WIP Tree house

Zerhackfetzer

Terrarian
Hello everyone, first post here,

I'm currently building a tree house and want to add a bit more flavor to it, any recommendations?

PS: Still pre-HM, so I'd prefer materials/furniture that is currently available to me :)

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Capture 2020-05-19 23_53_03.png

Last edited:
That looks good! I would say that so many people together can make the NPCs feel crowded though.

As for advice... Maybe some brown-dyed vine rope as rough rope for climbing to the top of the trees if you want that? It seems pretty good to me!

I didn't even know to this point that vine rope exists, I'll definitely try that. As for the rooms, I think I'll expand the existing ones and make bigger ones altogether, after all I only want three npc living there.

I will post you some screenshots of my own tree house to give you some inspiration. Note that this actually took a two man team a quite long time to build (this world is several years old and still used). Use paint, use vines, use waterfalls. Use jungle grass to induce jungle biome (and jungle vines) at times, emerald gemspark blocks to colorize water, use torches and living cursed fire. Let your imagination run wild :)

Attachments

• Darmeha04.jpg
    Darmeha04.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 521
  • Darmeha03.jpg
    Darmeha03.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 160
  • Darmeha02.jpg
    Darmeha02.jpg
    644 KB · Views: 279
  • Darmeha01.jpg
    Darmeha01.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 148
Absolutely looking forward to the living cursed fire, that looks amazing. I'll get some colored torches too and will add some living mahagony.
The two trees in the middle were generated naturally and I didn't want to touch them, but now I'll probably change them up completely.

If changing them isn't your intention, you may also choose to expand upon them, turning the whole thing into a treetop house, rather than tree house. Lighting and biome make a lot of aesthetical difference as well.

Update 1:

Adding background and mahagony leafs made a huge difference, still working on the general shape before I move on to revamp the interior. (Also no colored ropes because I don't have the painter as of yet)

Capture 2020-05-20 16_16_36.png

Also if anyone is interested, here are the previous steps:

Capture 2020-05-19 19_59_43.png
Capture 2020-05-19 20_53_39.png

Are you going for a spiral staircase feeling for the centre staircase? Because that can be done better, let me see if I can find a good picture of it...
This is a good tutorial on staircases anyway! But the third design is the one I think you can use there, it'd look good if you replaced the middle of that column with something else!

Are you going for a spiral staircase feeling for the centre staircase? Because that can be done better, let me see if I can find a good picture of it...
This is a good tutorial on staircases anyway! But the third design is the one I think you can use there, it'd look good if you replaced the middle of that column with something else!

Yes! That was exactly what I was looking for, those stairs almost drove me insane.

Its a good idea to stick to a theme. Another good thing to remember is that even small details can have big impacts on your build, making a spaceship? Then use actuators and pressure plates plus some wire or use a door that fits your aesthetic. I’m this case, use foreign plants like strange plants. You can even paint local plants to make the vegetation look unique, it’s up to you.

Back
Top Bottom