Blocks & Decoration Make Crumbling Blocks destructible via Weapons

Dakota Spine

Headless Horseman
In theory, I really enjoy the Dungeon having crumbling blocks. But having to stop and mine at them with a Pickaxe is frustratingly slow. And once you have better Pickaxes that can actually break Dungeon Brick, it becomes harder to distinguish what is proper breakable dungeon brick and what is just solid dungeon brick, making the process of clearing the crumbly stuff even longer and more tedious
A simple fix for this I feel would be allowing those bricks to be broken with weapons. Melee, magic, anything that can break things like Jungle Thorns are applicable. Makes the process of clearing the way a lot faster, while still keeping the sense of 'discovery' in place

In theory, I really enjoy the Dungeon having crumbling blocks. But having to stop and mine at them with a Pickaxe is frustratingly slow. And once you have better Pickaxes that can actually break Dungeon Brick, it becomes harder to distinguish what is proper breakable dungeon brick and what is just solid dungeon brick, making the process of clearing the crumbly stuff even longer and more tedious
A simple fix for this I feel would be allowing those bricks to be broken with weapons. Melee, magic, anything that can break things like Jungle Thorns are applicable. Makes the process of clearing the way a lot faster, while still keeping the sense of 'discovery' in place
You can use dangerous potions to see the cracked bricks, and I think bombs remove the brick.

You can use dangerous potions to see the cracked bricks, and I think bombs remove the brick.

It still feels so unnecessary to have so many blocking the typical path you would take. And this still presents the issue of needing to stand back and just clear bricks while enemies come at you. It is a painfully slow activity for the heat of the moment

It's a very intriguing thing that greatly surprised me first time I saw it. I guess it do makes sense not to be easy though? You're there to loot the place, and these undead aren't there to welcome you with open arms taking their treasures XD

By the way, grappling hooks work too against them, right? that's faster than mining, and you can still use weapons meanwhile.

It's a very intriguing thing that greatly surprised me first time I saw it. I guess it do makes sense not to be easy though? You're there to loot the place, and these undead aren't there to welcome you with open arms taking their treasures XD

By the way, grappling hooks work too against them, right? that's faster than mining, and you can still use weapons meanwhile.

I like the idea of clumbling blocks. Secret rooms in the ceiling and spike pitfalls are pretty neat. But when it comes to the zigzagging pathways being utterly filled with crumbling blocks you're tasked with clearing out, it feels more like busy work than actual exploration

Back
Top Bottom