tModLoader Storm's Additions Mod

The Storm

Golem
32T3wpo.gif
VnIGuN0.png
x4pNCYt.png
VnIGuN0.png
0PbHWSA.gif

This mod has been released for Tmodloader 1.4, click here to go to the steam page
Check out the Official wiki for more information
Join the Official Discord server for sneak peeks of new content

Storm's Additions Mod
(Formerly Storm Diver’s Additions Mod) is a mod that adds a range of new unique content to the game, with a total of over 300 items. It flushes out some vanilla item sets, and has many new unique sets spread across the entire game, along with many individual items obtained in their own way.

This mod includes:
Over 100 new unique weapons across all classes, including some minions and sentries
Over 40 new accessories, including new expert exclusive ones and some tinkers with vanilla accessories
15 new armour sets with unique set bonuses, some use a dedicated hotkey, make sure to set it in the controls (defaults to V)
27 new enemies across the game, with banners and bestiary entries
3 new bosses, one late pre hardmode, one tiered around Plantera, with a config to fight it in its place, and a secret post Moon Lord one
New Ammo, tools, potions, vanity items, and pets
A new member of the Frost Legion
The Cultist drops his treasure bag with some new items
Full Wikithis support
25 new Achievements avalible via the Achievement Mod

Quality of Life features:
New recipes and drops for certain uncraftable vanilla items, including the Rod of Discord, Snow and Gladiator armour, Chum caster, and even the Slime Staff
A special super dummy with multiple variants
Most NPCs sell their dropped weapon
A special Post Moon Lord miniboss that drops lunar fragments and luminite
An item that can remove the shields from the pillars
Generates additional Granite, Marble, and Mushroom chests in their respective biomes​

Creator, coder, and main spriter: TheStorm
Spriter and playtester: KittKatt
Some additional sprites by: Charley#0571

Also try out Storm's Tweaks Mod, makes a few small configurable changes to Terraria that may be useful; Steam Workshop::Storm's Tweaks Mod

32T3wpo.gif
Examples Of Mod Content
0PbHWSA.gif

20OpDRE.gif

ErE60po.gif

6V5Rtgq.gif

tbOUrdf.gif

XuD830N.gif

uPvFcCl.gif

ejAmMPu.gif

FIx15ZJ.gif
HdGrlDf.gif

Dot6qPI.gif

3EVL2pt.gif
lGP4PIj.gif

yY8ukTS.gif

9yOUy0w.gif
O9umzNl.gif

PGcmAFz.gif

2B38yb5.gif
JO0pLni.gif

Last edited:
Hello Derplings and Gentlemen, I hereby present my first ever mod for Terraria;

Zw0Lyz2.png
Storm Diver’s Additions and changes mod
Zw0Lyz2.png

Download latest release here

So what is this mod you ask? Well it’s a mod that adds in multiple of my own suggestions that I’ve made on these forums, including new weapons, items, crafting recipes and some vanilla changes.

Additions:
Weapons:
Melee:
The Vaporiser
NQBWdqf.png

Flail that inflicts on fire and the spikey ball can be thrown with right click. Crafted from souls of might

The Obliterator
8c12N2A.png

Chainsaw that fires mini destroyer heads at nearby enemies, crafted from souls of might.

Ancient Pike
A3yT4Fh.png

Spear that fires off damaging sand particles on each stab, crafted from Arid bars.

Derpling Sword
IEYnEKh.png

Sword that fires out mini Derpling heads every 3 swings, crafted from Derpling shells and Chlorophyte bars.

Turtle Pike
KQW3nhc.png

Spear that grants you extra defence when attacking enemies, while lowering the enemy defence, crafted from a Turtle shell and Chlorophyte bars

Giant Turtle Shell
J6SLv4P.png

Boomerang like weapon that breaks on enemy impact, 3 can be thrown at once with right click, crafted from a Turtle shell and Chlorophyte bars

The Spinning Tortoise
eBX6HbB.png

Yoyo that randomly fires out smaller yoyo heads, crafted from a Turtle shell and Chlorophyte bars

Beetle Lance
pXcLlVk.png

Spear that summons Beetles when used that home in on enemies, crafted from the Turtle Pike and Beetle husks

Giant Beetle Shell
uEdcgLo.png

Boomerang like weapon that breaks on enemy impact and summons beetles that home in on enemies, 4 can be thrown at once with right click, crafted from the Giant Turtle Shell and Beetle husks

The Thorax
LYoPvz9.png

Yoyo that summons beetles that home in on enemies, crafted from The Spinning Tortoise and Beetle husks

Ranged
Prototype Launcher
Gx51HDk.png

A grenade launcher found in dungeon chests with ammo, fires a burst of inaccurate prototype grenades that explode on impact. Can also be obtained from Golden lock boxes.

Cryo launcher
tD7bHV5.png

A grenade launcher that fires impact-exploding Cryo grenades which inflict frost burn. Crafted from Frost Bars

Cryo freezer
qlqeyMa.png

Flame thrower that fires out ice and inflicts frost burn and consumes gel, crafted from Frost Bars

Arid fury
SVZclZE.png

Converts all arrows into arid arrows that rand sand particles down on foes, crafted from Arid bars.

The Seeker
EcLYkLf.png

Special ranged weapon that uses seeker bolts which home in on enemies. Crafted from souls of sight.

Derpling Gun
n9k0BiG.png

Shotgun that fires a homing Derpling head every 4 shots, crafted from Derpling shells and Chlorophyte bars.

Shroomite Sharpshooter
dSyBhdQ.png

Automatic gun that creates a shield of mushrooms around you, crafted with Shroomite bars.

Shroomite Fury
BXaNmnD.png

Bow that fires out multiple inaccurate arrows, crafted with Shroomite bars.

Shroomite Repeater
uH3FfxT.png

Repeater that rapidly fires out arrows, crafted with Shroomite bars.

Shroomite Launcher
RMHLvks.png

Rocket launcher that converts rockets into Shroomite rockets which explode into multiple mushrooms. Also occasionally fires out Shroomite grenades, crafted with Shroomite bars.

Storm Diver Shotgun
52kwWb7.png

Rare drop from Storm Divers, functions like any other shotgun.

Vortex Launcher
kyI8xOt.png

Rocket launcher where left clicking fires 2 rockets that spilt into 3-4 after a very short time, and right clicking fires a single high velocity rocket at a faster fire rate. Crafted from Vortex fragments

Magic
Enchanted Sword
yslBcJv.png

Summons a spinning enchanted sword that charges at the nearest enemy after a second, or straight ahead if there is none. Crafted from souls of light, Crystal shards and a Pearlwood sword and also a rare drop from Enchanted swords (NPC)

Magic Crimson Axe
vaIG8hl.png

Summons a spinning Crimson axe that splits into 4-5 axes and charges forwards and inflicts ichor. Crafted from souls of night, Ichor and a Pearlwood hammer, also a rare drop from Crimson Axes (NPC)

Cursed Hammer
jiNRQxY.png

Summons a spinning Cursed Hammer that charges forwards after a second and drops smaller hammers while in flight and inflicts cursed inferno. Crafted from souls of night, Cursed flames and a Pearlwood hammer, also a rare drop from Cursed Hammers (NPC)

Prime Staff
juLwii6.png

Staff that fires out piercing bouncing homing skulls, right clicking creates a spike ball to orbit you, Crafted from souls of fright.

Sandstorm
jdWAphj.png

Spell tomb that summons damaging sand particles, crafted from Arid bars.

Derpling Staff
FgvXHwn.png

Staff that fires Derpling heads that rain down even smaller Derpling heads, crafted from Derpling shells and Chlorophyte bars.

Spectre Globe
4dipmwo.png

Summons 3 homing souls from the sky towards the cursor, crafted from Spectre bars.

Spectre Hose
SIklpTW.png

Rapidly fires out projectiles that gradually speed up and pierce, crafted from Spectre bars

Spectre Dagger
nEBxPdP.png

Throw able dagger that bounces on enemies and can pierce, crafted from Spectre bars.

Spectre Staff MKII
6Epftzs.png

Summons projectiles that orbit the player that stay around for a while, crafted from Spectre bars.

Other
Stone Thrower MKI (Classless)
xxfAbp8.png

Uses Stone shots, fires a mini boulder that splits into 2 shards on impact, purchased from Demolitionist post EoW/BoC.

Stone Thrower MKII (Classless)
u5WDF9X.png

Uses Stone shots, fires a boulder that creates 6 shards and bounces on impact, purchased from Demolitionist post Mechanical boss.

Stone Thrower MKIII (Classless)
ILhHw1p.png

Uses Stone shots, fires 3 fires boulder that creates 6 shards and bounces on impact, purchased from Demolitionist post Golem.
Shroomite Bullet
CRyicug.png

Ricochets 4 times and pierces 4 times and doesn’t create iframes

Shroomite Arrow
r6SF1ov.png

Leaves behind a trail of mushrooms, pierces 3 times anddoesn’t create iframes

Seeker bolts
TA5q9LY.png

For use with the seeker, can be purchased from the arms dealer or crafted with souls of sight.

Tungsten bullet
ojuUiyq.png

Seriously, why is this not a thing?

Bouncy Arrows
bapBpqq.png

Arrows that go boing boing.

Stone Shot
6ASskec.png

Crafted from stone, used for the stone launchers

Iron/Lead shot
2EaGaX3.png
ZNvwDUB.png

Bullets with strong knockback that obey gravity, crafted from musket balls and Iron/Lead bars.

Dual Arrow
QpT5eH2.png

Two wooden arrows tied together that have a chance to split apart, crafted from wooden arrows and rope.

Prototype Grenade
2o07Stn.png

Special grenade that is used with the Prototype launcher, purchased from the Demolitionist

Cryo Grenade
M5upzzx.png

Special grenade used for the Cryo Launcher, crafted from Frost bars and Explosive powder, and purchased from the Demolitionist.

Frost Bullet
NZCVvLO.png

Bullet that can pass through blocks, but loses accuracy and range when doing so, crafted from Frost bars and Musket balls.
Chaos Shards
Lp026zN.gif

Common drop from Chaos elementals, can be used to craft the Rod of Discord.

Red cloth
XuCPEt8.png

Very common drop from Hoptiles, used to craft Gladiator armour.

Blue cloth
1dKbP7u.png

Dropped from Zombie Eskimos, used to craft Eskimo armour

Derpling shell
YYXVIxo.png

Dropped by Derplings, used to craft Derpling gear.
Derpling Armour

Armour that boosts all damage and crit, and the full set allows you to jump and take off very fast.

Cyrogenic Set

Vanity set rarely obtained from hardmode treasure bags.

Storm Diver Set

Vanity set rarely dropped from Storm Divers
Betsy’s Flame
Dd6OGr2.png

Obtained from Betsy’s treasure bag, provides infinite flight time for all wings when equipped.

Celestial Barrier
OKT6XtR.png

Crafted from all 4 fragments and Luminite, grants immunity to Obstructed, Distorted, Blackout and electrified as well as knockback. Rapidly regenerates health when below 33% HP
Golden Derpie

A mini Golden Derpling that follows you, summoned using the Mysterious vine

Sentient Helmet

A floating Storm Diver helmet that provides light, summoned using the suspicious looking helmet
Baby Derpling

Spawns rarely in the hardmode underground jungle, acts as a very weak Derpling and killing them is horrible!

Camouflaged Derpling

Spawns in the underground Jungle post-Plantera in a camouflaged state, attacks when you approach it, drops mysterious vine.

ScanDrone

Summons near the Vortex pillar, flies through walls and shoots projectiles at you, can inflict the Scandroned debuff that removes all defence.

Vortexian Cannon

Spawns near the Vortex pillar, runs along the ground and fires a burst of inaccurate rockets at you.

Stormling

Spawns near the Vortex pillar, has Derpling AI but fires multiple projectiles at you when near.

Brainling

Spawns near the Nebula pillar, has Derpling AI but launches pink flames from its back when near you.

Starling

Spawns near the Stardust pillar, has Derpling AI but launches mini Starlings when near you

Mini Starling

Summoned from Starlings, fly towards you and die on impact.

Solarling

Spawns near the Solar pillar, has Derpling AI but drops lingering fireballs on the ground when near you.

Moonling

Spawns randomly in space post-Moon Lord, fires phantasm bolts and you and drops fragments and luminite.
Frost ore
hwrh0DX.png

Generates in the Ice biome once the WoF is defeated, also dropped from hardmode underground Ice monsters.

Frost Bar
xT9DLv4.png
FpjWynM.png

Crafted from a frost shard and ice blocks, used to craft Frost armour and some new frost weapons. Can also be obtained from hardmode crates while in the Snow biome.

Arid ore
nsaXUZT.png

Generates in the Desert biome once the WoF is defeated, also dropped from hardmode underground Desert monsters.

Arid Bar
LcKgqKS.png
EzlhDou.png

Crafted from an arid shard and harden sandstone, used to craft Forbidden armour and some new desert weapons. Can also be obtained from hardmode crates while in the Desert biome.
Beetle potion
WDHvdcz.png

Gives all melee attacks to greatly hinder enemy movement and increases melee speed, crafted from water bottles and beetle husks.

Shroomite Potion
rrZMURE.png

Increases the velocity of all ranged projectiles and allows them to pierce once with local npc immunity, crafted from water bottles and Shroomite bars

Spectre Potion
RQ1yJ9M.png

Grants immunity to mana sickness, decreased mana usage and makes you fire lost souls when using certain magic weapons.
Celestial Guardian
6ZiY5w3.png

Rapidly regenerates health and makes different coloured particles appear form the player, obtained when below 33% health while the Celestial Barrier is equipped.

Derpling buff
zztIyhp.png
7T8NXuM.png
qJcGETF.png

Allows you to jump and take off very quickly, obtained when equipping a full set of Derpling armour, and has 3 levels that get stronger as you lose health.

Shelled (Buff)
mqAzhwA.png

Increases defence by 30, obtained when attacking enemies with the Turtle Pike.

Beetle enhancement
b93FZxW.png

Obtained from using a Beetle potion

Shroomite enhancement
Yiz9gC4.png

Obtained from using a Shroomite potion

Spectre enhancement
7Y2LQtE.png

Obtained from using a Spectre potion

Sprinting in the rain
EvTA31y.png

Increases movement speed by 60%, obtained while wearing Rain armour in the rain.
Burning sand
IXofEm3.png

DoT debuff that deals 20DPS to enemies and 5DPS to players, inflicted from the 3 desert weapons.

Bouldered
XA3373q.png

DoT debuff that deals 30DPS to enemies and 5DPS to players, inflicted from the Stone Launcher MKII

Super Bouldered
GFewfDS.png

DoT debuff that deals 80DPS to enemies and 15DPS to players, inflicted from the Stone Launcher MKIII

Scandroned
64ZJE3c.png

Removes all defence and damage reduction, inflicted form Scandrones.

Shelled (Debuff)
0bdYFI3.png

Lowers enemy defence by 60, inflicted from the Turtle Pike.

Beetled (Debuff)
nJL249o.png

Swarms enemies with tiny beetle slowing their movement even in mid-air, inflicted from all melee weapons while under the effects of the Beetle enhancement.
Vanilla changes, can be turned off in the configuration options

Weapons
Flamethrower

Now crafted with souls of sight.

MegaShark

Now crafted with souls of sight.

Magical Harp

Now crafted with souls of fright.

Rainbow Rod

Now crafted with souls of fright.

Optic Staff

Now crafted with fewer souls of sight.

Armour
Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold and Platinum

Require far fewer bars

Gladiator

Now can be crafted with Red Cloth and Gold/Platinum bars

Mining (Shirt and pants)

Can be crafted with Gold/Platinum ore and silk.

Other
Fairy bell

Requires one of each mechanical soul

Logic sensor above

Now uses lenses instead of souls of sight.

Super healing potion

Only requires a single fragment and 5 Greater healing potions to make 5

Naughty Present

Now requires souls of might

Pumpkin Moon Medallion

Now requires souls of fright in place of hallowed bars

Rod of Discord

Can be crafted with Chaos shards, Crystal shards, souls of light and Hallowed bars.
Armour
Copper, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver, Tungsten, Gold and Platinum

Increased defence for all, Original ores now have unique set bonuses

Cobalt, Mythril, Adamantite, Hallowed and Chlorophyte

Increased defence for all

Frost

Increased defence, critical chance buff, melee speed, and provides ammo reduction. Set bonus provides immunity to chilled and frozen.

Forbidden

Increased defence, damage buff, provides magic critical chance increase and mana reduction. Set bonus provides immunity to suffocation and mighty wind.

Gladiator

Increased defence, set now gives ranged buffs.

Obsidian

Increased defence, set bonus provides immunity to fire and fire blocks.

Rain

Increased defence, set bonus increases movement speed while raining.

Eskimo and Pink Eskimo

Increased defence, set bonus reduces damage taken from cold enemies, and provides immunity to chilled, pink version has more defence.

Necro

Increased defence, Breastplate provides ranged critical chance increase.

Shroomite

All 3 helmets provide ranged buffs for all ranged damage

Solar flare

Greatly increased melee damage, critical chance and speed buffs, also provides extra health

Vortex

Increased ranged critical chance buff, gives night vision and dangersense.
Pretty cool

I'm super happy about that change to the Player-Above Sensor. I always tend to craft a ton of those but they're pretty expensive, what with the Souls of Sight and all.

Great mod! Thumbs up.

I'm super happy about that change to the Player-Above Sensor. I always tend to craft a ton of those but they're pretty expensive, what with the Souls of Sight and all.

Great mod! Thumbs up.
I always hated how the Soul of sight has twice as many uses as the other two, this mod fixes all that :dryadwink:

I can't find any frost ore, I'm in hardmode and have been searching the undreground tundra.
It should generate when the wall of flesh is defeated, did you create the world with the mod installed? Perhaps the ore is a little rare and I'll see if I can up the generation rate. Every time I tested it it does spawn deep underground, but I will do more tests later today.

The ore also drops from underground hardmode mobs and can be obtained from crates opened in the snow biome if you can't find any.

nice mod, however has a major bug when paired with Leveled.

:islime:
Could you explain what the bug is?

Last edited:
It should generate when the wall of flesh is defeated, did you create the world with the mod installed? Perhaps the ore is a little rare and I'll see if I can up the generation rate. Every time I tested it it does spawn deep underground, but I will do more tests later today.
I didn't have the mod when I ceated the world, but I did have it when I transitioned into hardmode.
edit: btw here is everwhere I looked, couldn't find any ore generated although some enemies are dropping a few pieces... it will take a while to get 45 ore I want.
1588695137625.png

Last edited:
I didn't have the mod when I ceated the world, but I did have it when I transitioned into hardmode.
edit: btw here is everwhere I looked, couldn't find any ore generated although some enemies are dropping a few pieces... it will take a while to get 45 ore I want.

Ok I've tested, for some reason if you don't create the world with the mod enabled ore will not generate, I added a message for when the ore generates and it appears on the older world, but the ore only generates on newly created worlds, I really have no idea why, perhaps I should just up the drop rates from enemies.

Update: Ok I released an update, any enemy in the underground Ice biome has a chance to drop a small stack of the ore, but only after an Ice Golem has been defeated, plus the ores and bars can be obtained from crates after the same criteria is met. Same for the Arid Ore with Sand elementals.

It seems the ore will only generate in newly created worlds and not existing ones, maybe there's a fix but for now I made it far less tedious to grind.

IB8Pf78.png

Last edited:
Why did you list the shroomite helmets damage change as a 'buff' that's actually a nerf since the damage types work multiplicitively with other damage bonuses. for example if you have 50% ranged damage + 15% arrow damage that is effectively 72.5% ranged damage.

Also it's kind of weird how there are now 3 helmets with the exact same effect...

Back
Top Bottom