tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought for future development-

Fortunately both Metroid and Terraria have a "one character, many worlds" setup so theoretically using an item in the main world could trigger a script that generates a new world; separate from normal worldgen with it's own biomes, dungeon and boss. That would be a very effective way of separating the Terraria from the Metroid.

Fortunately both Metroid and Terraria have a "one character, many worlds" setup so theoretically using an item in the main world could trigger a script that generates a new world; separate from normal worldgen with it's own biomes, dungeon and boss. That would be a very effective way of separating the Terraria from the Metroid.
You don’t want to separate the Terraria from the Metroid tho. This is the terraria Metroid mod after all.

Oh definitely. This mod is absolutely going to be its own content mod. As much as I love Thorium or Calamity, they are unworthy compared to this.

Why? Theming. Immersion is important. If there were a wave bank that is relevant during the playthrough, I'd be all over that as well.

So, question! What will the early game be like? How long will it be until we can construct a power suit? ... or find or craft the morph ball ability?

What will the Zero Suit Samus concept be like? ... if there is one. Immersion-wise, we'd start off as ZSS.
At this current time, I've no real plans to add the Zero Suit, outside of it possibly being a vanity set. Though I may introduce it in the future as an actual set of some sorts, especially since I get a lot of requests for it, but I have to figure out its implementation in terms of balance.

The first mod armor set available will be Chozite Armor, which is a crude set of armor just a little better than Gold/Platinum armor. Using the spoils from the Torizo will allow you to make Energy Tanks, which are crafting components to turn Chozite Armor into the Power Suit, which is basically on the same tier as Shadow Armor (Energy Tanks may require Demonite and/or Shadow Scales to craft--and the Crimson variants apply as well).

I'm not exactly 100% certain of what you mean, but I think I get the gist of it. Are you talking about a form of traveling to other planets, implemented in a way by simply selecting newly generated worlds? If so, that's definitely something worth putting thought into.

I'm not exactly 100% certain of what you mean, but I think I get the gist of it. Are you talking about a form of traveling to other planets, implemented in a way by simply selecting newly generated worlds? If so, that's definitely something worth putting thought into.

You indeed get the gist of it.

Similar to what I found here: Parallel World

It appears the mod author found a way to make a separate worldgen - in this case 100% jungle biome.

Cramming SR388, Phaaze, Dark Aether, Talon IV, Bryyo and twenty other planets into one game world is doable for now, but once the mod gets far enough to specify biomes like Norfair and Phendrana Drifts it would be nice to have missions to those planets. Won't need to worry about all that unless the mod wants to go into the 'total conversion' category.

Is this mod released yet, if so, what's it called? I would absolutely love to see my two favorite games collide into an epic gaming experience. Great work, the mod looks AWESOME! :)

By saying happy 4/20, you're also saying happy birthday because coincidentally, my birthday is on 4/20. Although since I live in Brazil its more so 20/4 but... shhh
My friend's is also on 20/4. Mine is 29/4, nice. We will have two awesome presents soon. :D<3

:rslime: :rslime::rslime::rslime::kingslime::rslime::rslime::rslime::rslime:
Happy birthday Eduardokirbyfun
:gslime::bluslime::yslime::pslime::bslime::islime::lslime::cslime::sslime:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom