tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Ok, It's Pretty Funny But I'll Send It To You Later On Afternoon Cause I Need To Wait A Guardian To Have A Birhtday Hehe... :)
Oh no, what have you done?

@topic Well, remember that update I released earlier this day? Well... Hotfix launched!
Guardians at Friendship level 0 will unlock quests easier and faster now, If you lost their first request attempt.
Vladimir is now able to hug you when you have multiple guardians following you.
He will also speak sometimes if you keep the dialogue window opened.​
Fixed head vanity placement on Mabel's head.
Guardians can now idle If you are mounted on them, and you give them the order to Take Control.
Guardians will now check if other guardian isn't using a furniture before trying to use them.
//Possibly fixed a bug that caused guardians to freak out when there were platforms in their way. --This change wont be seen in effect, because the system related to it was disabled at the end of the patch note.
Vladimir's NPC Idle AI is triggered when hugging someone.
Guardians no longer leave furnitures when the day changes to night and vice versa.
I've disabled the addition of checking for openings when the guardian is walking, because It was causing them to spazm when over platforms due to the pitfall checking AI.
That will result into guardians bumping on walls when in their Idle AI.​
Beside the most required fixes the update brings, It also improved a lot Vladimir interactions.

Also, sorry about disabling the opening check of the guardians, but there were a bug where they could flip left or right when moving around a platform when near the edge of one, and that is a very unpleasant thing.

Edit:. This is actually a little extra.
During the making of the 36.4.3 update, I were having problems making the formula to check if the monster is in the attack range of the guardian, then I had the idea of taking a photo of my character by the side of my guardian, and use It to clear the confusion when making the formula.

Here is the image with the solution I found:
EWLNFKeXsAA7BtR

Yep, It worked.

Last edited:
For Some Reason It Remembered Me To My Little Ponny XD
Yes, it was a reference to that. As my intention. Now to think of it, maybe this mod needs a pony too, which would make more sense when you ride on it.

Vladimir: "*Do you want a hug? I can give you as many hugs you may want, I don't mind.*"
Leopold:" No thanks, no, no god please no !"

You can't lie to me ,the new guardian is acutally the overweight (plus sized if you prefer) version of mabel. (After her failure at north pole, she really let herself go. Rumor has it that she's a wrestler now.)

Yes, it was a reference to that. As my intention. Now to think of it, maybe this mod needs a pony too, which would make more sense when you ride on it.

Leopold:" No thanks, no, no god please no !"

You can't lie to me ,the new guardian is acutally the overweight (plus sized if you prefer) version of mabel. (After her failure at north pole, she really let herself go. Rumor has it that she's a wrestler now.)
That wouldn't be really good, unless you want to make the developer puke.

The difference between Vlad and Mabel, is the rate of making others uncomfortable, the weight on that matter is very inclined to her side.

Edit:. Added Vladimir to the popularity contest, you can edit your vote to give him your vote if you want.

Little reminder, the month is coming to an end, be sure to vote before It ends.

To put my boring jokes aside. In fact i was really surpriesd that you added a new guardian, or maybe even still planning to add more? No clue. Thought you wouldn't add more since there are already plenty. I was wrong, again.

P.S. Not really get what you mean there, it's like we are talking through parallel universes, now i don't even know what i meant in the first place. Next time i'll cut my sentence short to prevent misinformation, from 15 years to 10 years.

Right, might add something when i'm active on the forum page, in game you can still see the call assist button in guardian menu with Vlad(Seriously, it's so typical to give a bear slavic name), i didn't press it of course, though the name is greyed out, it's still wierd. Am i calling him from the future? Or is it pre-order.

And a wild thought, i installed a application called "run as date" a few months back for other things, i wonder what would happen if open terraria with that thing and set the time to May or maybe even december to test new christmas hat as well, would vlad be available? Hehe nah i'm not gonna do that.

Last edited:
To put my boring jokes aside. In fact i was really surpriesd that you added a new guardian, or maybe even still planning to add more? No clue. Thought you wouldn't add more since there are already plenty. I was wrong, again.

P.S. Not really get what you mean there, it's like we are talking through parallel universes, now i don't even know what i meant in the first place. Next time i'll cut my sentence short to prevent misinformation, from 15 years to 10 years.
I'm not planning on stopping.

Just counting though:
  1. I'll need to make a system to allow me to easily create and add Terrarian companions to the mod.
  2. There is a Panther guardian on hold, she only has the standing sprite right now.
  3. There is a crazy guardian a player gave an idea for, It's one pig guardian that has 4 fragments of themselves based on different emotions, that needs to be merged together. Crazy, isn't?
  4. A goblin companion which can turn into a werewolf at night.
  5. A Shroomitaur.
  6. A Gryphon and a Dragon guardian.
I guess that's all for now. The enumeration doesn't mean the order I'll have to get into it, though.
Right, might add something when i'm active on the forum page, in game you can still see the call assist button in guardian menu with Vlad(Seriously, it's so typical to give a bear slavic name), i didn't press it of course, though the name is greyed out, it's still wierd. Am i calling him from the future? Or is it pre-order.

And a wild thought, i installed a application called "run as date" a few months back for other things, i wonder what would happen if open terraria with that thing and set the time to May or maybe even december to test new christmas hat as well, would vlad be available? Hehe nah i'm not gonna do that.
No no no, you can still call him and still make him live on your world. The problem is that I added a cap of a maximum of 10 companions living in the world, to avoid resource problems with the game. Each companion living in the world means 1 less npc slot that can be used by Terraria. Depending on the mods you use, or the monster you face (like the Destroyer) that may cause problems. Also, It helps a bit to control how much resource the mod will use from the pc, even more if It's low end (beside wont be of much help, since you can still call companions that can't live in the world, then what I just said went down the drain).

Kay, i see , the guardians on schedule are ... , how can i describe it, hmm, "exotic ?", you have fun there, especially the pig guardian, i understand every word you say, and i don't think i understand any of it. Good luck of that, you sure that palyer gave you ideas wasn't high?
I'm very looking forward to the griffin the panther and dragon guardian, wonder how they walk and act, since there is only one guardian walking with all his feet on the ground. To think about it, kinda strange, all animals are walking like man, but Alex is still behaving like a normal dog, maybe it's because he's not from the ether realm? Was he? And how is he forty years old anyway? What kind of dog is this? Did i read it wrong? I want my dog to live forty years too, damn, i thought it's a calculation thing you know like 1 year equals to 7, then i checked upon bree, and she's only like, four, i was shocked(amusingly).

About Vlad. There was something in the chat said wait until May, so i thought i wouldn't be able to do that because of that. Now i know there is a restriction anyway, sounds reasonable indeed. Was starting to worry about the performance issue myself. So far so good. I don't know how you gonna introduce Vlad into the game, maybe in the snow, hunting rabbits, but in terraria, no rabbits in the snow, only penguins, so he got nothing to eat, the more i write it, the more i feel like he's turning into a polar bear in my head. Maybe i can dye it, i mean, him, himit. Speaking of dye, why can i only dye sardine's nose(or eyes?), perhaps bree is the same as well, bug or cats really hate dyes?

Kay, i see , the guardians on schedule are ... , how can i describe it, hmm, "exotic ?", you have fun there, especially the pig guardian, i understand every word you say, and i don't think i understand any of it. Good luck of that, you sure that palyer gave you ideas wasn't high?
I'm very looking forward to the griffin the panther and dragon guardian, wonder how they walk and act, since there is only one guardian walking with all his feet on the ground. To think about it, kinda strange, all animals are walking like man, but Alex is still behaving like a normal dog, maybe it's because he's not from the ether realm? Was he? And how is he forty years old anyway? What kind of dog is this? Did i read it wrong? I want my dog to live forty years too, damn, i thought it's a calculation thing you know like 1 year equals to 7, then i checked upon bree, and she's only like, four, i was shocked(amusingly).

About Vlad. There was something in the chat said wait until May, so i thought i wouldn't be able to do that because of that. Now i know there is a restriction anyway, sounds reasonable indeed. Was starting to worry about the performance issue myself. So far so good. I don't know how you gonna introduce Vlad into the game, maybe in the snow, hunting rabbits, but in terraria, no rabbits in the snow, only penguins, so he got nothing to eat, the more i write it, the more i feel like he's turning into a polar bear in my head. Maybe i can dye it, i mean, him, himit. Speaking of dye, why can i only dye sardine's nose(or eyes?), perhaps bree is the same as well, bug or cats really hate dyes?
Well, the player even made sketchs for each mood fragment and the final guardian. And I accepted because of how complex and ambitious It is.
Alex's case... I didn't really developed his plot yet. Actually, his story goes around him and his old owner, so I never really thought about why he is like that, but I'm pretty sure I can make up something for the plot on future guardian characters. Beside I have an idea of how a number of them will be, I have on my mind ideas of what future guardians may end up being too.

Actually, the message you saw in the chat contains a timer that tells the number of days until Terraria update release day:
Code:
"With Terraria 1.4 just "+DaysCounter+" days away, Vladimir is being given away until then."
^ That is the message you saw on the chat.
As for Vlad recruitment, that is actually a good idea, I'm pretty sure he would be willing to join your town if you bring him a Salmon or more.

As for the dyes, Sardine's fur is mostly black, so dyes that doesn't have any special effect will have the change barelly visible.
Hey So Here Is The Bug I Don't Want That You Fix Cause Its Like "useful" :)

Eh, that's one bug that makes me very worried.
Birthday parties aren't intended to be farmed, so no wonder they only happen every 32 Terraria days.

The only reason why that bug happens is because the mod requires the time to be exactly at 4:30 am to count as day change.

Eh, that's one bug that makes me very worried.
Birthday parties aren't intended to be farmed, so no wonder they only happen every 32 Terraria days.

The only reason why that bug happens is because the mod requires the time to be exactly at 4:30 am to count as day change.
Yes that bug i encountered as well, i installed a mod to sleep through nights when blood moon occured to save time, and when it's someone's birthday, it loops. Forgot to bring it. So, if i use vanilla item like enchanted sundial it would happen as well? If so then that's a bug you must fix.

Yes that bug i encountered as well, i installed a mod to sleep through nights when blood moon occured to save time, and when it's someone's birthday, it loops. Forgot to bring it. So, if i use vanilla item like enchanted sundial it would happen as well? If so then that's a bug you must fix.
Sundial doesn't triggers the bug, because the day change resets exactly at 4:30am. The sundial ends the day change at exactly that moment.

Sundial doesn't triggers the bug, because the day change resets exactly at 4:30am. The sundial ends the day change at exactly that moment.
I don't know if that's the case, the mod i'm using change the time to 4:30 as well, the difference is however (i'm only guessing here) the way sundial works is it fast-forwards time, on the other hand maybe the modded items don't really push the time forward, they just force the time to be at 4:30, so it's still the same day.(Maybe even depends on what time you are using the item). And that's why it's causing the bug. Again, pure irresponsible guessing. Bite me if i'm wrong.
Thorium and Fargo both have this kind of sundial thingy, before the actual patch i guess i will test those items. See how that works.

I don't know if that's the case, the mod i'm using change the time to 4:30 as well, the difference is however (i'm only guessing here) the way sundial works is it fast-forwards time, on the other hand maybe the modded items don't really push the time forward, they just force the time to be at 4:30, so it's still the same day.(Maybe even depends on what time you are using the item). And that's why it's causing the bug. Again, pure irresponsible guessing. Bite me if i'm wrong.
Thorium and Fargo both have this kind of sundial thingy, before the actual patch i guess i will test those items. See how that works.
Actually, I checked the codes of the birthday... The birthday checking is tied to the time of existence of the guardian. The time of existence is related to the speed the time is passing on the world. Due to the fact those items abruptly changes the day to night and vice versa, It literally "bugs" their age checker, so you may pass several in-game days by using such items, and the guardian will still have It's birthday party happening.

Yep, that means my initial theory was wrong, the item is really setting the time to 4:30am, and is triggering the birthday.

Literally, your guardian isn't growing older, you're just extorting them instead.

Actually, I checked the codes of the birthday... The birthday checking is tied to the time of existence of the guardian. The time of existence is related to the speed the time is passing on the world. Due to the fact those items abruptly changes the day to night and vice versa, It literally "bugs" their age checker, so you may pass several in-game days by using such items, and the guardian will still have It's birthday party happening.

Yep, that means my initial theory was wrong, the item is really setting the time to 4:30am, and is triggering the birthday.

Literally, your guardian isn't growing older, you're just extorting them instead.
Then it must be hard to deal with, without revamping the birthday checking it seems impossible, but again, even if you manage to take care of the time checking problem, people can still use these items to fast-forward time and the result would be the same, only less efficient. I'm speechless now, however, i doesn't really hurt that much, since player can always choose not to cheat on guardians and use them as easy incomes, i said i've encountered this myself and i had never once used it to my advantage. It's a matter of choice to be honest, there are tons of ways to cheat.
Or , maybe you just happened to be smart enough to deal with this shenanigan. I don't have much hope, i'm pessimistic and depressed. I blame you, it' all your fault.
Seriously, best wishes.

Unrelated: Leopold's bunny hopping skill performs best when jumping off cliffs, looks like a divekick. And are you planning on adding more magic users? Right now it's only, only only only on...

Then it must be hard to deal with, without revamping the birthday checking it seems impossible, but again, even if you manage to take care of the time checking problem, people can still use these items to fast-forward time and the result would be the same, only less efficient. I'm speechless now, however, i doesn't really hurt that much, since player can always choose not to cheat on guardians and use them as easy incomes, i said i've encountered this myself and i had never once used it to my advantage. It's a matter of choice to be honest, there are tons of ways to cheat.
Or , maybe you just happened to be smart enough to deal with this shenanigan. I don't have much hope, i'm pessimistic and depressed. I blame you, it' all your fault.
Seriously, best wishes.

Unrelated: Leopold's bunny hopping skill performs best when jumping off cliffs, looks like a divekick. And are you planning on adding more magic users? Right now it's only, only only only on...
Uh... Thanks...?
Actually, both the Birthday and request systems needs revamp. Maybe that will be when the problem will be half a problem. But just thinking about the possibility that I could make so each guardian could grow older with that bug... Well, the current bug isn't that bad. Wonder If I added aging to the mod? People would abuse the bug until the guardian turned to dust Hahaha. (Yeah, feel guilty people who are abusing the bug)

The Panther guardian is planned to be another magic user somewhat, but just like as I said... Well... Nevermind, you'll probably ignore what I say anyway. Beside, If I tell how to play the mod, I will be breaking your freedom, so better I hush about this and let you play the mod anyway you want (that doesn't kind of include the bugs but whatever). :)

Uh... Thanks...?
Actually, both the Birthday and request systems needs revamp. Maybe that will be when the problem will be half a problem. But just thinking about the possibility that I could make so each guardian could grow older with that bug... Well, the current bug isn't that bad. Wonder If I added aging to the mod? People would abuse the bug until the guardian turned to dust Hahaha. (Yeah, feel guilty people who are abusing the bug)

The Panther guardian is planned to be another magic user somewhat, but just like as I said... Well... Nevermind, you'll probably ignore what I say anyway. Beside, If I tell how to play the mod, I will be breaking your freedom, so better I hush about this and let you play the mod anyway you want (that doesn't kind of include the bugs but whatever). :)
Uhh... You are... Welcome...?
That IS a brilliant idea, thanks satan.

The reason other guardians can't really be mages is they only have very little mana, and not like players they tend to use their magic weapons non-stop, maybe i can give them mana flower and butt load of mana potions, now i'm curious, does the mana potion auto-usage applies to guardians as well? Or do they even use mana potions? I had given leopold many mana potions and he never really uses them. Good thing i get mana stars drop from monsters and the effect is being shared among all guardians.

Another thing, in guardian skill stats you can see there is leadership stat which implies to summon class, how does one guardian use summon weapons anyway? Do they even know when to stop and when to start? Never really dared to test it myself, and since there is no summoner guardians currently. Care to answer? There are so many doubts about it, like can they all summon their individual summons? How they summon pets like stardust dragon?

Uhh... You are... Welcome...?
That IS a brilliant idea, thanks satan.

The reason other guardians can't really be mages is they only have very little mana, and not like players they tend to use their magic weapons non-stop, maybe i can give them mana flower and butt load of mana potions, now i'm curious, does the mana potion auto-usage applies to guardians as well? Or do they even use mana potions? I had given leopold many mana potions and he never really uses them. Good thing i get mana stars drop from monsters and the effect is being shared among all guardians.

Another thing, in guardian skill stats you can see there is leadership stat which implies to summon class, how does one guardian use summon weapons anyway? Do they even know when to stop and when to start? Never really dared to test it myself, and since there is no summoner guardians currently. Care to answer? There are so many doubts about it, like can they all summon their individual summons? How they summon pets like stardust dragon?
Well, at least isn't snapping fingers.

Well... What you say is invalid because of a thing: Mana regen is currently broken. For some reason, I made Blue never need to use mana potion due to some accessory she's using, so she never runs out of mana when using spells. Of course I'll fix that bug in the future, but for now...
And I think that the mana flower is currently a bit broken, but that is because of the AI of the guardian, good thing that you remembered me of It. I will have to add a condition to check if the guardian has it and mana potions, before It enters the spell casting cooldown.

The guardians are intended to be able to use summon weapons, but due to the way summons are programmed, I'm finding problems trying to make the mod differentiate player summons and guardian summons. The result is that either those guardian summons affects the player summon count, and the guardian possibly ends up having only one summon.

You can still force the guardian to level up Leadership, but you need to directly control it, and make it use a summon weapon.

One of the lines for Brutus could use adjustment.

"Does your world have some kind of ruler? Are you some kind of ruler? Or do your people live free?"

or maybe

"Does your world have some kind of ruler? Are you the ruler? Or do your people live free?"

🤔 We should probably post our thoughts on these things more often.
There is a good reason why he asked that, he came from a place that had a king.
In Terraria... Well... Just talk to the npcs, they treat you like a random person, so you aren't a king. And I doubt that they are your tenants either, beside the Tax Collector gives you their rent... Up to 10 golds.

Edit:. I also adjusted his dialogue, though. I used the first one to give some air of uncertainty about what you are.

The guardians are intended to be able to use summon weapons, but due to the way summons are programmed, I'm finding problems trying to make the mod differentiate player summons and guardian summons. The result is that either those guardian summons affects the player summon count, and the guardian possibly ends up having only one summon.
My own opinion, you can get rid of the summon skill completely and it will be no problem at all, no one would use that anyway, and from your words i can see it's just like what i thought, guardians' summons affect player's summon counts as well. And the other usability of the skill is no good too, might just strip it. No point of "fixing it" when that's not really a problem of your own.

Oh and the mana thing, thanks for answering, i was still stacking mana potions into leopold's inventory, now i can stop. And what is guardians' spells? thought they gonna learn something at a certain point, yet no, nothing. Do i need to get something for them? I don't know, and their private storage i guess it's a friendship thing.

Never enough questions when you have limited knowledge reserve, but it's better than not willing to know at all.

Oh, it's not like I think he should say something else. I know nothing about the guardians' realm. I'm just offering spellcheck thoughts and such.

Also I finally noticed how I'm supposed to deal with Domino. A certain someone had a request, so I called them over while I was talking to him, and things started up. I love how that bit happened.
It's just for information, though.

And I'm pretty sure Domino's thankful for showing him that It's safe for him to do deals on your world.
Damn, he really needs to import his products, his stock sucks.
My own opinion, you can get rid of the summon skill completely and it will be no problem at all, no one would use that anyway, and from your words i can see it's just like what i thought, guardians' summons affect player's summon counts as well. And the other usability of the skill is no good too, might just strip it. No point of "fixing it" when that's not really a problem of your own.

Oh and the mana thing, thanks for answering, i was still stacking mana potions into leopold's inventory, now i can stop. And what is guardians' spells? thought they gonna learn something at a certain point, yet no, nothing. Do i need to get something for them? I don't know, and their private storage i guess it's a friendship thing.

Never enough questions when you have limited knowledge reserve, but it's better than not willing to know at all.
Nah... Let them summon.

All I can say is "upcoming". And I say upcoming because I didn't even begun the system. Well, partially begun. If you notice, Vladimir kind of makes use of that when he's not in your team, but the final system will work differently.

I don't see the problem with that, you're talking to the database of the mod anyway (Even more since there is no wiki or anything).

Back
Top Bottom