tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweating.png

So the thing about github is you can't make a repository private if you're over a certain number of contributors (I think the limit is over 3) without paying for premium. So, I was hoping that no one would deliberately search for the repository, as no one had done so for quite some time. But the cat's out of the bag now, and do note that it's pretty much a not-so-thoroughly-tested developer version. And uh... keep spoilers to yourselves.

On another note, I've been playing Journey's End with my bro on Master mode and it has been quite the challenge. There's so much new stuff we have to find, and it's pretty great.

Last edited:
View attachment 271380
So the thing about github is you can't make a repository private if you're over a certain number of contributors (I think the limit is over 3) without paying for premium. So, I was hoping that no one would deliberately search for the repository, as no one had done so for quite some time. But the cat's out of the bag now, and do note that it's pretty much a not-so-thoroughly-tested developer version. And uh... keep spoilers to yourselves.

On another note, I've been playing Journey's End with my bro on Master mode and it has been quite the challenge. There's so much new stuff we have to find, and it's pretty great.
Im playing it now and it seems like another game, it is astonishing how alive it feels now, and so much new things, like a trap I died recently... If you see something to good to be true, take care and analize your surroundings! hahahaha

About you mod, well, I think they will keep this spoiler free. We have respect and patience about your work here <3 :happy:

Even if it's still a WIP (Shamelessly grabbing it of course.) I still got to say that it feels just like the old version of metriod mod and then some!

In a way, you've completely outdone yourself just from hours of playing this with other mods, the whole entirety of this content feels well suited enough to take on calamity and any other powerful bosses. Plus, I like the new ways of obtaining the power beam on start up and additionally, there's a pretty good climb to power and the progression involved in it.

So apparently I was only half right about github requiring premium to make a repo private. It use to be a thing, but recently there was a change allowing unlimited access to make repos private. Which means...

samus-meme.png

The github of this mod is now private.

Though, after first release, I'll make it public.

Admittedly I was slightly worried. Of course, this is merely a fan project and not some major game leak, but it did kinda annoy me. And I know a "leak" has already taken place, but having it halted now kinda gives me some relief.

So apparently I was only half right about github requiring premium to make a repo private. It use to be a thing, but recently there was a change allowing unlimited access to make repos private. Which means...

View attachment 271557
The github of this mod is now private.

Though, after first release, I'll make it public.

Admittedly I was slightly worried. Of course, this is merely a fan project and not some major game leak, but it did kinda annoy me. And I know a "leak" has already taken place, but having it halted now kinda gives me some relief.
That's totally fine, there'll always be some unchecked back doors now and then. Though, I never would've thought that'd happen unless you'd have to constantly check the thread to know it got leaked

Although, Metroid mod is having some...INTERESTING combinations with other mods, specifically the elemental quiver from Calamity. I've tested on the endgame set up on power beam and Missile launcher and its...Well....How should I show it...
Capture 2020-05-18 14_59_18.png
Terraria_2020-05-18_14-56-12.png

I don't want to give off the impression that it looks like I'm bragging at getting dibs but I want to show the absolute possibilities this mod can perform. Scooter, you are, by no doubt, an amazing programmer. Just by making this mod a reality is truly, a huge blessing.

Honestly, this is just a small taste for things to come and I have no qualms waiting for the next update. The fact that there is still some work to be done just gets me even more excited.

By far, this is both a love letter to Metroid and Terraria in all one heaping pile of epic proportions.

That's totally fine, there'll always be some unchecked back doors now and then. Though, I never would've thought that'd happen unless you'd have to constantly check the thread to know it got leaked

Although, Metroid mod is having some...INTERESTING combinations with other mods, specifically the elemental quiver from Calamity. I've tested on the endgame set up on power beam and Missile launcher and its...Well....How should I show it...

I don't want to give off the impression that it looks like I'm bragging at getting dibs but I want to show the absolute possibilities this mod can perform. Scooter, you are, by no doubt, an amazing programmer. Just by making this mod a reality is truly, a huge blessing.

Honestly, this is just a small taste for things to come and I have no qualms waiting for the next update. The fact that there is still some work to be done just gets me even more excited.

By far, this is both a love letter to Metroid and Terraria in all one heaping pile of epic proportions.
lol even though this doesn't really spoil it lets not send pictures of anything in this mod. NO SPOILERS. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

lol even though this doesn't really spoil it lets not send pictures of anything in this mod. NO SPOILERS. SHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
ye, no worries. this is gonna be the only thing I'll share because even though the mod has much of a huge substance to it, there are some things missing like its a road being rebuilt with some potholes to fix here and there. They'll get ironed out eventually.

Till' then, I'm gonna have to clock out from 1.4 until the mods fully updated to both the released builds of Journey's end and TmodLoader

Is anyone else curious to know how the addition of new weapons, accessories and bosses affects the game's lore? (I mean the vanilla version of the game)

Is anyone else curious to know how the addition of new weapons, accessories and bosses affects the game's lore? (I mean the vanilla version of the game)

Not really, my friend, Terraria doesnt need any lore more than your "headlore"
For me it is simple, the world needed a champion, and that is you, to stop the imbalance of light/darkness. In the process you screw it up releasing "all" the spirits ala Pandora's Box killing the guide, who doesnt know he is a chaos embodiment of sorts. Then you realice how to make a good end of it. Or maybe it was the only way to restore it, to unleash it all and make a new world order. If the guide and the guns seller knows it and how much, I dont know (based in their lines about the vodoo doll)
Maybe, of all the NPCs, you are the "Builder NPC" and after all the suffer about how the corruption is eating your wonderful world, that make you angry and learn how to be a warrior/ranger/magician/summoner/mix and decide to change it yourself.

For make it short, Terraria doesn't need any lore at all. Is up to you what you want to think.

PD: The guide said to me yesterday if I saw some lights in the sky, and that was to celebrate my current victories and the next ones. That made me think if they release them after I killed the Eye of Cthulhu or not. I am not sure.o_O:D

Not really, my friend, Terraria doesnt need any lore more than your "headlore"
For me it is simple, the world needed a champion, and that is you, to stop the imbalance of light/darkness. In the process you screw it up releasing "all" the spirits ala Pandora's Box killing the guide, who doesnt know he is a chaos embodiment of sorts. Then you realice how to make a good end of it. Or maybe it was the only way to restore it, to unleash it all and make a new world order. If the guide and the guns seller knows it and how much, I dont know (based in their lines about the vodoo doll)
Maybe, of all the NPCs, you are the "Builder NPC" and after all the suffer about how the corruption is eating your wonderful world, that make you angry and learn how to be a warrior/ranger/magician/summoner/mix and decide to change it yourself.

For make it short, Terraria doesn't need any lore at all. Is up to you what you want to think.

PD: The guide said to me yesterday if I saw some lights in the sky, and that was to celebrate my current victories and the next ones. That made me think if they release them after I killed the Eye of Cthulhu or not. I am not sure.o_O:D

Yeah, you are right, beside what is official, we could guess the rest. The player could be some sort of weapon that works on "instinct", whose purpose is to purify the world. The player could be an adventurer, someone that was just teleported/summoned with or without a mission, a divine being that could grow stronger with each fight and bit of knowledge they aquired, or it could just be "you" in hopes of doing the "right thing" (based in the fact you can also further screw things up if you decide), etc.
Well, we can only make our own theories. :happy:

Hmmmm Raymond you say? Yes, yes, he was a fine fellow.
Raymond? What?! Hahahaha, who is Raymond?o_O:D
You confuse me, my friend :confused:

Yeah Zer0Kai, that is it. Each of us have our own ideas (or none, if you want too)
When Relogic decided to show us the oficial lore, I actually was disapointed, because with an oficial statement, maybe my ideas could mix with it and get worse or whatever. At least it didn't. And I am (as usually) playing without asking me these questions, like where, why, how... blah...
Im just playing, and making the world a bit better, because these NPCs will not save themselves, right?

PD: I am legitimately scared about the idea of fighting the MASTER Moonlord... oh my guts...:eek::rolleyes:

PPD: You made me think about Cloud of Darkness saying the player is a weapon of sorts, that maybe doesn't know it but do the right thing for the world, for the balance of th dark/light, like her/he/it in Final Fantasy 3

PPPD: That line of you, that we can screw it more than it is, that is usually what I do. I always do another world with the oposite evil, kill the EoC and farm evil seeds then plant them in my homeworld. That way I will have all the three biomes spread, and can farm anything in just one world. Usually I put the seeds beyond the dungeon and make that 1/4 of the map that evil. If I am more organized, I would make evil water bottles too, and spread it underground. Usually the Dungeon itself is a large vertical wall, so the new evil can't spread everywhere.
Whatever, is always a mess of evil forces fighting for the last inch of stone down there.:nymph::pumpking:
I never purify anything but some of my buildings and (of course) the jungle. Even spread the hallow on it. But my jungles always, ALWAYS have the evil just on top of it... And sometimes even one in each side AND on top at same time `:D-_-
Of course you do... why not...right?

Last edited:
I actually have never, ever thought about terraria lore. I just don’t care. You get loot and beat the :red: out of everything. Thats all I need. I don’t need this boring cliche ying yang bs. Gameplay suffices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom