Resolved [PS4] Converting Players Screen

H0268440

Terrarian
Ive been unable to move past this screen for quite a while (around 2 hours). The way i get to this is; I open the application , go through the normal screen showing all the people who helped make the game, and see the screen where it shows the auto-save icon and press to press X to continue, as soon as i press X im given this screen
8DD66338-6725-4D46-AD96-815268862E2C.jpeg

Ive played on this account many times and never had this screen pop up, the last time i played the game may have been a couple months ago in around February. Ive tried the fix for the world conversion bug and it doesn’t work the only way i can even play the game is by deleting everything, you may ask “why dont you access your cloud saves” the simple answer is i can’t im unable to everytime i press to download a cloud save character i am given a error i can provide a screenshot but it would require me deleting all my save game once again.

i have alot of endgame stuff i grinded along time for i dont think i should have to re-obtain months worths of loot and re-create all my boss arenas, heck i even prepared for 1.4 whenever it comes out
It would mean alot if i can get help.

Ive been unable to move past this screen for quite a while (around 2 hours). The way i get to this is; I open the application , go through the normal screen showing all the people who helped make the game, and see the screen where it shows the auto-save icon and press to press X to continue, as soon as i press X im given this screenView attachment 271540
Ive played on this account many times and never had this screen pop up, the last time i played the game may have been a couple months ago in around February. Ive tried the fix for the world conversion bug and it doesn’t work the only way i can even play the game is by deleting everything, you may ask “why dont you access your cloud saves” the simple answer is i can’t im unable to everytime i press to download a cloud save character i am given a error i can provide a screenshot but it would require me deleting all my save game once again.

i have alot of endgame stuff i grinded along time for i dont think i should have to re-obtain months worths of loot and re-create all my boss arenas, heck i even prepared for 1.4 whenever it comes out
It would mean alot if i can get help.
Hi there @H0268440, sorry to hear you’ve been having this issue. Do you only have saves in the cloud? If you’re on PS4 there is the ability to copy saves (characters and worlds) onto an external usb drive. I’d recommend doing that every so often to have a backup of the game saves so that if you need to wipe your game save data clean (for whatever reason) you can restore from your usb backup. Not something that can help you here, sadly, if you don’t have backups already made, but something to think about for the future.

I’d suggest getting in touch with 505 Games (the publisher of the console version) and see if they have any insight. You can open a support ticket here: Terraria (Console)

Sorry I don’t have a workaround or could be of more help.

I was able to find a fix on my own for this, i went into my storage deleted everything and redownload all my data for terraria except a file from around 2017 at first I couldn’t get past the load menu but after restarting the application i was able to access my characters and worlds without a problem
The file name is “Terraria” and its contents is “Terraria save game” for some unknown reason me not downloading this file allows me to play the game without the converting players screen.

seemed like a weird bug but i was thankfully able to fix it myself

I was able to find a fix on my own for this, i went into my storage deleted everything and redownload all my data for terraria except a file from around 2017 at first I couldn’t get past the load menu but after restarting the application i was able to access my characters and worlds without a problem
The file name is “Terraria” and its contents is “Terraria save game” for some unknown reason me not downloading this file allows me to play the game without the converting players screen.

seemed like a weird bug but i was thankfully able to fix it myself
I'm so glad to hear that, thanks for following up.

when I try to play terraria on ps4 it says converting players and it doesn’t stop any tips?

image.jpg

AND I Don’t know how to get in contact with 505 games

when I try to play terraria on ps4 it says converting players and it doesn’t stop any tips?

View attachment 283934

Hi @Brandogamer427, did you read the other posts here in the thread?

If you’re on PS4 there is the ability to copy saves (characters and worlds) onto an external usb drive. I’d recommend doing that every so often to have a backup of the game saves so that if you need to wipe your game save data clean (for whatever reason) you can restore from your usb backup. Not something that can help you here, sadly, if you don’t have backups already made, but something to think about for the future.

I’d suggest getting in touch with 505 Games (the publisher of the console version) and see if they have any insight. You can open a support ticket here: Terraria (Console)

Sorry I don’t have a workaround, but you can try what H0268440 mentioned above worked for him. I recommend making backup copies of any characters or worlds first though.

View attachment 283934

Im working off memory here since its been a while since i fixed the issueI had (the same one you have)

First save all your terraria data to Online storage so you don’t lose any data

Second once you are sure that all the data is safely put into the Online storage you would go into system storage and delete all the data there (all your data should be safe if its in the online storage or on a external usb but this is all going on the assumption you are using online storage)

3rd you go to download to system storage (in the online storage menu) and enter the terraria game save and transfer all the files except 1 called terraria the ps4 will describe it as “terraria save game”

Im going off memory, so im sorry if the file i say isn’t the right one, just make sure you are 100% sure all your saved data for terraria is in Online Storage or in a external storage.

hope it works (not sure if it matters but i have a really old PlayStation, not sure if it changes anything)

Back
Top Bottom