's jaw. I have special notes for each piece.
Head- Inspired by the Spectre Hood. The eyes have a glowmask effect.
Body- Has shoulder pads that are bulky on males, but thinner on females. Features a glowing gem in the center (another glowmask) The arms are meant to be animated, and if possible, translucent. It's supposed to be energy attaching the hands to the shoulder pads.
Feet: Similar to Djinn's Curse, but with blue energy and a spiked base. I imagine something like the etherian gem holder for the spiked details. This also uses a glowmask in the tail.
General: Energy colors (arms, tail, gem, eyes) are meant to use the mana crystal colors. The arms and legs are slightly translucent. They should both be animated similar to Djinn's curse. The armor should resemble the colors of the Lunatic Cultist.
Arcane_Lord_Test.png

I have a simple request, but it's something I believe should've been added long ago.

Elf Ears
Elf Ears.png

A vanity item equipped to one's head that gives the player pointy ears, similar to those of elves, orcs, and other mythical beings.
The ear matches the player's skin tone and, in most cases, is placed over the player's hair.
Here are four examples of random character heads wearing the Elf Ears.

Elf Ears Ex 1.png
Elf Ears Ex 2.png
Elf Ears Ex 3A.png
Elf Ears Ex 4A.png

(Note: For examples 3 and 4, adaptions were made to fit their hairstyles. These were what 3 and 4 looked like without those adaptions.
Elf Ears Ex 3.png
Elf Ears Ex 4.png
)

Terraria Vanity contest.png

Hey there, Developers!
My name is David, I am 13 years old (about to be 14) this is my vanity set called the "Terrarian Set" this set is just the biomes corruption, crimson, hallow, overworked, and underworld into a vanity set. Like when its raining the head can change to its raining form and when there a solar eclipse it changes to it solar eclipse form or the head can change randomly and not based on the events happening in terraria. Maybe an animation inside the head?

The helmet is supposed to be the overworld going through various weather cycles, the head slowly transition into every type of different weather based on in game weather. (or not) I just wanted the head to slowly changed into each different from every so often.

The shirt/chestplate is supposed to be the hallow, corruption, and crimson. The hallow is in the middle, it is the rainbow tree because i didn't have any other idea for a hallow them. The corruption is just some corruption colors and the same goes for the crimson. The corruption and crimson weeds (on the left ) go onto the sides of the shirt/chesplate.

The greeves are supposed to represent the underworld. The bottom of the boots is supposed to be lava and the top of the boots is like when you go to the underworld and it has the red strains on the wall almost entering the underworld. Maybe an animation of the lava flowing?

You can freely change the idea as you want and this is just a template of it.
Well I don't have nothing more to say and best of luck to everyone.

My parents said they are willing to sign the contract from winning the contest.

Hello everyone.
This is the Night Prowler Set, my design for the Vanity contest.
Hope u like it.

NightProwler(R).jpg

Capture 2020-04-09 14_47_46.png
Capture 2020-04-09 14_25_00.png

Male:

NightProwlerTopHatM.png

NightProwlerCloakM.png

NightProwlerPants.png

Female:
NightProwlerTopHat.png

NightProwlerCloak.png

NightProwlerSkirt.png

I draw the glow effect over the capture, my moding knowledges are still not enough to include it on the game. I tried hard, but it keeps throwing an error :/.

Lore:
One autum windy night, a wandering cult of strange sorcerers arrived to our world seeking for a great power source. The legend goes that this strange cult, with their arrival, opened a gate between our world and a dark plane.
One day they disappeared the same way they came; nobody knows what kind of power were they seeking for or what happened to them, but the same question keeps echoing through the years: What other kind of beings live across of that opened door?...

Good luck for every one!

Last edited:
I'd like to suggest the "Red Superfan" set. Red's face as a mask, white t-shirt with his favorite yoyo, and his favorite color pants. Only true fans of Red are legally allowed to wear this set.

Attachments

• red_superfan.png
    red_superfan.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 99
I have almost no experience with pixelart, but I have even less experience drawing something, and since I really wanted to enter the contest I tried to make something in the same style of the game. I made this kind-of arcane warrior, inspired in some of the in-game armors and in several other armors I found through the web.
I wanted my armor to have more skeleton details at the beginning but I was more inclined to use masks, and since I didn't have much space to make a mask with many details using the character of the game, I decided to use a hood instead. The breastplate was more or less as much difficult as the hood, because I had little space to make it, if you compare it with the in-game armors you will find that the one I made is actually bigger than the rest. After making it, I found it a little bit plain, so i added the details of the jewels. In the leggins I wanted to add a banner that matched with the hood, because if I used 'fabric' only in the hood it would have seem kinda off.
Thanks!
presentacion.png

Easter was coming, so i decided to draw a Rabbit costume, but i knew about the contest, so i decided to create a Rabbit costume with the theme of Terraria. This idea was inspired by the evil biomes, in result, i draw my idea.

NAME:
Rabbit Corrupson.

ABOUT: It's a Rabbit costume in separate parts mixed with Corruption & Crimson visuals.

HEAD: It's a mask.

TORSO: It's has a Shadow Orb & Crimson Heart mixed (as a detail, no light).

LEG: It's has a tail (but it's so tiny that can't been seen)

I draw the Rabbit costume in Vector & Pixel Art for better look and I draw in Terraria Pixel Art (Not because the Vanity should be like this, but because i think it would be).

View attachment TerrariaRabbitFinal.png

Idea for craft:

TO HAVE THE THREE PARTS OF THE COSTUME:

HEAD: Bunny Hood, Silk, Rotten Chunk & Vertebrae.

TORSO: Silk, Rotten Chunk, Vertebrae, Crimson Heart & Shadow Orb.

LEG: Silk, Rotten Chunk & Vertebrae.

Quantity? You decide.

The Crazed Crusader Set
Helmet: Great-helm Of The Crusader
Tooltip: A Painted Helm, Looks like it's seen better days
Chestpiece: Tabard of The Crusader
Tooltip: Take up the mantle of the crazed crusader, it's in your DNA
Leggings: Boot's of The Crusader
Tooltip: They seem worn out.
7764 (4).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.