There & Back Again: A Summary of Journey's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i was just reading this again and i think i've been able to "categorize" all of these music boxes. Here's what i think.

1. Probably the track that Xenon and DJ Sniper made, i didn't hear it, but probably.
2. Must be the new title screen.
3. Probably for a new boss, seen as I can't figure it out and Cenx said that the new bosses were going to get their own tracks.
4. The NEW DUKE FISHRON THEME WHOOP WHOOP
5. This might actually be the underground jungle music. It would be awesome...
6. Graveyard. Doyee.
7. Oasis?
8. Windy day.
9. I honestly don't know this one. Probably for a new boss.
10. I wonder... maybe this is an "abyss" themed track? Lower ocean? be really nice to see more love to the ocean biome.
11. Town Night
12. Town Day
13. PARTY MUSICCC
14. This shows a slime themed, maybe a "jello" biome, or King Slime gets his own track?
15. That's the new event when it's max wind and max rain. Probably.

Just what I think! Hope an underground jungle soundtrack gets made! :happy:

The following was written by a friend who doesn't have an account, and asked me to post it instead of making one himself. If you wish to debate it, he said he's willing to make an account. Note I do mean debate, making fun of his playstyle doesn't count as debating.

Pre-Hardmode Fishing - In light of the patch notes. This post won't be very positive. And really, my bad. You guys are some of my favorite devs, and this is the only change that I really dislike. But it's very important to me. Let's talk fishing. I've had several runs of this game, most to all of them multiplayer, and I've always been the person who fishes. I really dislike mining in this game, especially pre-hardmode - it's just boring to me, mindnumbingly so, but I get that I'm a minority in that way. I'll get to the point, though - I am extremely unhappy with the Reaver Shark getting nerfed. I think it was handled incorrectly, and I'd like to propose an alternative, perhaps for 1.4.1 or whatever that may be. Basically, with the Reaver Shark getting nerfed, I'm pretty much neutered in pre-hardmode, usefulness wise, for my team. I can not accomplish nearly as much for them, with the pick I can pull being as useful as a Platinum pickaxe. That's really no good. So here's my idea. Please add another pickaxe that is around, or just below, what the Reaver Shark used to be. Please make it accessible maybe only to Demonite/Crimtane fishing rods and above, as well. I don't mind not being able to pull a perfect pickaxe right off the bat, but I really would not like to be either bored or useless until the WoF. Thank you for reading.

The following was written by a friend who doesn't have an account, and asked me to post it instead of making one himself. If you wish to debate it, he said he's willing to make an account. Note I do mean debate, making fun of his playstyle doesn't count as debating.

Unfortunately, after MUCH deliberation, it was decided that we were not satisfied with Reaver Shark being used to bypass progression. If we locked it to higher tier fishing rods, people would just get the better higher tier fishing rods to bypass the gameplay as well. We consider it likely to be the least popular change we made, but Terraria is ultimately a game where you have to overcome some dangerous obstacles to progress, and fishing through the entire first half of the game was too easy to do.

wait why did i count 15 tracks

There is some fuzziness about exactly how we want to count certain tracks. The old Console tracks aren't exactly "brand new", and the Remix track contest winner isn't exactly our original song either. So the counting is a bit weird. Suffice to say, we pick the smallest safe number we can say. :)

i'm still kinda sad about the reaver shark nerf, ngl,
even more than the fact that i can't really change my username here, which isn't that sad but i don't really have any idea on how to word what i'm trying to say, but even if i find it bad. the reaver shark nerf and the bypass of progression fix was needed,

Unfortunately, after MUCH deliberation, it was decided that we were not satisfied with Reaver Shark being used to bypass progression. If we locked it to higher tier fishing rods, people would just get the better higher tier fishing rods to bypass the gameplay as well. We consider it likely to be the least popular change we made, but Terraria is ultimately a game where you have to overcome some dangerous obstacles to progress, and fishing through the entire first half of the game was too easy to do.
Speaking of fishing, did you make the Sitting Duck and Golden fishing rods hardmode only? Being able to get them so early almost makes the fiberglass rod and mechanical rod redundant and they are a big part of what makes fishing so overpowered.

Its actually still one of the strongest melee weapons before Plantera. Definitely not garbage. It does a phenomenal amount of damage.
No it's not, without melee speed buff it's pretty much unusable now. And the fact that i can't farm golem/plantera anymore infuriates me even more.

No it's not, without melee speed buff it's pretty much unusable now. And the fact that i can't farm golem/plantera anymore infuriates me even more.

I insist, its still quite strong. It just can't become quite as fast as it could before, but it still gets melee speed buffs. In my opinion, I actually didn't nerf it ENOUGH, but I wanted to stop where I did and see how it turned out.

Speaking of fishing, did you make the Sitting Duck and Golden fishing rods hardmode only? Being able to get them so early almost makes the fiberglass rod and mechanical rod redundant and they are a big part of what makes fishing so overpowered.

Given that virtually all of fishing progression was pre-Hardmode (except the Hotline Rod), we didn't want to make this change. Even Lava fishing is now accessible pre-Hardmode now. I don't think its an ideal situation, but I was not satisfied with any of the options, like moving them to Hardmode.

My friend said while its sad, he understands, and thanks you for the fast response
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now on to my own thoughts, with the reaver shark nerf and water bolt being fixed, it'll make master mode a lot harder than I was expecting, consider me excited to see how many times I get killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom