You've got the Touch, You've got the Power! Controller & Customization Update hits Mobile Terraria Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having issues with my PS4 controller. There's a delay when I press buttons. Sometimes I'll press buttons and nothing happens.

Controller (PS4v2?) and phone and OS?

Hello,

I am having some issues on the Android version of Terraria with my controller. It looks like I'm running version 1.3.0.7.8.1 of the app. The tablet I am using is a Kindle Fire 10" (9th Generation) and the controller I'm using is an 8bitdo SN30 Pro+.

I am suspecting this to be an issue with the controller rather than the app. The controller has three settings - D-input (Android mode), X-input (Xbox 360 mode), and macOS (PS3 mode). D-input mode is less desirable to use as this mode cannot be customized for the device so readily.

The issue with the X-input and macOS modes is that it will not register the triggers. Other apps will register them (Minecraft and Delta Touch are examples offhand). I've seen this described on Reddit, and I think this may be the cause:

"All the buttons are where they should be, with one exception... the L2/R2 trigger buttons. It seems these register as "LTRIGGER" and "RTRIGGER" keycodes, as analog buttons. The triggers themselves don't seem to be analog, and only ever register 1.0 or 0.0. It seems most Android games are not set up expecting LTRIGGER/RTRIGGER, rather they expect BUTTON_R2/BUTTON_L2, so they don't actually do anything in-game (and most Android games don't have controller remapping)."

Is this something that can be adapted to make the triggers work properly, or an option added to the menu to toggle trigger to swap as L2/R2?

Thanks!

What build number are you running? Unsupported gamepads may have this experience until the c+c fixes update is out (soon) - see bottom of the OP in this thread for details.

Happy Controller & Customization launch day, Terrarians!

At long last, the teams at DR Studios, Re-Logic, and 505 Games are pleased to bring our first Feature Update to Mobile Terraria in the post-1.3 era. The focus here is to bring a whole new level of customization to the controls and interface for players along with implementing robust and fully remappable controller support for bluetooth-capable gamepads. We are thrilled with how all of this turned out and we cannot wait to see what you all do with this newfound power! :eek:

Please send us your very best setups and gamepad mappings - we would love to see your creativity at work!

As always, please report any bugs or issues that you encounter so that we can get any needed hotfixes out there as quickly and completely as possible!

With this update out and once the hotfixes are done, we will be moving on to our next stage in our Terraria Mobile development plans... but more on that another day. ;)

Without further ado, here is your changelog! Also, check out our handy guide to the new features posted just below the changelog - and also linked in the Mobile Guides section here:

MOBILE TERRARIA CONTROL CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE

index.php

NOTE REGARDING POTENTIAL ISSUES WITH UNSUPPORTED GAMEPADS ON ANDROID
  • We are aware of some crash issues occurring with certain gamepads and Android devices
    • Some of these include, but are not limited to: Ipega devices, Inova Gamepad, MOCUTE gamepad, Tronsmart G02, Gen Game S5, STK 7000F)
  • These crashes are due to the use of currently-unsupported Gamepads, and this only impacts Android.
    • Due to the way we have to identify controllers, there is a limited number of the gamepads which the game supports, and the affected gamepads are not on this database.
    • While Android itself can connect to the gamepad, the game cannot correctly identify the gamepad, so this is causing a conflict issue with the game.
    • For now, if you disconnect your gamepad, you should be able to play via touch controls as before (great time to check out the new customization options! :) )
    • On iOS, only MFI-compatible controllers will connect to iOS at all, so this issue should not impact iOS users.
  • We are building a fix for the crash itself now. If this tests out well, we will push this out to everyone ASAP – possibly by tonight.
    • This will remove the crash, but the affected gamepads will not be able to be used in game at this time.
  • We will then be adding a new UI that will get around this and allow people affected by the above to do some quick setup to be able to use their gamepad.
    • This will take a good bit longer, should be by the end of the month at worst.
    • We will endeavor to get this done as soon as we can, though.

index.php

Terraria Mobile 1.3.0.7.8 Build Notes - Controller Support & Customization Update

FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS
  • Able to remap any existing control
    • Tapping a command from the Bindings tab and then tapping the button you wish to remap will assign the selected command to that button.
    • NOTE: Changing a button-only action to a stick will clear the action and leave an empty stick if it cannot be placed on a stick, and vice versa
    • NOTE: Square buttons only allowed for zoom buttons

• Able to move all buttons in the available controls space
    • Movement is limited to the pre-defined “controls” space, which you can see on the Edit Interface screen.
    • When dragged outside of the controls space, buttons will turn red and, if released while red, will be deleted.

• Able to reposition the Settings and Inventory buttons within the controls space. Also able to move Inventory page tabs.
    • Inventory & Settings buttons can be moved around, but are locked to their default side of the UI.
    • Inventory page tabs (housing, PVP, Equipment, etc) can be rotated either vertically or horizontally and can be moved around within the controls space.

• Able to add additional buttons or actions by dragging them down from the palette from the top or selecting the action and tapping to place it in an empty location

• Able to overlap buttons
    • Layer order is dependant on the order the buttons are added to the controls space
    • The last placed button in an overlap setting will sit on top.

• Able to undo/redo a series of changes to a particular profile
    • NOTE: Changing any of the settings or menus will clear the undo history
index.php

CONTROL PROFILES
  • Able to set up to 4 unique control setup profiles via the profile dropdown

• Able to add a Cycle Profile button from the bindings palette.
    • NOTE: Only profiles with a Cycle Profile button added to the controls area will be activated by the profile button in-game, so if you have a cycle profile button on 1, 2, and 3 it will cycle between these three only and not show 4.

• Able to rename each profile and have it display in the game when cycled

• Able to choose the active profile from the settings menu without adding a cycle profile button

index.php

ADDITIONAL SETTINGS
  • Added: Pinch Zoom on/off
  • Affects both world and map
  • Added: Chat Order Top Down / Bottom Up
  • Added: Passwords Hidden/Visible
    • Uses the password keyboard and hides password text in the host box
    • On-screen keyboard will still display character by character when typing so not completely streamer safe!
  • Added: Aim Sensitivity slider when smart cursor is off
  • Aim and Use Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global For All, Always Aim Only, Always Aim & Use
  • Smart Cursor Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global For All, always Off, always

index.php

CONTROLLER SUPPORT
  • Added support for Bluetooth/MFI compatible gamepads.
    • We do not have an exhaustive list of compatible controllers, but for example, bluetooth-capable Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamepads do work well.

• Able to rebind MOST actions on the controller
    • This is accessed via the Controller tab in settings and allows for thorough remapping.
    • Some ‘default’ actions are set by the system when a window overtakes the control screen. (Main Menus, NPC dialogues, Hair Stylist, Dresser)
    • Some bindings for secondary Stick sticks for movement and aiming, allowing you an alternate to move or aim in the menus when main sticks are bound to menu navigation

• Added Four Default Controller Setups:
    • Simplified - Intended for the newer or younger player
      • Recommended additional settings:
      • Stick Jump: Single Tap Up or Swipe
      • Autoswing: On
    • Advanced - Intended for the experienced Terrarian
    • Console - Intended for those used to playing on XB1/PS4/Switch
    • Custom (make your own!)
index.php

ADDITIONAL CONTROLLER SETTINGS
  • Navigation delay slider: to speed up or slow down inventory navigation
  • Swap shoulders and triggers: This changes the [HOLD] keys
    • Changes LB to LT on Xbox controller
    • Changes L1 to L2 Dualshock 4 controller
  • Aim sensitivity slider: additional setting when a controller is connected and smart cursor is off
  • Aim and Use Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global for All, Always Aim Only, Always Aim & Use
  • Smart Cursor Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global for All, Always Off, Always On

index.php

REVISED MENUS
  • Player Creation menu has been revised, and now provides a preview of your character
  • World Creation menu also revised to match player creation
  • Hairstylist window is now a popup in the game
  • Dresser window is now a popup in the game

index.php

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed! No longer able to put non-equipment items into equipment slots
  • Fixed! A number of rare crashes
  • Fixed! Improvements to the grapple stick’s accuracy
  • Fixed! If a multiplayer game is not reachable, the game will time-out

KNOWN ISSUES
Localization missing in a few menus where text is displayed in English.
Unsupported Gamepads causing crashing on Android

I don't know why this is, but Terraria does connect to my phone, yes, the movement joysticks work fine, but the icons for each function are different to what is keybinded. So, say for jump, on the screen, it would say that the controller button for it is X. When I use X, it opens the inventory. This is true for all the buttons except for the options. Any advice on how to fix???

Thanks!

What device are you on @Bigbaby? Where did you purchase the game?

Can you post a screenshot? Also, check your bindings. You may not have actions associated with your buttons. Go into Settings, then Controller. In the Scheme menu, I suggest choosing Simplified, Advanced, or Console (not Custom). And then from there, you can change the bindings to what you like, and this will create a Custom setting for you. Don't start off with Custom. Take an already existing scheme and customize it, it takes out a lot of the guesswork.

What device are you on @Anael63? Where did you purchase the game?

This is exactly what happens for me.

Ok so I have a suggestion if you don't wanna read it skip me if so then read

when in game you have on keyboard support but when you try to move your mouse around it does not follow the games curser maybe it has something to do with my device idk but if this happening to you or if your reading this please make mouse support

I feel very frustrated in launching a mega joystick support update and not including a simple support for IPEGA controls, specifically the 9076 model, I bought the controller and the mobile game just to play this super game! Help!

PS4 v1, Galaxy A20 with Android 9.

Pretty sure you need a v2

I don't know why this is, but Terraria does connect to my phone, yes, the movement joysticks work fine, but the icons for each function are different to what is keybinded.

What device?

The gamepad is an ipega 9078 and the phone is a moto g7 play. Any help?

I feel very frustrated in launching a mega joystick support update and not including a simple support for IPEGA controls, specifically the 9076 model, I bought the controller and the mobile game just to play this super game! Help!

The unsupported gamepad fix that DR is working on, targeted for late April, should hopefully fix your situations. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

What build number are you running? Unsupported gamepads may have this experience until the c+c fixes update is out (soon) - see bottom of the OP in this thread for details.

Apologies, but can you clarify which build number you are referring to? Is that different from the version 1.3.0.7.8.1 of the Google Play Store?

Apologies, but can you clarify which build number you are referring to? Is that different from the version 1.3.0.7.8.1 of the Google Play Store?

When you open the game, in the lower right corner is the Build Number. Latest on Android is 384, iOS is 380.

MOBILE TERRARIA VIRTUAL CONTROL CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE

Hello Terrarians! This guide is intended to give you a quick overview of how the new virtual control customization options for mobile Terraria work. This does not seek to cover all possible instances, rather it will cover the basics of what you can do and how you can do it... the rest is up to the limits of your imagination!

index.php

GETTING STARTED
For starters, we need to get into the control customization interface. Here's how!
  • From the Settings menu, tap the Controls menu tab (it's the one with the little joystick icon)
  • Tap Edit Touch Controls
  • IMPORTANT: Remember when you are done with your customization edits, be sure to hit the "Apply" button!

View attachment 251781

View attachment 251785
The Touch/Virtual Controls Edit Screen

index.php

EDITING/REMAPPING VIRTUAL CONTROLS
Remapping your virtual controls - for example, changing the Quick Heal button to Quick Mana - is a simple process. Here's how it is done:
  • On the "Bindings" tab, you will see a host of possible touch controls. Nearly everything possible is here, so the options are endless!
  • If you would like to keep the same layout, but simply replace the function of an existing control with another, you can either:
    • Touch and drag the desired control from the "bindings" buttons at the top of the screen and pull it down to the existing button/stick that you want to replace
    • Tap the desired control from the "bindings" buttons at the top of the screen and then tap the existing button/stick that you want to replace
  • If you remap a button as "blank" (the lower right binding on the list), the button will still be there later to edit, but will not appear in gameplay.
  • Duplicate controls are perfectly fine!
  • Remember to press Apply when you are all done with your edits.

CHANGING CONTROL SIZE & LOCATION
This update also allows for changing the size and location of any given control. Do note that all controls must fit within the controls area.
  • On the "Controls" tab, you will see a host of possible touch controls of different sizes.
  • If you would like to change the size of an existing control to make it smaller or larger, you can either:
    • Touch and drag the desired control from the "controls" buttons at the top of the screen and pull it down to the existing button/stick that you want to replace
    • Tap the desired control from the "controls" buttons at the top of the screen and then tap the existing button/stick that you want to replace
  • Remember to press Apply when you are all done with your edits!

MOVING CONTROLS AROUND
Not only can controls be remapped, they can also be moved around freely within the controls area
  • To move a control, simply touch and hold on the control that you want to move and then drag it around the controls area until you reach the desired location
  • Release your finger and the button will move to your selected location.
  • You can move nearly anything around - including the Inventory/Settings icons and the Inventory Tab/Page and Zoom +/- controls!

ADDING & REMOVING CONTROLS
In addition to being able to remap, resize, and even disable individual touch controls, you are now able to add and/or delete controls to fit your desires!
  • To add a control, simply drag and drop your desired button/stick from the bindings list into an empty space in the controls area.
  • Alternatively, you can tap the button/stick that you want to add and then tap an empty space in the controls area.
  • Again, duplicates are fine!

• Deleting a button is equally easy!
    • Touch and hold the button/stick that you want to delete
    • Drag the control-to-be-deleted outside of the controls area until you see the icon turn red.
    • Release your finger and you will see that the control is no more!

INVENTORY TAB PAGE ICON ORIENTATION
As a part of customizing your control interface, we understand that some players may want to have a setup where the orientation of the Inventory Tab/Page icons (Inventory/Housing/Equipment/etc) is horizontal rather than vertical (the default).
  • To swap the orientation of these icons, tap the button that says Vertical - Horizontal and select your desired setting
  • You will note the orientation change, and you can also move these around as you see fit!

UNDOING MISTAKES
That latest tweak not feeling just right? Of course you can press Discard to remove all of your changes since last you saved your custom control profile - but you can also use the Undo-Redo buttons to either remove or repeat the last action/change that you made.
  • Pretty straight forward here, just tap the undo/redo button to trigger that function.
  • Pressing undo multiple times will undo each previous action in sequence.
  • Pressing Discard will remove ALL changes since the last time you made edits and pressed Apply
  • Pressing Default will default all controls in that profile to the standard default that ships with the game.

SETTING UP & USING CONTROL PROFILES
This update allows you to create up to four unique and fully-customizable touch control setups via the Profile pulldown menu. No only that, but these profiles can be hotswapped in-game by adding the "Cycle Profile" button to your control setups.
  • To edit a given profile, tap the Profile pull-down menu on the Edit Touch Controls screen.
  • Select the profile that you want to edit by tapping it.
  • Give your profile a fun name (or don't if you choose not to) by clicking the Rename button.
  • Use your creativity and the features above in this guide to customize that profile to your desired state.
View attachment 251834

index.php

ADDING PROFILE SWAPPING/CYCLE
Once you have your profiles set up - however may you desire - you can add the "Cycle Profile" button to your setups in order to be able to quickly hotswap profiles in-game without leaving the action! To enable this feature:
  • Go into the profile for which you want to enable Profile Cycling
  • Add the Cycle Profile button via drag and drop or touch, as covered above in "ADDING & DELETING BUTTONS"
  • IMPORTANT: You must add this button to each profile for which you want to add to your profile cycle in-game... so repeat this process for each desired profile.

Once you have this all set up, you can tap the Cycle Profile button in game to quickly move between your fancy custom profiles!

You can always swap your control profiles in the Settings menu on the Touch Controls tab if you would rather not use the Profile Cycle feature.

CLOSING THOUGHTS
We hope that you are as excited about the range of new features and functionality that this Controller Support & Customization update brings to Mobile Terraria. We have tried to lean on the side of giving you more capability and leaving the power in the hands of your limitless creativity. As you generate really cool setups, we would really love to see what you created - so feel free to share them here on TCF, our Discord, or Social Media. Who knows, if we find one that looks REALLY good, we might include it as a default in future updates. :cool:

Happy adventuring, Terrarians!
can i use my ps4 controller on this? i have an xr

it's been over 1 week since this came out, and I still don't have it on my Amazon device, i'm just wondering where is this update for Amazon devices?

Last edited:
MOBILE TERRARIA VIRTUAL CONTROL CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE

Hello Terrarians! This guide is intended to give you a quick overview of how the new virtual control customization options for mobile Terraria work. This does not seek to cover all possible instances, rather it will cover the basics of what you can do and how you can do it... the rest is up to the limits of your imagination!

index.php

GETTING STARTED
For starters, we need to get into the control customization interface. Here's how!
  • From the Settings menu, tap the Controls menu tab (it's the one with the little joystick icon)
  • Tap Edit Touch Controls
  • IMPORTANT: Remember when you are done with your customization edits, be sure to hit the "Apply" button!

View attachment 251781

View attachment 251785
The Touch/Virtual Controls Edit Screen

index.php

EDITING/REMAPPING VIRTUAL CONTROLS
Remapping your virtual controls - for example, changing the Quick Heal button to Quick Mana - is a simple process. Here's how it is done:
  • On the "Bindings" tab, you will see a host of possible touch controls. Nearly everything possible is here, so the options are endless!
  • If you would like to keep the same layout, but simply replace the function of an existing control with another, you can either:
    • Touch and drag the desired control from the "bindings" buttons at the top of the screen and pull it down to the existing button/stick that you want to replace
    • Tap the desired control from the "bindings" buttons at the top of the screen and then tap the existing button/stick that you want to replace
  • If you remap a button as "blank" (the lower right binding on the list), the button will still be there later to edit, but will not appear in gameplay.
  • Duplicate controls are perfectly fine!
  • Remember to press Apply when you are all done with your edits.

CHANGING CONTROL SIZE & LOCATION
This update also allows for changing the size and location of any given control. Do note that all controls must fit within the controls area.
  • On the "Controls" tab, you will see a host of possible touch controls of different sizes.
  • If you would like to change the size of an existing control to make it smaller or larger, you can either:
    • Touch and drag the desired control from the "controls" buttons at the top of the screen and pull it down to the existing button/stick that you want to replace
    • Tap the desired control from the "controls" buttons at the top of the screen and then tap the existing button/stick that you want to replace

MOVING CONTROLS AROUND
Not only can controls be remapped, they can also be moved around freely within the controls area
  • To move a control, simply touch and hold on the control that you want to move and then drag it around the controls area until you reach the desired location
  • Release your finger and the button will move to your selected location.
  • You can move nearly anything around - including the Inventory/Settings icons and the Inventory Tab/Page and Zoom +/- controls!

ADDING & REMOVING CONTROLS
In addition to being able to remap, resize, and even disable individual touch controls, you are now able to add and/or delete controls to fit your desires!
  • To add a control, simply drag and drop your desired button/stick from the bindings list into an empty space in the controls area.
  • Alternatively, you can tap the button/stick that you want to add and then tap an empty space in the controls area.
  • Again, duplicates are fine!

• Deleting a button is equally easy!
    • Touch and hold the button/stick that you want to delete
    • Drag the control-to-be-deleted outside of the controls area until you see the icon turn red.
    • Release your finger and you will see that the control is no more!

INVENTORY TAB PAGE ICON ORIENTATION
As a part of customizing your control interface, we understand that some players may want to have a setup where the orientation of the Inventory Tab/Page icons (Inventory/Housing/Equipment/etc) is horizontal rather than vertical (the default).
  • To swap the orientation of these icons, tap the button that says Vertical - Horizontal and select your desired setting
  • You will note the orientation change, and you can also move these around as you see fit!

UNDOING MISTAKES
That latest tweak not feeling just right? Of course you can press Discard to remove all of your changes since last you saved your custom control profile - but you can also use the Undo-Redo buttons to either remove or repeat the last action/change that you made.
  • Pretty straight forward here, just tap the undo/redo button to trigger that function.
  • Pressing undo multiple times will undo each previous action in sequence.
  • Pressing Discard will remove ALL changes since the last time you made edits and pressed Apply
  • Pressing Default will default all controls in that profile to the standard default that ships with the game.

SETTING UP & USING CONTROL PROFILES
This update allows you to create up to four unique and fully-customizable touch control setups via the Profile pulldown menu. No only that, but these profiles can be hotswapped in-game by adding the "Cycle Profile" button to your control setups.
  • To edit a given profile, tap the Profile pull-down menu on the Edit Touch Controls screen.
  • Select the profile that you want to edit by tapping it.
  • Give your profile a fun name (or don't if you choose not to) by clicking the Rename button.
  • Use your creativity and the features above in this guide to customize that profile to your desired state.
View attachment 251834

index.php

ADDING PROFILE SWAPPING/CYCLE
Once you have your profiles set up - however may you desire - you can add the "Cycle Profile" button to your setups in order to be able to quickly hotswap profiles in-game without leaving the action! To enable this feature:
  • Go into the profile for which you want to enable Profile Cycling
  • Add the Cycle Profile button via drag and drop or touch, as covered above in "ADDING & DELETING BUTTONS"
  • IMPORTANT: You must add this button to each profile for which you want to add to your profile cycle in-game... so repeat this process for each desired profile.

Once you have this all set up, you can tap the Cycle Profile button in game to quickly move between your fancy custom profiles!

You can always swap your control profiles in the Settings menu on the Touch Controls tab if you would rather not use the Profile Cycle feature.

CLOSING THOUGHTS
We hope that you are as excited about the range of new features and functionality that this Controller Support & Customization update brings to Mobile Terraria. We have tried to lean on the side of giving you more capability and leaving the power in the hands of your limitless creativity. As you generate really cool setups, we would really love to see what you created - so feel free to share them here on TCF, our Discord, or Social Media. Who knows, if we find one that looks REALLY good, we might include it as a default in future updates. :cool:

Happy adventuring, Terrarians!

El juego no se abre después de la actualización ... Tengo un Xiaomi MI A2 Lite y compré el juego en Play Store ...

Happy Controller & Customization launch day, Terrarians!

At long last, the teams at DR Studios, Re-Logic, and 505 Games are pleased to bring our first Feature Update to Mobile Terraria in the post-1.3 era. The focus here is to bring a whole new level of customization to the controls and interface for players along with implementing robust and fully remappable controller support for bluetooth-capable gamepads. We are thrilled with how all of this turned out and we cannot wait to see what you all do with this newfound power! :eek:

Please send us your very best setups and gamepad mappings - we would love to see your creativity at work!

As always, please report any bugs or issues that you encounter so that we can get any needed hotfixes out there as quickly and completely as possible!

With this update out and once the hotfixes are done, we will be moving on to our next stage in our Terraria Mobile development plans... but more on that another day. ;)

Without further ado, here is your changelog! Also, check out our handy guide to the new features posted just below the changelog - and also linked in the Mobile Guides section here:

MOBILE TERRARIA CONTROL CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE

index.php

NOTE REGARDING POTENTIAL ISSUES WITH UNSUPPORTED GAMEPADS ON ANDROID
  • We are aware of some crash issues occurring with certain gamepads and Android devices
    • Some of these include, but are not limited to: Ipega devices, Inova Gamepad, MOCUTE gamepad, Tronsmart G02, Gen Game S5, STK 7000F)
  • These crashes are due to the use of currently-unsupported Gamepads, and this only impacts Android.
    • Due to the way we have to identify controllers, there is a limited number of the gamepads which the game supports, and the affected gamepads are not on this database.
    • While Android itself can connect to the gamepad, the game cannot correctly identify the gamepad, so this is causing a conflict issue with the game.
    • For now, if you disconnect your gamepad, you should be able to play via touch controls as before (great time to check out the new customization options! :) )
    • On iOS, only MFI-compatible controllers will connect to iOS at all, so this issue should not impact iOS users.
  • We are building a fix for the crash itself now. If this tests out well, we will push this out to everyone ASAP – possibly by tonight.
    • This will remove the crash, but the affected gamepads will not be able to be used in game at this time.
  • We will then be adding a new UI that will get around this and allow people affected by the above to do some quick setup to be able to use their gamepad.
    • This will take a good bit longer, should be by the end of the month at worst.
    • We will endeavor to get this done as soon as we can, though.

index.php

Terraria Mobile 1.3.0.7.8 Build Notes - Controller Support & Customization Update

FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE CONTROLS
  • Able to remap any existing control
    • Tapping a command from the Bindings tab and then tapping the button you wish to remap will assign the selected command to that button.
    • NOTE: Changing a button-only action to a stick will clear the action and leave an empty stick if it cannot be placed on a stick, and vice versa
    • NOTE: Square buttons only allowed for zoom buttons

• Able to move all buttons in the available controls space
    • Movement is limited to the pre-defined “controls” space, which you can see on the Edit Interface screen.
    • When dragged outside of the controls space, buttons will turn red and, if released while red, will be deleted.

• Able to reposition the Settings and Inventory buttons within the controls space. Also able to move Inventory page tabs.
    • Inventory & Settings buttons can be moved around, but are locked to their default side of the UI.
    • Inventory page tabs (housing, PVP, Equipment, etc) can be rotated either vertically or horizontally and can be moved around within the controls space.

• Able to add additional buttons or actions by dragging them down from the palette from the top or selecting the action and tapping to place it in an empty location

• Able to overlap buttons
    • Layer order is dependant on the order the buttons are added to the controls space
    • The last placed button in an overlap setting will sit on top.

• Able to undo/redo a series of changes to a particular profile
    • NOTE: Changing any of the settings or menus will clear the undo history
index.php

CONTROL PROFILES
  • Able to set up to 4 unique control setup profiles via the profile dropdown

• Able to add a Cycle Profile button from the bindings palette.
    • NOTE: Only profiles with a Cycle Profile button added to the controls area will be activated by the profile button in-game, so if you have a cycle profile button on 1, 2, and 3 it will cycle between these three only and not show 4.

• Able to rename each profile and have it display in the game when cycled

• Able to choose the active profile from the settings menu without adding a cycle profile button

index.php

ADDITIONAL SETTINGS
  • Added: Pinch Zoom on/off
  • Affects both world and map
  • Added: Chat Order Top Down / Bottom Up
  • Added: Passwords Hidden/Visible
    • Uses the password keyboard and hides password text in the host box
    • On-screen keyboard will still display character by character when typing so not completely streamer safe!
  • Added: Aim Sensitivity slider when smart cursor is off
  • Aim and Use Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global For All, Always Aim Only, Always Aim & Use
  • Smart Cursor Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global For All, always Off, always

index.php

CONTROLLER SUPPORT
  • Added support for Bluetooth/MFI compatible gamepads.
    • We do not have an exhaustive list of compatible controllers, but for example, bluetooth-capable Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gamepads do work well.

• Able to rebind MOST actions on the controller
    • This is accessed via the Controller tab in settings and allows for thorough remapping.
    • Some ‘default’ actions are set by the system when a window overtakes the control screen. (Main Menus, NPC dialogues, Hair Stylist, Dresser)
    • Some bindings for secondary Stick sticks for movement and aiming, allowing you an alternate to move or aim in the menus when main sticks are bound to menu navigation

• Added Four Default Controller Setups:
    • Simplified - Intended for the newer or younger player
      • Recommended additional settings:
      • Stick Jump: Single Tap Up or Swipe
      • Autoswing: On
    • Advanced - Intended for the experienced Terrarian
    • Console - Intended for those used to playing on XB1/PS4/Switch
    • Custom (make your own!)
index.php

ADDITIONAL CONTROLLER SETTINGS
  • Navigation delay slider: to speed up or slow down inventory navigation
  • Swap shoulders and triggers: This changes the [HOLD] keys
    • Changes LB to LT on Xbox controller
    • Changes L1 to L2 Dualshock 4 controller
  • Aim sensitivity slider: additional setting when a controller is connected and smart cursor is off
  • Aim and Use Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global for All, Always Aim Only, Always Aim & Use
  • Smart Cursor Mode: By Item Type (Default), Global for All, Always Off, Always On

index.php

REVISED MENUS
  • Player Creation menu has been revised, and now provides a preview of your character
  • World Creation menu also revised to match player creation
  • Hairstylist window is now a popup in the game
  • Dresser window is now a popup in the game

index.php

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed! No longer able to put non-equipment items into equipment slots
  • Fixed! A number of rare crashes
  • Fixed! Improvements to the grapple stick’s accuracy
  • Fixed! If a multiplayer game is not reachable, the game will time-out

KNOWN ISSUES
Localization missing in a few menus where text is displayed in English.
Unsupported Gamepads causing crashing on Android
I was playing terraria mobile and was doing the lunar pillar events and during the vortex pillar when the shield was going down the game froze but a copy of something that looks like the effect of the shield moved around and then the game turned into a purple screen with all ui elements as pink boxes

I was playing terraria mobile and was doing the lunar pillar events and during the vortex pillar when the shield was going down the game froze but a copy of something that looks like the effect of the shield moved around and then the game turned into a purple screen with all ui elements as pink boxes

Device? Did you grab a screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom