Weapons & Equip Zenith is OP af.

Is Zenith OP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BIgWyrm67

Terrarian
This weapon does double the damage it should be doing. It clearly outshines all other weapons in the game and can achieve 8k DPS on a single target with no accessories. Not to mention this sword can go through wall can can reach across the whole screen.

For comparison...
On a single target with no accessories or buffs: the last prism can get 3-4k DPS, terraprisma and star dragon get around 1400-1800 DPS, and SDMG can barely hold 1600 DPS.

But here comes Zenith doing quadruple the damage that most endgame weapons do, can hit anything onscreen through walls, and at no mana cost! This coupled with the recent solar armor buff makes melee the clear meta for master mode, and trivializes the moonlord and master mode in general.

Zenith needs a nerf.
Change my mind.

As an endgame weapon requiring all the notable members of the sword family to create, I think its power is exactly where it should be. The problem is that, in the classic "melee bias" I see spouted a lot around here, Zenith is a Warrior weapon, with no counterpart available to Rangers, Sorcerers, or Summoners. I already posited a suggestion on the 1.4 balance thread to simply change Zenith to untyped "true" damage, but Leinfors made it pretty clear that's a change he doesn't see as something he can sell up the food chain.

I feel like the Terraprisma could be that, even if it is obtainable much sooner. I know you said that "an ultimate Minion would remove all challenge", but that's exactly what the Zenith does.
True, but you still at least need to click for Zenith `:p Ultimate minion wouldn't even need that!

It's pretty much a Bragging Rights reward, since you have to defeat the Moon Lord twice to get it. My only real complaint is that there's no counterpart for the other classes, but then again, those have less weapons than melee (In no small part because melee in practice i like 4 different classes, but swords get too much attention for being oversized knives while spears only have the North Pole as it's most endgame weapon, flails have the same situation but worse because it's most powerful weapon is the Drippler Crippler in terms of retaining the classic functionality, and shortswords dissapear entirely after the pre-HM ores).

The zenith doesn't remove any challenge because its only obtainable after you beat the game, if you want a challenge after beating the game just start a new character, or even better, just don't use the zenith. Would be cool having counter parts for the other classes though, even if all I want from re-logic is to get a level of zoom equal to 1080p screens on lower resolutions.

There's one glaring problem with the Zenith that I can't abide by: it's nearly impossible to balance mods around. Calamity and Thorium both have endgame content, and while admittedly Calamity has plenty of weapons that far surpass Zenith, the problem there is Zenith allows you to basically skip a good chunk of Clam's progression. Meanwhile, it would absolutely trivialize the one piece of of post-ML content that Thorium has, and there's not even equivalents for other classes to rebalance such progression around unless the mods themselves add it in. There's also the issue that Zenith really requires no thought to actually use. It's practically a screen clear.

It being so overpowered would be fine if other classes had their own equivalents of Zenith. As it is now, we either need to have those equivalents made or nerf Zenith to be about as powerful as Terra-Sword or Night's Edge are in their own tiers.
celebration mk2 aint as powerful as the zenith, plus mages and summoners could also use an op megatrolling weapon for the post-endgame. So you're right I guess but a nerf would ruin the "overpowered weapon" aspect of it

There's one glaring problem with the Zenith that I can't abide by: it's nearly impossible to balance mods around. Calamity and Thorium both have endgame content, and while admittedly Calamity has plenty of weapons that far surpass Zenith, the problem there is Zenith allows you to basically skip a good chunk of Clam's progression. Meanwhile, it would absolutely trivialize the one piece of of post-ML content that Thorium has, and there's not even equivalents for other classes to rebalance such progression around unless the mods themselves add it in. There's also the issue that Zenith really requires no thought to actually use. It's practically a screen clear.
That's more a problem with the mods themselves, which could alter the Zenith's crafting recipe, make bosses unable to drop anything if killed with the Zenith, or even disable it entirely

Not every mod wants to alter vanilla like that.
And not every mod has to be balanced around vanilla. Calamity straight up ditches Vanilla almost immediately after ML.

The weapon is Post-moon lord After EVERY BOSS in the game. Its a pain to grind for and its meant to be a celebration of your journey and all the swords you obtained through it. The power is exactly what I would expect from that. Also mods can easily get past the problem with Zenith. The game isn't meant for mods. The vanilla Players are not concerned about mods.

This weapon does double the damage it should be doing. It clearly outshines all other weapons in the game and can achieve 8k DPS on a single target with no accessories. Not to mention this sword can go through wall can can reach across the whole screen.

For comparison...
On a single target with no accessories or buffs: the last prism can get 3-4k DPS, terraprisma and star dragon get around 1400-1800 DPS, and SDMG can barely hold 1600 DPS.

But here comes Zenith doing quadruple the damage that most endgame weapons do, can hit anything onscreen through walls, and at no mana cost! This coupled with the recent solar armor buff makes melee the clear meta for master mode, and trivializes the moonlord and master mode in general.

Zenith needs a nerf.
Change my mind.

It's intentional. Its arguably the hardest weapon to obtain. It signifies 1.4, being op is the point

Mods with post Moon-Lord content can quite easily alter the stats of the zenith to balance it. Vanilla is Vanilla, mods are mods

it's literally the final weapon in the game, nothing comes after it, and it's already been commented on that there is nothing left to balance it towards.

people are only complaining about it being OP because none of the other classes have an equally OP final weapon, as far as i can tell.

I agree with like everyone in this thread. It’s balanced fine because of where it’s at. If you only had to beat the Moon Lord once then I would maybe nerf it a little bit but since you have to beat the moon lord at least twice and beat a bunch of events, I think it’s fine.

Back
Top Bottom