FORE-RRARIA! Hitting the Links with Terraria Golf

Aight, was never too much into golfing and probably won‘t play this mini game too much... but I must admit that I appreciate how much thought went into it. I can see it becoming a hit on multiplayer servers, that‘s for sure.

The Lawn Mower looks absolutely cool though, as does the Golfer NPC (which we kinda saw multiple times already, still very nice though). I am guessing his main inspiration to be Tiger Woods, probably the most famous Golfer there is right now.

The small sneak peak we got from the Oasis mini biome, along with lily pads, really gives the desert a lot more character than it used to have! All in all, cool teaser, even though I probably won‘t play golfing in singleplayer. I will definitely check out some golfing courses in multiplayer though!

Me thinking about this feature and reading the post.
1994-02-05.png

This is quite a neat little minigame. One question, will the Caddy sell anything "useful" or is it all only stuff directly related to the golf minigame? For example the Party Girl sells mostly just frivolous party supplies that are all just for fun but few of her items are genuinely useful either for building or for combat.

This is quite a neat little minigame. One question, will the Caddy sell anything "useful" or is it all only stuff directly related to the golf minigame? For example the Party Girl sells mostly just frivolous party supplies that are all just for fun but few of her items are genuinely useful either for building or for combat.
The lawnmower seems to have an actual use for people who don't want tall grass to grow. The golfcart mount also might be useful, but considering what it is, I don't expect to be able to do anything crazy with it or for it to be nearly as good as other mounts.

I honestly don't see what this really adds to the game, but it is a REALLY cool minigame with awesome mechanics.

Are you guys sure about spoiling so much about the upcoming update? :/
There's a over 1050 new items. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm pretty sure it's some actuated block, maybe balloons, painted with shadow paint in front of the boreal wood wall.
or bubbles

Wait, it's the Lawn Mower's effect on grass permanent? If so, is there any way to reverse it other than swapping the grass?
Since most of golf is based off real life, I am going to assume that the grass grows back eventually.

This looks like an awesome addition and i'm surely going to be using it. But it seems kind of, less fun in single player. I mean, It's fun to kill your friends in pvp, or to play capture the gem, and golf will be a new awesome addition. But still, I'm a player that really only gets to play with friends on Nintendo Switch, which seems like it's not getting an update for a while. So maybe make a way to make this funner for single player people, like some reward from the golfer npc if you get a good score, or the more golf games you play, the more you can buy from him.

Thanks! :D

I'm curious now If I can shot golf balls to kill zombies and other Terraria creatures. Or if can kill the Wall of Flesh by doing that.

And I question myself... Is there any way of telling the game that the "game is over"?
Like, If I get sick of golfing, make the game kind of "reset" the counter.

Back
Top Bottom