Console Suggestion: Keyboard & Mouse support

Should Terraria have Keyboard & Mouse support on console?

• Yes

Votes: 57 96.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Honestly Im not big on extra equipment just to play a game. If I wanted to use keyboard and a mouse, I just would’ve bought it on PC.

Same with Controller support. I just would’ve bought a game on the console

PC Terraria has controller support, just thought it should be said.

First thread post here but i just gotta ask how many people would like for keyboard and mouse support on ps4 and xbox one. Yea you could just tell us to use pc if we want mouse and keyboard. Well the simple answer is that some of us dont have the money for any kind of pc or laptop or anything similar and only already have a ps4 or xbox one. Keyboards and mice are relatively cheap. So being able to use those on our console editions, would be perfect. Especially with the new u.i. Design change. Maybe we could do a petition? Or just have one of the devs see this and acknowledge the want for keyboard/mouse support

First thread post here but i just gotta ask how many people would like for keyboard and mouse support on ps4 and xbox one. Yea you could just tell us to use pc if we want mouse and keyboard. Well the simple answer is that some of us dont have the money for any kind of pc or laptop or anything similar and only already have a ps4 or xbox one. Keyboards and mice are relatively cheap. So being able to use those on our console editions, would be perfect. Especially with the new u.i. Design change. Maybe we could do a petition? Or just have one of the devs see this and acknowledge the want for keyboard/mouse support
Hi @Kirusdagon, I moved your post into this thread as it’s about the same topic. You can browse through the other posts here and see what others are saying. :)

With the growing number of games supporting mouse amd keyboard, i was wondering if this was something being developed. Its always been something me and many others have wanted for years. I just would love to know if this will ever come to xbox. I do not have pc to game on and cant afford one. Love your game! This would just make me love it 100% more :)

there is no news I know of confirming this, can't deny it either but I don't think this is on there radar as of late

With the growing number of games supporting mouse amd keyboard, i was wondering if this was something being developed. Its always been something me and many others have wanted for years. I just would love to know if this will ever come to xbox. I do not have pc to game on and cant afford one. Love your game! This would just make me love it 100% more :)
Hi @RespectedFlea, I moved your post into this thread as it’s about the same topic. You can browse through the other posts here and see what others are saying. :)

I was wondering if mouse and keyboard will be unable on ps4 in the next update, because it change completely the gameplay and I am sure that a lot of players would love to play terraria on console with a mouse and keyboard

I was wondering if mouse and keyboard will be unable on ps4 in the next update, because it change completely the gameplay and I am sure that a lot of players would love to play terraria on console with a mouse and keyboard
Hi @lyuman, I moved your post into this thread as it’s about the same topic. You can browse through the other posts here and see what others are saying. :)

At this time I don’t know of any plans to include keyboard support for the next update.

Wow, 2016 seemed like a lifetime ago :), it's good to see there's still some interest in KB/M support and a HUGE thank you to the forum Mods for consistently moving keyboard/mouse support queries over to the correct thread, you're all amazing!

On a side note, I'm getting back into Terraria, just catching up on the last year or so of updates/fixes/additions (plenty of reading).

P.s hoping one of those mentioned QoL changes post 1.4 might include KB/M support *crosses fingers*

Wow, 2016 seemed like a lifetime ago :), it's good to see there's still some interest in KB/M support and a HUGE thank you to the forum Mods for consistently moving keyboard/mouse support queries over to the correct thread, you're all amazing!

On a side note, I'm getting back into Terraria, just catching up on the last year or so of updates/fixes/additions (plenty of reading).

P.s hoping one of those mentioned QoL changes post 1.4 might include KB/M support *crosses fingers*
Lets hope so!

Hi,

Just saw James' ( @ChippyGaming ) video on the 1.4 Journey mode addition coming to PC on May 16th, it's a great video and very informative (no I wasnt paid to say this :) just setting some context)

As a long time terrarian, playing since xbox 360 launch to date (minus a small hiatus), I've seen a lot, bugs, glitches, broken worlds, amazing updates, player and developer support, forum changes, weird drawings, brilliant art work etc.

That being said, I feel now more than ever that we (Console users) could really do with some kind of kb/m implementation, the new UI additions in Journey mode look amazing, however, the main gripe I have at the moment is the pace of the game when playing using a controller and I feel Journey mode on console may further add to slowing the pace at which this game can be played.

As a lot of players, I want my Terraria experience to be as fluid as possible and lately after getting back into the swing of things it hasnt felt the same as pre 1.2.4 old gen did in terms of fluidity, by that I mean things like tabbing across to different menus feels slower, having to move items from the bottom right of my inventory to the top left feels like chore I have to endure every time I pick up an item (surely items should be placed from left to right as priority?), our main restrictions lie within the controller itself, having only 14 map-able buttons but plenty more options left over in the controller settings, it feels like an internal argument on whether to choose to allocate a button for quick mount or auto target, we have the thumbs and fingers, just not the required amount of buttons (even with an elite controller).

I'm really hopeful for the future of one of my most favourite titles, Terraria hasn't just been a game to me, it's been an escape from reality, and I think for a lot of us, we'll still be playing for a long time to come, I know there's been "some" talk internally RE kb/m support and I know 1.4 and the following bug fixes will take priority, but when it comes to Quality of Life additions/changes later on down the line, please consider the possibility for those of us who want kb/m support on console.

Sorry for the lengthy post, Hope your all staying safe and well
:happy:

I'm new to these forums so sorry if this gets asked a lot already, but is there any information on keyboard and mouse support for consoles? I love this game to death but sometimes navigating the menus or even something as simple as writing on a sign can be very tedious and annoying, especially on a controller with drift, you can easily tell that the menus are design with KB+M in mind, so I just think it would be natural for this game to get KB+M support eventually, and with 1.4 being the next and last update for consoles I'm getting worried that this might not happen.

Back
Top Bottom