With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

This seems awesome, love the fact that you have to earn and collect everything to unlock a type of creative mode, rather than just giving it all away for free.
The difficulyt and increased spawning sliders seem great, but i dislike that its so easy to "cheat" if, for example you are playing a run with 10x the enemy spawns. Just the fact that you can turn it off at any moment, or just simply enter godmode feels pretty lame, and kind of like you are "acting" while playing the difficult modes (not sure if this makes sense to others, or if its just me).
Having the option to lock all the settings before starting your jurney mode world would be a great addition for creating custom challanges. (while you could still easily join other worlds to "cheat")).

Are the godmode and weather contoll settings avalible from the start? If, for example, i wanted to unlock "creative tools" / everything, i would love to play though the game with the duping mechanic once and get the "creative mode" as a reward. Could i instead, at any time enable godmode and gain my rewards easier? Seems odd having a button in the menu at all times that lets you cheat.
I personally think i would prefer, for example, unlocking weather control after moon lord, and maybe godmode after collecting most items.

Now that ive thought about this for a bit, Id like to see a feature where you can copy a build and paste it somewhere else, this would make building mush easier In journey mode.

This seems awesome, love the fact that you have to earn and collect everything to unlock a type of creative mode, rather than just giving it all away for free.
The difficulyt and increased spawning sliders seem great, but i dislike that its so easy to "cheat" if, for example you are playing a run with 10x the enemy spawns. Just the fact that you can turn it off at any moment, or just simply enter godmode feels pretty lame, and kind of like you are "acting" while playing the difficult modes (not sure if this makes sense to others, or if its just me).
Having the option to lock all the settings before starting your jurney mode world would be a great addition for creating custom challanges. (while you could still easily join other worlds to "cheat")).

Are the godmode and weather contoll settings avalible from the start? If, for example, i wanted to unlock "creative tools" / everything, i would love to play though the game with the duping mechanic once and get the "creative mode" as a reward. Could i instead, at any time enable godmode and gain my rewards easier? Seems odd having a button in the menu at all times that lets you cheat.
I personally think i would prefer, for example, unlocking weather control after moon lord, and maybe godmode after collecting most items.
I feel your concerns, but as someone pointed it out to me I can point it out to you too, you'll always have the journey mode icon under your inventory, so you'll be able to know if someone has done something in journey mode or not.

I feel like this little bit makes it not take away from the accomplishments of other modes, so it's okay that they can cheat, Journey is meant for fun and experimenting easily.

this alone will probably add 1000 hours to my total playtime, building is so much fun in this game. waiting is definitely worth it!

I am running around in circles screaming my head off. (#not) But this is SO AMAZING! Once again, Re-Logic, you have surpassed expectations.
Is God mode something that makes you invincible? That would be very nice for certain things.

I am running around in circles screaming my head off. (#not) But this is SO AMAZING! Once again, Re-Logic, you have surpassed expectations.
Is God mode something that makes you invincible? That would be very nice for certain things.
Heh, glad you like it! Yes, Godmode makes you fully invincible and you can turn it off and on as you see fit.

I really like the idea of unlocking the items. But to me, because of all the features, it just feels like a creative mode. Is there a chance that the game could have a way to do this with a normal game, where the item-unlocking was available without all the other things? I know you can just play Journey Mode with the choice not to use the other features, but it would be cool if you could disable it from the journey-world, so your friends don't miss-abuse god-mode and all that. Then you and your friends could work together on getting enough of that item to unlock the unlimited amount of them. For example if you found lets say 3-5 terra blades , you would unlock it. 1 seems like too little, then it won't feel like you have earned to get infinite of them.

But love to see all the changes & stuff you add - looking forward to 1.4 😄

The one thing I'm wondering is whether duplicated items will give you money, or if you can duplicate money, since that seems a bit broken.
Also, what about heart/mana crystals or other things like that?

Ok ok yes, Journey Mode its exciting, BUT WHAT ABOUT MASTER MODE, I WANT THE HARDEST CHALLENGE
even though I might die bc of a slime... IDC I WANT TO DO IT ANYWAY

The one thing I'm wondering is whether duplicated items will give you money, or if you can duplicate money, since that seems a bit broken.
Also, what about heart/mana crystals or other things like that?
Likely, you need a bunch of life crystals/heart fruit to research it. Probably same thing with coins.

Journey mode is looking good, will definitely be getting a lot of use out of. Kinda dissapointed that I won't be able to transfer all the stuff from my storage world that I've gathered over the years, but I suppose that just means I'll be enjoying the x10 all that much more while I hop back into the endless grind.
The monster genocide begins again!

Back
Top Bottom