tModLoader Orion Mod: Throwing Class Expansion

M10-Dru

Pixel Pirate
Introduction
icon.png
Hello everyone! You may remember the old "Nightmare Mod" that added hard mode throwing items. This is a revival of that mod that I've been working on for a few days now (the original author, Elias, is my friend irl and he sent me his source code), but with a few different tweaks. Download on the Mod Browser! I've also included a world file with all the items here on this post.
1588228044529.png

Content
Dark Set.png

Pre-hard mode armor and weapon that also gives mana buffs
Dropped by Dark Mage

Anubis Set.png

Early hard mode armor and accessories
Egyptian fragments are dropped by basilisks, used to craft Electrum bars

Shark Set.png

Hard mode armor and accessories
Crafted with Shark Fins (give shark fins to the guide)

Hallow Set.png

Mid hard mode armor and weapons
Crafted with Hallow Bars

Eclipse Set.png

Mid to Late hard mode armor and weapons
Randomly dropped by Mothron

Hadeflame Set.png

Late hard mode armor and weapons
Hadeflame is dropped by Red Devils. Combine with Chlorophyte to craft Hadeflame Bars

Orion Set.png

Endgame hard mode armor and weapons
Orion Fragments are dropped by the new Orion Pillar
Changed several recipes using fragments to include the Orion Fragments

Deadpool Set.png

Jack of all trades armor with heavy emphasis on life regen
Crafted with weird spandex (give Hadeflame to the guide)

Miscellaneous Items.png

Fossil Shuriken
-crafted with shuriken and souls of night

Exploive Kunai
-crafted with bone throwing knives, grenades, and souls of light

Dragon Knife
-crafted with bone throwing knives, bones, and souls of night

PrimeSaw
-Crafted with Souls of Fright and Hallowed Bars

Devil Arm
-dropped by Hell Armored Bones

Typhoon Shuriken
-randomly dropped by Duke Fishron

Martian Needle
-dropped during the Martian Madness event

Hand of the Pumpkin King
-dropped by the Pumpking

True Copper Shortsword
-crafted using broken hero sword and copper shortsword

Brain of Aggression
-crafted with Brain of Confusion
-brain of Confusion sucks tbh

Rose Metal Necklace
-crafted with the Electrum Bar accessories, Hadeflame, and a Jungle Rose
-A lot of increased throwing stats

OrionPillar.png

The throwing pillar, spawns at the center of the world upon killing the Lunatic Cultist
Drops Orion Fragments

SC3.png
SC2.png

SC4.png
SC1.png

SC6.png
SC7.png

SC5.png

Future Plans
Orion Dye
More pre-hardmode throwing items
Random Content

1588228098068.png
Special Thanks:
The creators of Tmodloader for making this mod possible
@--Elias-- for laying the groundwork for the mod (even though he quit playing Terraria now)
@Kazzymodus for help with shaders
The creators of all the open source tmodlaoder mods on GitHub for using their code as reference

Other stuff:
Link to Elias' old mod
Open Source Github mods
World download:

Attachments

• ThrowingMod World v1.0.2.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 443
Last edited:
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS! FINALLY! Nightmare was one of my favourite mods! I am really glad, that it is alive again! But will you add some non-throwing stuff from Nightmare too? Like those vanities, pets (I liked that egyptian pet and wyvern pet), universal armor set and weapons (I really liked the idea of ultimate set for every class), deadpool weapons, broom mount and powerful swords? That would be awesome! Also, will you add shredding set? It was good because of knockback immunity, which allowed me to switch my obsidian shield with something more powerful, and claws were just a really interesting idea. AGAIN, I AM GLAD, THAT THIS MOD IS ALIVE AGAIN!!! HOORAY!

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS! FINALLY! Nightmare was one of my favourite mods! I am really glad, that it is alive again! But will you add some non-throwing stuff from Nightmare too? Like those vanities, pets (I liked that egyptian pet and wyvern pet), universal armor set and weapons (I really liked the idea of ultimate set for every class), deadpool weapons, broom mount and powerful swords? That would be awesome! Also, will you add shredding set? It was good because of knockback immunity, which allowed me to switch my obsidian shield with something more powerful, and claws were just a really interesting idea. AGAIN, I AM GLAD, THAT THIS MOD IS ALIVE AGAIN!!! HOORAY!
Yes! I do eventually plan to slowly add back all the previous content in the game. I have other plans for the shred armor, so I may just add the no knockback to a previous armor set :)

Yes! I do eventually plan to slowly add back all the previous content in the game. I have other plans for the shred armor, so I may just add the no knockback to a previous armor set :)
That's good!

By the way, are you planning on making Thorium compatibility (Unconsumable throwing weapons will have exhaustion mechanic)? That may be pretty nice addition for people, who decide to use both of mods.

That's good!

By the way, are you planning on making Thorium compatibility (Unconsumable throwing weapons will have exhaustion mechanic)? That may be pretty nice addition for people, who decide to use both of mods.
Oh, right now I want the mod to be stand alone and ideally fit seamlessly with vanilla Terraria. So right now my priorities will be optimizations and balancing (Throwing might be too OP as of now) :)

Oh, right now I want the mod to be stand alone and ideally fit seamlessly with vanilla Terraria. So right now my priorities will be optimizations and balancing (Throwing might be too OP as of now) :)
Ok. I undestand. By the way, maybe if you want to add more random content, you should rename this mod. Because people may want to download "Endgame Thrower" mod only for endgame throwing gear. Maybe even something like "Nightmare Reborned" or something like that.
Also, maybe you should add a new thrower armor set for pre-hardmode as well? Because right now, Fossil Armor is the best pre-hardmode throwing armor, and compared to other ones (except summoner's bee armor) it is pretty weak. I remember , that there was Dragon Bone material in Nightmare, which dropped from Bone Serpents, so maybe you should something like add Dragon Bone armor? As a set bonus, it may throw some bones, when you take damage (and it will fit the Bone Glove, which is one of the best throwing weapons in Terraria).

Oh I am stoked! What a surprise this is! I have a real softspot for the bastard-child damage class of relogic and love seeing it expanded
My only feedback atm is the mod should have a better name, this name doesn't really reflect the mod's content too well since it does add earier game throwing gear

New update is up on the mod browser!

V 1.0.2
-Added new Sharksteel armor set, a new hard mode throwing set.
-Changed the Anubis so that it's not too similar to the forbidden set.
-Moved the Dark set to pre hard mode, now dropped by the Dark Mage instead of being crafted.
-Added banners for Orion Pillar enemies.
-Changed the name of the mod to be more distinct :)

SC6.png

Last edited:
All of this is great. I love the sprites, references (including the Shark set referencing a certain bad:red: fish), I like the Orion pillar, the armor and weapons, everything. I really think this mod could rise in popularity, and I hope it gets updated to add more stuff outside of the Throwing class too. :)

New update is out
V 1.0.3
-Made the Orion Pillar Sky a little bit prettier
-Made a few mibor resprites
-Fixed the Orion Monolith item placing Orion Fragment Tiles instead of the Monolith Itself

hey uh... you realize no one is gonna craft the Anubis Set right?
it costs a whopping 322 souls of night to make, holy :red: man

EDIT: Advice: remove the souls off the bar's crafting recipe and make all the items that you craft with them only craftable at hardmode anvils and furnaces

Light/Night Souls, like Fragments, are :red: to farm, granted you can fish up crates that have them, but when you have alot of other mods contesting for fishing rights, it just doesn't happen

hey uh... you realize no one is gonna craft the Anubis Set right?
it costs a whopping 322 souls of night to make, holy :red: man

EDIT: Advice: remove the souls off the bar's crafting recipe and make all the items that you craft with them only craftable at hardmode anvils and furnaces

Light/Night Souls, like Fragments, are :red: to farm, granted you can fish up crates that have them, but when you have alot of other mods contesting for fishing rights, it just doesn't happen
Oh, I didn't realize the souls were needed for the bars themselves. They were supposed to be for when crafting the armor itself. Fixed, thanks :)

V 1.0.4
-Changed Anubis set requiring 322 souls of night to only 15 instead.
-Added the shred armor set (from the Nightmare mod) as a pre-hardmode armor set, crafted with iron and spikes.
-Some minor weapon rebalancing.

There is a huge issue. When I load up my world the Orion pillar appears with no bar. This is after you trigger the lunar event when all of the pillars are defeated. I decided to fight the pillar and defeated it and wait a bit then save and reloaded it and now it's gone.

Last edited:
There is a huge issue. When I load up my world the Orion pillar appears with no bar. This is after you trigger the lunar event when all of the pillars are defeated. I decided to fight the pillar and defeated it and wait a bit then save and reloaded it and now it's gone.
Hm? What do you mean by "appears with no bar"? I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant, could you be more specific?

Back
Top Bottom