tModLoader Chaotic Uprising

A Cats

Terrarian
This is a general content mod that will focus on new content but also tweaking vanilla features (For example making Golem harder)
This mod is currently in it's very early stages

(Download is on the discord, will be added here once the mod is complete enough for a full playthrough)

Content
  • 2 new biomes: the Darkness and the Reef
  • New dimension - the Abyss. There is no natural light so bring a flashlight, but be careful - the monsters there can sense the light too.
  • Abyssal Chaos boss, a post-Moonlord boss
  • Chaos Mode, a harder hardmode that activates after Abyssal Chaos is defeated. Vanilla mobs are made stronger with new abilities and some new mobs are added
  • Lunar Digger miniboss
  • Nightmare Reaper miniboss
  • Starlight Reaper miniboss
  • Reaper armour and item set
  • Starlight armour and item set
  • Dark Steel armour and item set
  • Prismatic item sets for pre-hardmode and hardmode
  • Enchanted Enemies: Enemies that are buffed and drop more money
  • Telekinesis
  • Rod of Discord upgrade that uses a hotkey
  • Some memes
  • Halion boss (WIP, port of the Void Wyvern from Ultraconyx)
  • Jraconyx boss (WIP)
  • A potion that stops wyvern spawns as well as an item that allows you to summon them
  • Improved Night's Edge, Excalibur and their true versions
  • Worms drop ores
  • Opposite world evil biome spawns as an underground circle
  • Projectile speed is now in item tooltips
  • The Infestation (WIP), special entities that persist between saving and joining a world and are not effected by the entity cap, must be controlled like the corruption

Halion (WIP, not spawnable without cheats so far)
1592088504251.png

Telekinesis

Screenshot_4.png

Teleportation

Screenshot (9).png

The Infestation

1595774032120.png

The Reef
1592088391676.png

This forum may not always be up to date. Join the discord for the newest information.
Discord: Join the Chaotic Uprising Discord Server!
A work-in-progress wiki: Chaotic Uprising

Credits:
Kaue NP (Discord) - Sprites
JellyBru (Discord) - Sprites
@musicman655 - Music
@A Cats - Code

Credit for the shockwave effect goes to @Kazzymodus

There are some people who sprited a few things during the early days of the mod that I have lost track of, if you were one of them please inform me

I will add more to this forum over time.

Last edited:
I found a bug, when the recipe browser mod is enabled while Chaotic Uprising is enabled, when "Rebuilding Loot Cache" is on the loading screen when you reload the mods, the game crashes. When recipe browser is disabled it won't crash.

I found a bug, when the recipe browser mod is enabled while Chaotic Uprising is enabled, when "Rebuilding Loot Cache" is on the loading screen when you reload the mods, the game crashes. When recipe browser is disabled it won't crash.
This was just fixed in the latest release

Hey so the mod's been around for a while now, think you could release it "outside" a discord group?
Otherwise can someone pass me a link? I don't join discords

Hey so the mod's been around for a while now, think you could release it "outside" a discord group?
Otherwise can someone pass me a link? I don't join discords

Sorry for the late reply, I am not on the forum often.

I will release the mod outside of the discord when it is complete enough for a full playthrough. Currently the progression ends with 2 minibosses which doesn't make much sense, the Infestation system is incomplete and can completely destroy worlds if left unchecked. Due to how Chaos Mode works, there are also incompatibilities with most large mods that add post-moonlord content. Once there is a complete ending, fully functional infestation and compatibility with at least Thorium, Calamity (and avalon if it's updated then), I will release it, though there is quite a bit I want to add before those. I prefer a smaller audience and I want to release a refined and fun mod to the larger community.

I have attached the file for the most recent version.

Attachments

• ChaoticUprising.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 276
Sorry for the late reply, I am not on the forum often.

I will release the mod outside of the discord when it is complete enough for a full playthrough. Currently the progression ends with 2 minibosses which doesn't make much sense, the Infestation system is incomplete and can completely destroy worlds if left unchecked. Due to how Chaos Mode works, there are also incompatibilities with most large mods that add post-moonlord content. Once there is a complete ending, fully functional infestation and compatibility with at least Thorium, Calamity (and avalon if it's updated then), I will release it, though there is quite a bit I want to add before those. I prefer a smaller audience and I want to release a refined and fun mod to the larger community.

I have attached the file for the most recent version.
Thank you! I commend your efforts on wanting to make a quality mod <3

Seeing this mod grow and change from its beginnings is a great experience.
Glad to be contributing to this incredible mod!

I did like Ultraconyx (even though it was sort of unbalanced) for some reason.
I am glad there is a remastered version of Ultraconyx.

I guess it's time for another bump:
Is this mod still in development? Can we get a sign outside of joining the discord?
1.4 port is in progress, most of it will be completely rewritten since the code is a mess (expected since there has been on and off development since 2018) and the standard of quality has increased since the earlier content.

Once it's stable I will probably release it on the mod browser, the main reason why I didn't with the 1.3 version was because I wanted to get it absolutely perfect before the wider Terraria community noticed it (the less than ideal response to Ultraconyx was still on my mind) but that wasn't a realistic goal.

Back
Top Bottom