tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,449 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,580 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 437 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I personally think the mod should be split up. (Sub-mod with just weapons, one for accessories, etc)
I can barely use other some-what big mods without running out of memory (tModLoader) and being forced to disable some.

It says unmaintained, that's why i don't want to use it. (Also don't want to break anything if some mods don't work on x64)

Hi, thanks for this big mod, I really like it but I encountered a few issues I want to report:
  1. Some weapons mentioned in wiki progressare not balanced to other items of their tier in terms of DPS. I will mostly tell about rogue items here:
    1. Defective Spheres is mid hardmode tier but it stayed with me until after Moon Lord.
    2. Utensil Poker dropping from Moon Lord easily deal 13k damage from stealth strike and sometimes more. But even Elephant Killer deals only 3-4k damage.
    3. Malachite, Epidemic Shredder, Corpus Avertor, Heavenfallen Stardisk are in same tier with Fallen Paladin's Hammer but all of them are much weaker than the Hammer and even weaker than Defective Spheres. Epidemic Shredder is the weakest thing of all of them.

They are just some examples, it happens to me often when I kill a boss, receive some new uber-weapon and then laugh at its dps being so low that I have to keep the weapons I already had until I kill a next boss. It looks like items introduced in this mod were never properly tested. Some people say that Calamity is only balanced around itself but now I checked it myself and it's not balanced at all.

I tested all these weapons with defence and DR taken into account, against single enemy and against a group of 3, normal and stealth strikes, with rogue accessories corresponding to their tier.
  2. The sand healer elemental from Heart of the Elements doesn't actually throw healing stones into player, instead she throws them straight upwards.
  3. Critical chance for rogue weapons is calculated at the time when projectile deals damage, after stealth strike is already consumed. This negates the point of gaining critical strike bonus from stealth.
  4. I may be wrong but it feels like some rogue weapons (I mean mostly bombs) use projectiles that create another explosion-projectile which doesn't benefit from stealth bonuses like damage, critical strike, other effects from accessories (as it's not inherently marked as rogue, as stealth strike). Check Sandstorm in bottle.
  5. Adrenaline and rage are not restored on save-load.
  6. When wearing an accessory that gives 50% stealth usage for stealth strikes many weapons calculate their damage like there is no stealth strike at all when shooting second time using second half of stealth. Check Corpus Avertor.
  7. It feels like some weapons which shoot multiple projectiles in one shot, launch some of them after stealth strike is already consumed, so they have no bonuses. Check Corpus Avertor

Last edited:
Hi! I've been playing Terraria for years and finally downloaded the Calamity Mod. However, seconds into playing the game with the mod, my character's movement ability (moving, mining, attack speed, etc) would slow down, as if only my character were in slow motion. Also, the NPCs and mobs would start glitching around. I don't know what happened, if it is on my end, or there is just a bug. If you could please help me that would be great! Thank you in advance :)

But how do I know how much data I have for terraria/ my computer because I have enough Data to run other games like overwatch etc..

I have made a fix in a separate mod for most balancing issues which I mentioned earlier. You can check it here.

Hi, thanks for this big mod, I really like it but I encountered a few issues I want to report:
  1. Some weapons mentioned in wiki progressare not balanced to other items of their tier in terms of DPS. I will mostly tell about rogue items here:
    1. Defective Spheres is mid hardmode tier but it stayed with me until after Moon Lord.
    2. Utensil Poker dropping from Moon Lord easily deal 13k damage from stealth strike and sometimes more. But even Elephant Killer deals only 3-4k damage.
    3. Malachite, Epidemic Shredder, Corpus Avertor, Heavenfallen Stardisk are in same tier with Fallen Paladin's Hammer but all of them are much weaker than the Hammer and even weaker than Defective Spheres. Epidemic Shredder is the weakest thing of all of them.

They are just some examples, it happens to me often when I kill a boss, receive some new uber-weapon and then laugh at its dps being so low that I have to keep the weapons I already had until I kill a next boss. It looks like items introduced in this mod were never properly tested. Some people say that Calamity is only balanced around itself but now I checked it myself and it's not balanced at all.

I tested all these weapons with defence and DR taken into account, against single enemy and against a group of 3, normal and stealth strikes, with rogue accessories corresponding to their tier.
  2. The sand healer elemental from Heart of the Elements doesn't actually throw healing stones into player, instead she throws them straight upwards.
  3. Critical chance for rogue weapons is calculated at the time when projectile deals damage, after stealth strike is already consumed. This negates the point of gaining critical strike bonus from stealth.
  4. I may be wrong but it feels like some rogue weapons (I mean mostly bombs) use projectiles that create another explosion-projectile which doesn't benefit from stealth bonuses like damage, critical strike, other effects from accessories (as it's not inherently marked as rogue, as stealth strike). Check Sandstorm in bottle.
  5. Adrenaline and rage are not restored on save-load.
  6. When wearing an accessory that gives 50% stealth usage for stealth strikes many weapons calculate their damage like there is no stealth strike at all when shooting second time using second half of stealth. Check Corpus Avertor.
  7. It feels like some weapons which shoot multiple projectiles in one shot, launch some of them after stealth strike is already consumed, so they have no bonuses. Check Corpus Avertor

Sorry guys. I cannot post on discord since it is not letting claim my account. I just downloaded the latest version of Calamity and I get this error when loading the mods

[05:26:01] [8/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading CalamityMod
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "tmod:CalamityMod/Effects/LightBurstShader". This file was compiled for the HiDef profile, and cannot be loaded into a Reach GraphicsDevice.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsContentHelper.GraphicsDeviceFromContentReader(ContentReader contentReader)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.EffectReader.Read(ContentReader input, Effect existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Engine.TMLContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResource(String path, Int32 length, Func`1 getStream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResources()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__39_0(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[05:26:01] [8/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: CalamityMod

Any help would be really appreciated.

EDIT: For anyone having similar issues just set support for 4K and support for 8K to true on tmodloder config jason.

Last edited:
Hi! I've been playing Terraria for years and finally downloaded the Calamity Mod. However, seconds into playing the game with the mod, my character's movement ability (moving, mining, attack speed, etc) would slow down, as if only my character were in slow motion. Also, the NPCs and mobs would start glitching around. I don't know what happened, if it is on my end, or there is just a bug. If you could please help me that would be great! Thank you in advance :)
Lag does that. Try turning "Frame Skip" In video settings on.

Hey calamity devs/mods/owner I have an idea for the mod
Dm me if you are interested
Hopefully you get this is

Also I just wanted to say your mod is awesome
(I played it on my friends computer around 2-ish years ago, and obviously not on the switch)

Hi, I have recently started playing calamity with my friend but whenever we try to use the calamity mod music, our games crash.
All of the mods work when playing with my friend other than calamity mod music.

We have double checked all our mods multiple times and they are all the same versions of all the same mods.

If I try to join a world my friend is hosting, my computer freezes and the only way to fix the issue is to restart my computer.
If I host the world, my friend experiences the same issue; his computer freezes.

Is there something we are doing wrong?

Here is the list of mods we are using:
Calamity
Calamity Mod Music (attempting to)
VeinMiner
AlchemistNPC
Fargo's Mutant
Boss's health bar
What Mod is this from
Boss Checklist
imkSushi's mod
omni Swing
recipe browser
magic storage
no more tombs

That's a lot of mods

Maybe you have too much mods disable a few

Even though they might not have too much data this can happen It happened with my sister add one more mod with the mods she currently has then one dissaperes even though they don't take too much data.
SlimeGodBanner.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom