What Gender's the Bosses?

I've always seen the Eater of Worlds as female, for being the "mother" of the corruption protecting its eggs; shadow orbs.

Skeletron I see as male for being related to the clothier, which is male, for being a master, which usually refers to a male villian (though not always), and kind of looking male in my opinion.

The mechanical variants I see as cyborg versions and not true mechsso I keep the genders for Destroyer and Prime.

Plantera is kind of... Girly, for being a pink flower, having a femaley name and being made for Cenx. But as a flower, having both genders is the appropiate ("it").

The bosses with the titles King, Queen and Duke I feel pretty safe assuming that they are what their title suggest.

The rest of the bosses are its.

Last edited:
Let's look at the facts.
Queen Bee and Ice Queen are queens. Female.
King Slime and Pumpking are kings. Male.
EoW and the Destroyer are :red:s. Male.
EoC is an eye. This being an obvious reference to how women irl have eyes. Female.
BoC seems to have a heart inside of him. Men irl have larger hearts. Male.
Skeletron is very mean. Hitler was mean. Hitler was a man. Male.
The WoF has not only two eyes, but also a mouth. Women are known for talking much. Female.
The Twins are obviously a reference to the twins in the hallway in the shining. Female.
Skeletron Prime and Golem have strong jawlines. Michael Jackson had a strong jawline. Female.
Turkor is a turkey. Turkeys are wellknown for being either male or female. Unknown.
Mourning Wood is male. No explanation needed, I suppose?
Lepus is ugly. Male.
Plantera shoots seeds. Male.
Duke Fishron is a fat pig. Male.
Everscream screams. Women scream from time to time. Female.
Santank has a beard. Male or Austrian participant of Eurovision Song Contest. Unknown.
Ocram is ugly. Female.
Or the TL;DR.
Male:
King Slime
Pumpking
EoW
Destroyer
BoC
Skeletron
Mourning Wood
Lepus
Plantera
Duke Fishron

Female:
Queen Bee
Ice Queen
WoF
Twins
Skeletron Prime
Golem
Everscream
Ocram

Unknown:
Turkor
Santank

Watch some Futurama and educate yourself.

Seriously though, why is a giant eyeball any more likely to have a gender than a mechanized one (which isn't necessarily 100% mechanical in the first place)?

Actually, male queens are much more common than female ones. So, if you're implying that Ice Queen is female, you might want to think again.
Ice Queen is scottish/irish, and is very fat in the chest area.

hm...I think the bosses genders are it:

king slime: KING slime, male
eow: male
brain of cutulu: cutulu is possible male, male
eoc: same thing off brain of cutulu
queen bee: QUEEN bee, female
skeletron: he is the curse/master off old man/clothier, old man/clothier are males, male
wof: wof is possible a wall made by the flesh off died/burned corpses in hell, he/she is a mix off male and female

the twins,destroyer and skeletron prime: both robots, both without gender
plantera: she is a flower, she is pink. most often flowers are girls, and pink is in girls, possibly female
golem: looks like a man, but is just a guardian/thing made off stones without gender, unknow
duke fishron: DUKE fishron, male
mourning wood: he is a tree, most often trees are females, unknow
pumpking: pumpKING, man
(N)Everscream: a christmas tree, but looks like a type off monster in a christmas tree, unknow
santank: like the other mechanical bosses, santank is a robot, dont have gender
ice queen: ice QUEEN, female
ocram: he looks like a man, unknow but possibly man
lepus: EASTER BUNNY, looks like a man
turkor: man

i think is this...lunar boss is the moon, moon is often a girl

Ahh, but what about us humans then? We consist mostly of Hydrogen, Oxygen and Carbon, while ice consists of Oxygen and Hydrogen. Does that mean that neither should have gender? That we, humans, are genderless, for we consist of genderless things? No, of course not, and as such, Ice Queen remains female.

ice queen made by ice or not, she clearly have breasts. and the name "queen" i never see a male queen before or a genderless queen

To me, they have no gender. Their names are arbitrary. As feeble Terrarians stare up, and see the stars, far-flung galaxies, do they declare their genders? The bosses have existed far before life, far before death, and aeons before gender was even a concept. They are eternal, and see no difference between themselves and the planets they ravage. Why should we?

But if I must, Ice Queen is probably a guy.

Ahh, but what about us humans then? We consist mostly of Hydrogen, Oxygen and Carbon, while ice consists of Oxygen and Hydrogen. Does that mean that neither should have gender? That we, humans, are genderless, for we consist of genderless things? No, of course not, and as such, Ice Queen remains female.
Saying that ice can have a gender because humans do is ridiculous. Humans are alive and have cells that are constantly dying and replicating, ice is just a frozen liquid. Saying ice has a gender is like saying uranium does.

Testosterone can also influence attraction to women I think, so that's why gay males frequently have the fingers of a woman, since gay males usually get less testosterone in the womb.
Say that to the bears *chortles to himself*
Seriously, that argument sounds more like it describes the level of effeminacy. Then again, you said "I think", "frequently" and "usually", so your argument isn't entirely invalid. Someone will have to Wikipedia it, though.
[And this argument was caused by debating the gender of a giant skeleton head. Wow, we came far. But I believe he's a male, because "master"]

Ice Queen, Queen Bee, Plantera and Golem in my opinion are Female Bosses. The others are males except for Eye and Brain of Cthulhu.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418241949][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've always seen the Eater of Worlds as female, for being the "mother" of the corruption protecting its eggs; shadow orbs.

Skeletron I see as male for being related to the clothier, which is male, for being a master, which usually refers to a male villian (though not always), and kind of looking male in my opinion.

The mechanical variants I see as cyborg versions and not true mechsso I keep the genders for Destroyer and Prime.

Plantera is kind of... Girly, for being a pink flower, having a femaley name and being made for Cenx. But as a flower, having both genders is the appropiate ("it").

The bosses with the titles King, Queen and Duke I feel pretty safe assuming that they are what their title suggest.

The rest of the bosses are its.
I just call it the Hentai Worm, despite it being my overlord

Last edited:
Boss genders?
Hmm, let's see..
King Slime is either genderless (I mean, he is a slime) or male (Hence the title ''King'')

Eye of Cthulhu is pretty much genderless (C'mon, it's just an eye)

The Eater of Worlds is some sort of distorted and corrupted being, so there's no way to discover it's gender, if it even has one

Brain of Cthulhu is... a brain. Yep, either the same gender as Cthulhu or genderless

Queen Bee is a female, because it is a... queen... bee?

Skeletron is possibly male, as the old man/clothier refers as him as ''Master'', instead of ''Mistress''.
But wait! There's more! We can try to determine its gender by analising the cranium!
1. The superciliary arch: It exists above the eye sockets, and comprises two arched elevations which are prominent medially. In males, there is usually some slight ridging here and you should be able to see some of it. In females, there is typically very little, or none at all.
2. The eye socket area, when looking at the skull, is referred to as an orbit. The lower section of the orbit differs slightly between men and women. Women have a sharper ridge and males a slightly blunter surface to them.
3. The Zygomatic bone (the cheekbone that lies under the lower eye ridge) is more pronounced on the male skull.
4. The Mandible (lower jaw) bone of a woman is rounded, while the male’s is squared.
Fdd628a.png
As we can see, Skeletron has a rather masculine skull, But as he is a giant floating skeleton, the above information may not apply to him.​

Wall of Flesh is... complicated. He's just a bunch of flesh, so it is pretty much genderless. In other circunstances, we could try to see the hormone levels on the flesh, and define if it is male or female. But there is no way to do that.

The mechanical bosses possibly have no gender, as they are mechanical.

Now, Let's talk about Plantera. This one is interesting.
Plantera is a flower, and flowers are the reproductive organs of angiosperm plants. They can be male (androecium), female (gyneceum) or both.
Plantera shoots seeds on its first stage, and seeds are the fecundated embryo of a gyneceum, Meaning that Plantera could be a female.
But on the second stage, Plantera releases spores:
Spore.png

From wikipedia: ''...initially contains diploid pollen mother cells. These undergo meiosis to form haploid spores. The spores may remain attached to each other in a tetrad or separate after meiosis. Each microspore then divides mitotically to form an immature microgametophyte called a pollen grain.''
The released spores look a lot like the stamen, the ''male'' part of a flower.
Well, I dont know if this is just a coincidence or if Re-Logic intended to do this, Because Plantera's gender changing along the stages of the boss fight may hint to how some plants (dioic) have two stages of flowering (all flowers female/all flowers male) to prevent auto fecundation.
In the end, Is Plantera Male or Female? It either is an hemafrodite from the very beginning, or it changes from female to male in the middle of the battle.

Golem is a robot/golem, so it has no gender at all.

Duke Fishron: As his name says, he is a duke, which is a male title, meaning that he is male.

Mourning Wood is a tree. be it either Gymnosperm or angiosperm, it could have both genders at its gametophyte stages.

Pumpking: As the name contains the title ''King'' it is possibly male. I could say something about pumpkins being fruits and containing seeds, but that would only repeat Mourning Wood's gender theory.

Everscream: Same as the Mourning Wood. Except that we know it is a gymnosperm. But that doesn't matter

Santa Nk1: Robot, no gender.

Ice Queen: Well, she is a queen, so her gender is female, I guess.

Ocram/Lepus/Turkor: Abominations made by 505. Their evil knows no bound, their souls are filled only with horror and disgust. Let's just not talk about them.

Last edited:
Wall of Flesh is... complicated. He's just a bunch of flesh, so it is pretty much genderless. In other circunstances, we could try to see the hormone levels on the flesh, and define if it is male or female. But there is no way to do that.
Hormone levels cannot be used to determine the gender of terraria bosses. Female hyenas have testosterone high enough to grow a pseudopeni... uh... lets say male organ, nearly as large as the one of a male. We have no way of knowing if hormones of the bosses are weird like this.

Back
Top Bottom