With Great Power Comes Great Accessibility - Introducing Terraria's New Journey Mode

All I really want to know is if Master Mode can be done solo with a fresh character or not.
It is definitely possible solo with a fresh character.

The one thing I'm wondering is whether duplicated items will give you money, or if you can duplicate money, since that seems a bit broken.
Also, what about heart/mana crystals or other things like that?
You can literally dupe anything. You set the rules on how you want Journey Mode to work. If you think money duping is OP- just don't do it. God mode too op? Don't use it. Journey Mode is all about freedom to play how you want. :)

How quickly can you port this to Mobile? Cause HOLY FREAKING WOOOOOOOWWWWW
Sometime this year. :)

Seeing all these spoilers makes me think that waiting for this update for 3 years was definitely worth it. So hyped to try the Journey Mode asap!

Glowing golden eyes for the godmode icon? Very classic, I approve.

qW90nSo.png

It is definitely possible solo with a fresh character.

You can literally dupe anything. You set the rules on how you want Journey Mode to work. If you think money duping is OP- just don't do it. God mode too op? Don't use it. Journey Mode is all about freedom to play how you want. :)

Sometime this year. :)
This year! I thought it'd be way longer!

To answer the question- If you set the game to Expert or Master you will get the exclusive drops. :)

good to know, and that's awesome. :dryadhappy:

that means i can experience each version of each boss in a single world, then?

it'll be interesting for comparing the differences...

You only need one to dupe an item/weapon/accessory for infinite. If we don't change it between now and release it takes 3 boss summon items to unlock infinite. We also made it so you can create the opposite infection in your world if you choose to do so. :)

wait, so at any time, we can change the infection in the world? if so, that is amazing... :dryadgrin:

but how does that work? since both infections have differently-shaped biomes... does it simply keep the biome shapes, but convert the corrupted blocks into crimson and vice versa?

another thing i just thought of that excites me... since we can freeze time... that means we can have unlimited time for blood/pumpkin/frost moons and solar eclipses, right?! :dryadtongue:

i think i'm actually getting a bit light-headed...

Ok now I have one HUGE question that would make builders everywhere happy if it can happen. Will we somehow be able to research and use walls that are naturally spawning? The ones we can't obtain without mods/cheating/Tedit. This will most likely be answered when the update comes out but if we can then it will be a big game changer for builders... Well JM is a ginormous game changer but eh.

good to know, and that's awesome. :dryadhappy:

that means i can experience each version of each boss in a single world, then?

it'll be interesting for comparing the differences...

wait, so at any time, we can change the infection in the world? if so, that is amazing... :dryadgrin:

but how does that work? since both infections have differently-shaped biomes... does it simply keep the biome shapes, but convert the corrupted blocks into crimson and vice versa?

another thing i just thought of that excites me... since we can freeze time... that means we can have unlimited time for blood/pumpkin/frost moons and solar eclipses, right?! :dryadtongue:

i think i'm actually getting a bit light-headed...
Correct- you can fight EoC normal then swap to Master and fight him in that difficulty.

You cannot swap infections with the click of a button but it is now possible to build the opposite infection so your world has both.

Yes- you can fight invasions as long as you want. We extended it significantly for Blood Moon to ensure we all got the drops we wanted and it was fantastic.

Ok now I have one HUGE question that would make builders everywhere happy if it can happen. Will we somehow be able to research and use walls that are naturally spawning? The ones we can't obtain without mods/cheating/Tedit. This will most likely be answered when the update comes out but if we can then it will be a big game changer for builders... Well JM is a ginormous game changer but eh.
Unfortunately no. This is something we wanted to address but it would take an insane amount of time for an artist to sheet it all out and we felt that time was better spent elsewhere. IIRC we added a few but I can't recall off the top of my head. :)

Correct- you can fight EoC normal then swap to Master and fight him in that difficulty.

You cannot swap infections with the click of a button but it is now possible to build the opposite infection so your world has both.

Yes- you can fight invasions as long as you want. We extended it significantly for Blood Moon to ensure we all got the drops we wanted and it was fantastic.

Unfortunately no. This is something we wanted to address but it would take an insane amount of time for an artist to sheet it all out and we felt that time was better spent elsewhere. IIRC we added a few but I can't recall off the top of my head. :)
Huh didn't even expect an answer. Either way any amount is amazing especially when thinking about how many new things we will need to think about instead of said walls heh.

Good catch! Maybe its some sort of crimson bug net. The palette kinda checks up.

I demand a sacrifice to summon the bane of bugs, the trap for all that flys, the evil snatcher of insects, the cursed Bug-net of doom! It shall contain everything in it's woven grasp!

I like the fact that you can clone stuff only if you already have it, it's going to be very usefull for multiplayer!
I also like that if you have researched something you can just delete all copies of it and have a much more compressed storage of all the items you haven't researched.
Also new mastermode slot, for 7 total after WoF, is going to be very usefull.
Please make sure that the slots fit on a small screen with the minimap enabled, perhaps by moving them to the side or moving the minimap, I remember this being an issue with my small monitor on the expertmode slot overlaping the settings menu!

Back
Top Bottom