Standalone [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

"double Alt+Tab " bring "back" the desktop resolution - was is NOT always the prefered resolution - by me my desktop is 4k - not an resolution i would play terraria ....
please "think" before posting ....even a little ..............................

btw. -> it looks tML64 opens in fullscreen ALWAYS to desktop resolution (be my,as said, 4k ...) and scale the game then ... one simply answer why my performance with tML64 is more bad as with tML (default) - with the same settings ..... would be nice to explain from the devs why ...............................................................
edit -> it looks the default tML opens the screen as it should, in the correct resolution (like vanilla terraria ..)

Last edited:
"double Alt+Tab " bring "back" the desktop resolution - was is NOT always the prefered resolution - by me my desktop is 4k - not an resolution i would play terraria ....
please "think" before posting ....even a little ..............................

btw. -> it looks tML64 opens in fullscreen ALWAYS to desktop resolution (be my,as said, 4k ...) and scale the game then ... one simply answer why my performance with tML64 is more bad as with tML (default) - with the same settings ..... would be nice to explain from the devs why ...............................................................
edit -> it looks the default tML opens the screen as it should, in the correct resolution (like vanilla terraria ..)
If you want an honest answer, I honestly don't know. At this point I'm pretty much convinced that the res stuff is unfixable because of how terraria is poorly coded (and I am not joking on taking, even rewritting that method entirely didn't work). Also do note that 64bit require more power than the regular tML.

i say not that 64bit IF i get over the 32bit limit req "not" more power - more stuff > more power needed <edited to clarify>
But as actual CPUs 64bit - processing an 32bit or an 64bit code should at best give no decline in speed - it should even give more speed as 64bit operations can calculate native..
It is no wonder - if the render output frame is first buffered and then scaled to the target screen size it costs ALL TIME power .... and even more if the target screen size is bigger as the render output frame (FullHD render Frame to 4k Screen size - 4 times the data)
I am back to the default tML version - as i dont need the more RAM the 64bit version offer - and the strange render/screen-handling behavor dont make things better ...
from render<>CPU usage to quality of the gfx if it rescaled (un-needed ....) [have thinked the 64bit version make things "faster" - not the opposite - under same mods as on the 32bit version...]

Last edited:
There are some graphical glitches that happen quite often, is there any way to fix those?, along with the game always starting in 800x600 for me.

i've gotten an issue. im trying to host a server via tmodloaderserver.exe and it works, but when my friend tries to join it gets stuck at connecting...
specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Xeon X3470 @ 2.93GHz
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P7H55 (LGA1156)
Graphics
Acer V226HQL (1920x1080@59Hz)
VX912-3 (1280x1024@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group)
Storage
465GB Hitachi HGST HTS545050A7E680 ATA Device (SATA )
223GB Western Digital WDC WDS240G2G0B-00EPW0 ATA Device (SATA (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

worked fine with 32bit version but stopped working when 64bit. otherwise the game get stuck for a bit when starting up (previously commented). other than those problems it works fine

Attachments

• mod list.PNG
    mod list.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 122
I have succesfully been using Tmodloader for a couple weeks now, i came across the 64bit version and decided to give that a try.
Although I have one small yet big problem. I am locked at the default 800x600 resolution..I have tried changing it from both game settings and the config file and it for some reason reverts to normal after relaunching the game. I can change it and play with it fine but upon closing/reopening game,it goes back to 800x600.
Now,i only messed around with it for like 10-15mins or so,but found that the only way for me to get it to STAY on the choosen res,is to be in window mode. Any thoughts/input?

I know this has been mentioned multiple times and hopefully when 1.4 comes out, this is not a problem anymore, but my son stumbled on a quick solution that does not require you to enter the settings. after the game starts, while the mods are loading, just alt+tab out of the game then alt+tab back in and it will automatically fix the resolution to your native resolution. So, for anyone who is frustrated that TMLoader is not opening in the correct resolution, give this a try. Changing the settings every time you play is really annoying and this works for my son on his computer and for me.

hi, i have a question ... with 32bit tmodloader let me add worlds in Terraria folder called Worlds. So far so good, but when I installed tmodloader 64bit the folder did not exist. create the folder but still do not accept the world ... what should I do

For some reason when ever terraria (64 bit lite) is open its memory usage goes up in MASSIVE amounts and doesn't stop until closed or it crashes because theirs no memory left is their any way to fix this?

...my son stumbled on a quick solution that does not require you to enter the settings. after the game starts, while the mods are loading, just alt+tab out of the game then alt+tab back in and it will automatically fix the resolution to your native resolution...
Wow, that works!

Thank you 🍻

Is there way to run 64bit terraria with terracustom bc it keeps saying i've runned outta ram.
When you run TerraCustom that is essentially the terraria executable. Whether you normally play with the main trunk tModLoader or the 64 bit fork, it shouldn't matter as neither of those are being loaded when you run TerraCustom.

If you are getting an out of memory error from TerraCustom I would suggest trying to close as many other programs as possible to free up as much RAM as you can. Alternately, or possibly in addition, you can try adjusting how much harddrive space is allocated for virtual memory.

normal terraria is 32 bit and 32 bit process can only use up to 4 gbs of ram and i have 32 gbs of total ram. SO running out of ram is not possible
see.PNG

Last edited:
So everytime I start up terraria TML 64bit when it's initializing the mods FPS go straight down and then minutes later it freezing but it still initializing the mods slowly and freezing how do I get rid of this problem?

Any idea what am i doing wrong?
View attachment 271263
Are you attempting to run 1.4 with Tmodloader? If so, then that's the issue, Tmodloader(32bit or 64bit) isn't compatible with Terraria 1.4. If you downloader Tmodloader from Steam and replaced the Tmodloader Steam with Tmodloader 64bit, that won't work either. You need @Dradonhunter11 to update his Tmodloader branch first before you can do anything.

Are you attempting to run 1.4 with Tmodloader? If so, then that's the issue, Tmodloader(32bit or 64bit) isn't compatible with Terraria 1.4. If you downloader Tmodloader from Steam and replaced the Tmodloader Steam with Tmodloader 64bit, that won't work either. You need @Dradonhunter11 to update his Tmodloader branch first before you can do anything.
Yes, i tried to install 64bit version of tModLoader. Well, i'll wait for an update then, thanks for the reply

Yes, i tried to install 64bit version of tModLoader. Well, i'll wait for and update then, thanks for the reply
No problem. Just to give you a heads up, it maybe a while before Tmodloader(32 or 64) updates to work with 1.4. I'm talking months potentially a year. But @Dradonhunter11 is currently working on making his 64bit work. I'm not sure about the 32bit one though. To follow the progress you can go to his discord server which is linked in the OP of the thread.

Is there way to run 64bit terraria with terracustom bc it keeps saying i've runned outta ram.
I was experimenting with that a year back, trying to make a Multiplayer Modpack with the Corruption well away from the jungle. (Could never get a good world seed where the Corruption WASN'T in the Jungle, half the time worldgen would freeze b/c it was having trouble finding a spot for the Corruption that was far away from the Jungle, but not too close to world spawn.) I found that the Terracustom exe doesn't work well with the 64 bit patch b/c it's a 32 bit program, BUT if you have your 64bit modded files as your main Terraria folder, and have the Terracustom launcher in a backup vanilla Terraria folder in your Steam directory, it will work.

The only problem is that Terracustom won't be able to handle loading a mega modpack because its 32bit ram can't cut it, so ONLY have mods that affect worldgen for things such as biomes and ores. Utility mods and mods that only add weapons and mobs should be excluded while you're building a world. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom