Official The End of the Journey - The Beginning for Terraria: Journey's End Out Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are talking about power difference between ichor and cursed flames (and specifically golden shower), because obviously ichor is extremely overpowered when compared to cursed flames, so it being nerfed to be on par with cursed flames is not unreasonable suggestion.

I think the immunities have to change. A lot of enemies that are immune to Ichor should not be immune to Cursed Inferno. Those immunities should not be changed because of logic but, should be changed for balance. Maybe some Hallow enemies should now be affected by curse inferno as an example. A pure damage buff on the effect will just make it more hit or miss.

alright, i was very confused for a bit about what was actually being said... i see now after looking up cursed flames and seeing the immunity issue.

i don't see why ichor should be nerfed though, just buff cursed flames?

though you'd think if there should be a balance change there, they would've done so by now.

i mean, the jungle is essential to progression, but it has yet to be given a corruption/crimson form instead of being wiped out altogether, so...

Just if you guys didn’t know, moon lords legs have been put in the tiniest chest and have shrunk down, so wear them

also yes that’s a riddle lol
There’s actually several moonlord’s legs in the Easter egg world. Here I wear them in armour and vanity
7E4FD747-AC66-4391-B112-4A5D684E048D.jpeg

enjoying the game so far... i hope the final touch on lenguajes fix much of the translation errors that persist. things like the angler being called "the Rape" in spanish cause "rape" is the spanish name of the angler fish, or when u died and became a "Mountain" of flesh instead of a pile of flesh. (accidentally creating a new crimsom biome )

Capture 2020-05-14 20_11_18.png

It would be cool if this was for other classes, too.
I know, there must be something like a zapinator upgrade for magic, an ultimate bow combination for range, a combination of summon staffs for summoners too.

But it wasn't difficult for me, because i already had some of them except for influx weaver, seedler, horseman's blade, the enchanted sword, and the most difficult to get, The Copper Shortsword:p

Last edited:
Man.. the summoner progression, atleast pre-hardmode still feels a bit meh.. you might have a chance to get the finch staff from the living trees, or ya might not get it all (per world anyway), slime staff is still exceedingly rare and the whips are cool, but if you don't got the finch staff or the slime staff, the whip is just an underpowered melee weapon. The progression still mostly starts from the jungle and still only has exactly one armor for pre-hardmode and gets the two minions from previous versions afterwards, while the other 3 classes have a steady progression tied to the gems and ores. Is there a reason why it is like this?

Man.. the summoner progression, atleast pre-hardmode still feels a bit meh.. you might have a chance to get the finch staff from the living trees, or ya might not get it all (per world anyway), slime staff is still exceedingly rare and the whips are cool, but if you don't got the finch staff or the slime staff, the whip is just an underpowered melee weapon. The progression still mostly starts from the jungle and still only has exactly one armor for pre-hardmode and gets the two minions from previous versions afterwards, while the other 3 classes have a steady progression tied to the gems and ores. Is there a reason why it is like this?

There is another summon weapon you can get as early as the first Blood Moon.

If you fish during the Blood moon, you can fish up several enemies that have a 25% drop chance of the new summon weapon. It's quite easy to make a box where you can fish from but the enemies can't attack you, but you attack them.

Just make a 4 by 6 box (a 2x3 interior), a trapdoor on top, and then mine out one of the bottom blocks below you feet, and slope the other one downward.

Hug the wall of the side you mined the block out of, and you can send the fishing lure through the 1 block hole and attack through the one block hole easily, but can't be attacked. You can also get some other good fishing loot while doing this, as they expanded the crafting options for the fishing accessories. Frog Suit is really good if you can get it made early on.

In the end, the reason its like this is because for longest time, there was no Summoner. Original progression was designed for three classes, and all sources of summoner stuff have been added in later as to not mess with original 3's progression. Sadly, there is no graceful solution without going back and reimagining all progression for classes from start to hallowed armor tier.

I did find out about the blood moon fishing, the enemies you fish out are extremely tough, and atleast when I was doing it, the drop rate was still 2% for the summoning staff, and even then, the summon felt inferior to the stuff you get later on, the imp and the hornet.. but, I guess it's something atleast. And yeah, I'm aware that the summoner did indeed come afterwards, I'm just hoping that the summoner gets tweaked into a state where it's comparable to the other classes, atleast in some degree, could be something as basic as having basic summon turrets or something else composed of gems, kinda like how the mage's staffs work.

After thinking about the summoner progression, I realised that I had been consistently forgetting the dungeon defenders event exists, which give summoner weapons.. damnit. Still, it would be nice if the progression was fleshed out, maybe not in the gem way I thought of, but some other way. Maybe have the zoologist sell the finch staff and maybe an additional minion staff before you get to the queen bee? With that said, you can only get weapons from the event in tier 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom