Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my first entree to any competition of this level, i'm excited to see the results.
Even if i don't win, i want to see all of the ones that did and i really want to go through the whole thread and see all of the amazing ideas everyone else made!
we all made it, fellow terrarians, now we wait
this is so exciting :D

This is actually my second post on the forums in particular, but I've been with keeping up with Terraria for a good deal now; how about I begin to open up more, yeah?

Personally, I'm probably just going to simmer in the background for a while and try not to worry about it now that I've finally got my own entry out there (so I don't have to worry as much about getting it done now); There are a lot of cool things that caught my eye as the weeks went on, honestly-- my hope is that what I came up with is at least interesting, since... has anyone did the thing I thought of for my entry? The fashion, obviously yeah- but I hope the concept I used as the core of my entry was decent enough.

(If you really want to look to see what I mean with mine, page 325- towards but not at the bottom; I stayed up until 5:AM the morning of the deadline (my time zone, that is) just to make sure it was done, actually! *Laughs*)

Anyway, I like all the frilly dresses, and I saw a bunch of biome armors, actually- and a bunch of other cool things. The one I'll shout out for sure for right now though is minebean's Cursed Fire Fighter set on page 332-- I honestly loved that concept and design!

Just got my submission at 1:00 now I feel sad. But due to my skills as an artist it probably wouldn’t have won anyways.

Just got my submission at 1:00 now I feel sad. But due to my skills as an artist it probably wouldn’t have won anyways.
Hey man its ok I mean, you still have a chance of winning. I’ve seen some really bad ones but I’m not going to start pointing fingers at people

Ouch. That doesn't sound too fun, G.E.O. (but I wouldn't mind seeing it anyway, honestly, out of curiosity if nothing else!).

I don't know about my entry either, since it's kinda out there from a purely mechanical standpoint? I'm not a whiz when it comes to drawing either and I didn't know pixel art (so we're both outmatched there, yeah?); I kinda had to rely on my own ability to think things out more than anything else to try and give it a chance, but I wouldn't be surprised if my entry was ruled out quickly.

Ouch. That doesn't sound too fun, G.E.O. (but I wouldn't mind seeing it anyway, honestly, out of curiosity if nothing else!).

I don't know about my entry either, since it's kinda out there from a purely mechanical standpoint? I'm not a whiz when it comes to drawing either and I didn't know pixel art (so we're both outmatched there, yeah?); I kinda had to rely on my own ability to think things out more than anything else to try and give it a chance, but I wouldn't be surprised if my entry was ruled out quickly.
Sorry to hear about that. Submitting something is better than nothing though... and who knows, maybe your ideas could stand out to the Re-Logic team enough that you beat most of the competition? We'll all have to wait and see.

Sorry to hear about that. Submitting something is better than nothing though... and who knows, maybe your ideas could stand out to the Re-Logic team enough that you beat most of the competition? We'll all have to wait and see.

It's possible! For context, my own submission's modus operandi (what I knew would make or break my entry, mind you) was that my set's body/dress piece in particular could change forms based on the dye you used with it. Not just changing color, mind you-- changing its form completely, alternate sprites and all, to suit the dye you happened to use; it's effectively a whole lot of different outfits rolled into one, united by a common fashion theme and with the ace pulled out of my sleeve to let it be a lot more versatile than you might expect.

(I don't know the modding scene, but has anything of that sort come up in the mods out there? I'm generally curious, honestly, because it'd blow my mind if nobody did it yet.)

I’ve been playing 1000+ hours of Terraria and this is getting really exciting! This is the first time, (like many people) I’ve had enough courage to enter a contest like this one.
Now that the release date is out I cannot wait c:
Good luck to you all who submitted! Can’t wait for the finalists to be revealed soon in only 3 days!
<3:pinky:

I still hope they raise the number of winners to more than just three. I can't help but feel that they got way more entries than they were expecting, and that's even considering that many entries broke the eligibility rules and that many entries are functionally duplicates.

With the competition thread closing, I thought I might as well share all the spritework I did:

competitionsheetlargebackround.png

Whether my entry wins or not, I'm currently making a mod that will include it.

If you're into this kind of style, keep an eye out!

Last edited:
I have about 10000+ hours on Terraria, and yet I still love this game

I started playing on and off when it came out on Xbox 360

I still hope they raise the number of winners to more than just three. I can't help but feel that they got way more entries than they were expecting, and that's even considering that many entries broke the eligibility rules and that many entries are functionally duplicates.
Yeah, there is so many original stuff that would just perfectly fit into the game

When will the winners be announced?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
Here you go, that was right in the first post in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom