Expand Your Terraria Empire - Pylons, Town Building, and NPC Happiness

Shame there's no corruption and crimson pylons then. They could work differently than other ones, be special rewards from guide for killing Eater/Brain and need no NPCS nearby, to allow fast travel to corruption/crimson.

I must said that i digested the idea of pylons and different biomes towns and now it may seem ok.
actually those might be the missing ones

Things i'm interested about most:
Final sword - what it will be
Deep oceans shown on master mode playthrough - what's up with that...
Desert - why everyone didn't show desert in their playthroughs...
When they came to desert biome they all talked about not being allowed to show and went back... Must be something major...

I wonder if one of the remaining Pylons is a Hell Pylon? Honestly, how many of us have dreamed of Housing in Hell just to feel like a Bad Dude/Dudette...? Hell might even be the preferred Housing Biome for Tax Collector! :p

I wonder if Mods will be able to add their own pylons? Some mods have a few NPCs to fit their own biomes, or for example, maybe there won't be a Hell pylon, because only the Tax Collector would want to live there, but plenty of mods add demon NPCs, so if mods implemented their own, then they could *make* a Hell pylon. Hell, (no pun intended), maybe we'll see a mod that just adds pylons for every biome.

I wonder if one of the remaining Pylons is a Hell Pylon? Honestly, how many of us have dreamed of Housing in Hell just to feel like a Bad Dude/Dudette...? Hell might even be the preferred Housing Biome for Tax Collector! :p
yeah but, the tax collecter before being purified is a TORTURED soul, so i think hell pretty much tortured him

So. HappyDays just put out a video on this subject.

In it he shows off the price increase for unhappy NPCs

Wanna know how much it was?

30%

***THIRTY*** percent (the item he showed normally costs 75 copper, it was marked up to 97)

that's not a minor increase. That's punishing players for not playing the way the devs want us to.

Now, is it probable that the system isn't binary, and that there's some form of scale to it? I'd call it a near certainty. Add that to the fact that Happy showed off a literal worst case "NPC Prison" and it's likely most people won't ever see that level of price hike.

However, I should also point out that its also likely that that price hike ISN'T EVEN THE MAXIMUM, given that the NPC he showed as an example liked its neighbor and thus wasn't likely at maximum unhappiness..

Looks like the naysayers had reason to be worried.

I'd be shocked if it went over 30%, since by my calculations 30% should be the maximum discount, unless there's some further price increase/decrease for getting a "perfect" or "absolute worst"

in any case, 25%ish is what I was basing my arguments on to begin with.

So. HappyDays just put out a video on this subject.

In it he shows off the price increase for unhappy NPCs

Wanna know how much it was?

30%

***THIRTY*** percent (the item he showed normally costs 75 copper, it was marked up to 97)

that's not a minor increase. That's punishing players for not playing the way the devs want us to.

Now, is it probable that the system isn't binary, and that there's some form of scale to it? I'd call it a near certainty. Add that to the fact that Happy showed off a literal worst case "NPC Prison" and it's likely most people won't ever see that level of price hike.

However, I should also point out that its also likely that that price hike ISN'T EVEN THE MAXIMUM, given that the NPC he showed as an example liked its neighbor and thus wasn't likely at maximum unhappiness..

Looks like the naysayers had reason to be worried.
I don't really think 30% is too much, specially considering how easy it seems to be to keep them happy, how cheap most stuff is anyways, and how easy it is to get money. The only really expensive stuff would be the reforges, but keeping just the Goblin Tinkerer happy should be even easier than keeping everyone happy. Actually other than reforges, building and wiring I don't really see the point of complaining about prices. Most items you can buy in the game you only need one, two or maybe three of them (piggy bank, dye vat, leaf wings, magic books, etc). The ones that you need to buy big quantities of are mostly either really cheap or can be found around the world (arrows, bullets, bombs).

well the price of everything in my world went up... guess I cant just "opt out of the happiness part"

dev's "play the way we want or we make everything cost more... oh but you can opt out" (doesnt state how to opt out)

"Of course you don't HAVE to partake in this new system, " UM everything now costs more... how do i NOT participate in this new system of play how we want or we make stuff more expsensive? is the joke "dont play the game"?

well the price of everything in my world went up... guess I cant just "opt out of the happiness part"
dev's "play the way we want or we make everything cost more... oh but you can opt out" (doesnt state how to opt out)
"Of course you don't HAVE to partake in this new system, " UM everything now costs more... how do i NOT participate in this new system of play how we want or we make stuff more expsensive? is the joke "dont play the game"?
Please don't chain multiple posts in a row. If you have more to add, use the edit button below your post.
I've merged them this time, please don't do it again.

Back
Top Bottom