Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Congrats on getting a steam workshop download with Terraria, I can't wait to see how it works and see all the new people finally getting into tmodloader once it's easier to download

I just discovered that if I swap to borderless windowed mode from regular windowed mode, it bugs out and still shows the taskbar. If I close and relaunch the tmodloader version, it works normally. The unmodded Steam version works as expected. See the bug below.

LU5W2qfNMY.png

Congrats on getting a steam workshop download with Terraria, I can't wait to see how it works and see all the new people finally getting into tmodloader once it's easier to download
Steam workshop won't be supported as of yet ,it will come later.

I seem to be having a problem with TModLoader itself. I have followed the install instructions to the letter, but every other time I log onto the game, it acts like it is the first time, prompting me to select a language, and then giving me the box that says I have correctly installed it, before recognizing the fact that I do already have saved games and mods downloaded. I wouldn't have a problem with this if it weren't for the fact that every time this happens, I basically have to start a new world, due to entire modded biomes disappearing, thus rendering it impossible to advance in the world I was in. I know it isn't the fault of any of my downloaded mods, because whenever I log onto my world, my chests get wiped of ALL modded items and the world get's wiped of ALL modded blocks. The only modded items that stick around are what stays inside my inventory. It's been happening for a while, and originally it wasn't as bad, but then it started happening with increasing regularity, to the point now where it's basically every couple days. I would like to ask for some help as to figuring out what is going on. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem, or is it just me?

This is the kind of Biome deletion that I'm talking about, although the result I usually see is the ocean and every block between it and The Underworld vanishing, due to the Abyss biome from the Calamity Mod. This is a much more bizzare case, out of the ones I've seen. This world does, somehow, still have blocks of the ocean floor remaining, and with them you can see the scale of this missing chunk of the world. And I don't glitch out visiting this area at all; the blocks are just straight up gone.

Attachments

• What's left of the Sulphur Sea from Calamity.png
    What's left of the Sulphur Sea from Calamity.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 756
Here's a better example... This is the left hand side of my map. Beyond the Dungeon, it's a Forest, and then it's like the map just gave up trying to load in the biome that was here.

Attachments

• What remains of the left hand side of my world.png
    What remains of the left hand side of my world.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 280
... I could go on, but I'll stop here.

Attachments

• The Astral Biome from Calamity... Gone..png
    The Astral Biome from Calamity... Gone..png
    321.3 KB · Views: 553
  • The Sunken Sea from Calamity... Gone..png
    The Sunken Sea from Calamity... Gone..png
    106.9 KB · Views: 758
Hello, hello. I've played Calamity + Thorium + Fargo's Mod before on an old laptop and decided to do the same thing to my new one. However, it seems that a problem has occurred, and I don't know what it is.

Here's the error log:
[17:54:02] [16/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading FargowiltasSouls
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ThoriumMod.Items.NPCItems.HiveMind' from assembly 'ThoriumMod_0, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at FargowiltasSouls.Items.Accessories.Enchantments.Thorium.LifeBloomEnchant.AddRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.AddRecipes()
at Terraria.Recipe.SetupRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.SetupRecipes(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
[17:54:02] [16/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: FargowiltasSouls

Can anybody please help me out?

Here's a better example... This is the left hand side of my map. Beyond the Dungeon, it's a Forest, and then it's like the map just gave up trying to load in the biome that was here.
Just realized I accidentally got the first two pictures confused with each other. The 2nd one is the Sulphur Sea and the Abyss from Calamity, and the 1st one is actually the Aquatic Depths from Thorium.

Just saw that this would be released as DLC for Steam version.

Are there still plans to provide some sort of working version for gog version of the game? I understand it may not be immediate, but I mean is there intent there?

Just saw that this would be released as DLC for Steam version.

Are there still plans to provide some sort of working version for gog version of the game? I understand it may not be immediate, but I mean is there intent there?
GoG will stay working and supported just like it is now.

Hello, Looking for ropes to implement a biome. There are two things I mainly would like to know:
1)How can I make that for instance 100 of my modded blocks would be read as a biome?
2)Is it possible to remove all vanilla enemies spawning in my biome?

If someone helps, know that you will make one guy a really happy:)

Hello, Looking for ropes to implement a biome. There are two things I mainly would like to know:
1)How can I make that for instance 100 of my modded blocks would be read as a biome?
2)Is it possible to remove all vanilla enemies spawning in my biome?

If someone helps, know that you will make one guy a really happy:)
For biome take a look at ExampleWorld and then the TileCountsAvailalbe method.
IT will count the example block and sand tiles. You use that coutn to determine if you're in the biome or not.
Then look at ExamplePlayer which has an ZoneExample boolean.
In the UpdateBiomes() function you check if the tile count exceeds (in your case) 100 which sets the boolean to true. You are then 'in' the biome. (You use this bool in other places to check it)
Make sure you also do all the other methods for multiplayer support (CustomBiomesMatch, CopyCustomBiomesTo etc.)

If you then want to stop spawning NPCs, make a GlobalNPC class and override EditSpawnRate, just set maxSpawns to 0 if your biome boolean is true.

ok might have a problem but let me see if it is just a setting i need to fidle with first. when i go into my mod list my mouse and only my mouse slows down to a extremmyl laggy/jumpy mess. i am talking it takes atlest 30 to 50 seconds to move and when it dose it appers at its new position with no inbetwen just "poof i am over hear now". wile this is going on how ever i can type on my kebord and the inpots regester fine (mod list filter up dates and all), background keeps rolling past. so it is definetly not my game lagging. any ideas as to what the cause is?

Hey there, Have now downloaded tMod off of Steam. However no Mod Sources Folder? and Cannot click on enable dev mode? It is lit up white if that means anything.

Hello to you Terrarians. I have a problem with the Steam version of tModLoader. 5 minutes after entering the game to the old save your character and the world, I either crashes the game, or throws it on the main screen. After that, it turns out that all my characters and worlds are no longer available for use. I got angry and deleted all the characters and worlds. And after that, I began to create new characters and worlds from scratch. I conducted several studies and found out that when added to the cloud, characters and worlds give an error and disappear completely when you exit the game or when you exit to the main menu. Therefore, cloud storage does not work in the Steam version. Instead of saving my characters, it deletes them, only backups remain. I'm not very good in English, so I translated it through Google.

Hello to you Terrarians. I have a problem with the Steam version of tModLoader. 5 minutes after entering the game to the old save your character and the world, I either crashes the game, or throws it on the main screen. After that, it turns out that all my characters and worlds are no longer available for use. I got angry and deleted all the characters and worlds. And after that, I began to create new characters and worlds from scratch. I conducted several studies and found out that when added to the cloud, characters and worlds give an error and disappear completely when you exit the game or when you exit to the main menu. Therefore, cloud storage does not work in the Steam version. Instead of saving my characters, it deletes them, only backups remain. I'm not very good in English, so I translated it through Google.

Better turn off cloud storage if you want to play modded, Save data such as world and character might not compatible with vanilla cloud storage, If you save your modded save data in cloud storage it could result in losing modded item or even corrupt your files.

I've got a problem with the steam version, when i download it, it'll install just fine but when i launch it, it never opens, steam will say it's launching then it'll just close

Back
Top Bottom