Texture Pack Lostglaceon's Texture Tavern

Lostglaceon

Steampunker
lostglaceon-banner-v2.png

Here, I'll be uploading any custom texture packs I make for the public to use!
If you see one you like, Simply transfer the attached .zip below to Terraria's newly added "ResourcePacks" folder, and you can enable it ingame.

Hope y'all enjoy them!
:dryadhappy:

UPDATE: All my packs are now on Steam for an easier install!

icon.png

Have you ever wondered why in v1.4 there's the classic health/mana UI, but no classic map? The closest we have is the remixed one! %:sigh:

Well,
WORRY NO LONGER!

With this new texture pack, you can replace the Remix map with a remade version of the original one from v1.2-v1.3! (Hooray!)
If you're curious about the differences, I made these little preview images:

map_0.png
map_1.png
map_2.png

icon.png

When I saw the new map borders I immediately fixated on the Valkyrie setting. One thing bothered me, however...

Why isn't there a matching health/mana UI?!

I decided to get to work, and quickly through a pack together!
It looks a little something like this:

ui_prev.png

icon.png

As requested by Kiryu, this UI is a bit more unique than the last one! It changes the hearts and stars to leaves, and all the metal to branches!
Even if it doesn't have the best sprites, I'm sure people will enjoy using it! :dryadgrin:

leafui_prev.png

(Maybe at some point I'll make better ones for other map types, too, leave suggestions!)

icon.png

This is actually something I've been wanting to make for a long time, but never had the motivation to until now.
This pack replaces all the normal cursors with a set of simplistic ones!

Yes, this burned me out a bit trying to figure out which cursor is for what... %:sigh:

preview2.png

icon.png

Yep, that's right. I made another pack that changes the Health and Mana UI!
This one (unlike the others above it) only effects the "Bars" style, but it gives it a little bit of a shape change by making it all rounded! :dryadtongue:

ui_prev.png

icon.png
icon.png

This pack's grown to be quite a bit bigger than I originally intended it to be, and now resprites
both the Fancy and Bars HP/MP UI styles to have a more minimalistic style, but now the Default minimap style's been changed to match!

fancy_prev.png
bars_prev.png
bars_alt_prev.png

(I also redid some of the shading for good measure!)

icon.png

This is one that's been sitting unfinished for a little while which changes the way the dye slots look in comparison to the other parts of the equipment menu. It also fixes up the alignment of some of the icons over there. It's a very simple change, but one that I really like!

I was specifically inspired by
theNinJedi's Rainlight/Stormdark UI packs. (Which will be linked at the bottom of this post!)
preview2.png

icon.png

Yep, finally another cursor pack! This one goes along well with theNinJedi's Sunset Minimal UI pack and I'm hoping I did a good job matching the style that they went for. Did I do a good job? Well, you tell me! :dryadhappy:
preview2.png

(Yes, I used existing sprites for favorite/trash. Don't hurt me!)

icon.png

This one's meant as an addon to theNinJedi's Stormdark UI pack. Made this since the boss' health bar felt jarring when the rest of the UI was resprited! Maybe I'll try and do more packs in the vein of "finishing up" people's themed packs, who knows?

preview.png

icon.png

I don't know if I'll ever do much more with this one, but... this is a version of my "Dye Slot" pack, redone to fit better with Toxijuice's beautiful neon UI packs. As a little "bonus", it does add a chat box, too. I kinda hastily made this, but I figured it would be a neat thing to put up since I don't make too many new packs anymore! :dryadtongue:
preview.png

Text_Back.png

recommendation-banner.png
  • Toxijuice made some fantastic dark neon-themed UI packs that I absolutely love, go and check them out if you're a sucker for that style like I am!
  • theNinJedi has a more minimalistic take on the UI if that's more your style, coming in both light and dark varieties! There's also
  • danrevic has a thread with plenty of well-made texture packs, my personal favorite being the brutal-looking Wall of Flesh resprite (with the closed helmet packs being a close second)!
  • Lunatic Lobbyist made probably my favorite visual tweak pack ever, Better Ambiance. It changes the colors of backgrounds and water to give Terraria an overall brighter look without sacrificing any existing sprites!
  • This is a more subjective one, but I personally love the way the resprites in DirgeofSwans' Tomes Rewritten look. They give each spell tome a more unique aesthetic, and I love the perspective of the sprites!
  • Nioffe's Realistic Weapons and Tools is another pretty subjective one. It changes the way most weapons in the game look, primarily focused on reshaping items such as swords and arrows to make them look like they'd actually be effective weapons if you took them to the real world. I may not like ALL the changes (I still prefer the iconic Breaker Blade's normal sprite and such), but I can absolutely recommend this pack if you want to shake up your Terraria experience a bit!

Attachments

• Classic Map.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 856
  • More Valkyrie UI.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,892
  • More Leaf UI.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Simple Cursors.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 963
  • Rounded Health and Mana UI.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 306
  • Dye Slot.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Sunset-Style Cursors.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Stormdark-Style Boss Health Bar.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Low-Profile UI.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Low-Profile UI (Alt.).zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 116
  • ToxiDyeSlot.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Alright, after a bit of work my first small packs are done! I added a description and icon to each (upscaled the existing one for Classic Map), and I'd love to hear some feedback! :dryadhappy:

THANK YOU! I was hoping there would be matching UI in the first place to health/mana but considering valkyrie is my favorite, this is an excellent middleground! Would absolutely love seeing this turn into more things like this, especially for the leaf map, but if this is the only thing we get, it'd still be perfect!

THANK YOU! I was hoping there would be matching UI in the first place to health/mana but considering valkyrie is my favorite, this is an excellent middleground! Would absolutely love seeing this turn into more things like this, especially for the leaf map, but if this is the only thing we get, it'd still be perfect!

I'm glad so many people like it! :dryadhappy:
I'm uploading a very slight update to the Valkyrie UI in a little bit, once I fix the preview images for it.

As for Leaf themed UI? I'll see what I can do! The fact that certain sprites can't have a different resolution means I'm going to have to try pretty hard, so stay tuned for any news on it!

I'm uploading a very slight update to the Valkyrie UI in a little bit, once I fix the preview images for it.

As for Leaf themed UI? I'll see what I can do! The fact that certain sprites can't have a different resolution means I'm going to have to try pretty hard, so stay tuned for any news on it!
Sounds good! I mean truthfully, any kind of things like that would be super sick, or UI tweaks in general. I for one love your valkyrie UI and will definitely be sticking with it! Will be following this post to see any developments because I see nothing but great things coming from this!

Also if you can't get it to work in a way you like it's perfectly fine, don't stress it too much, just thought about that since pre-1.4 when map styles were released and I wanted them to match :p

Sounds good! I mean truthfully, any kind of things like that would be super sick, or UI tweaks in general. I for one love your valkyrie UI and will definitely be sticking with it! Will be following this post to see any developments because I see nothing but great things coming from this!

I'm glad you like it! :dryadgrin:
I just finished and uploaded v1.1, which adjusts the sprites a bit. specifically the Fancy Classic ones. If you want to see what it looks like, simply take a look at the new preview image.
(And yes, I'm going to start working on the Leaf UI!)

Oh and by the way, you should always edit your comment instead of double-posting. Better to avoid clogging the thread, after all!

I'm glad you like it! :dryadgrin:
I just finished and uploaded v1.1, which adjusts the sprites a bit. specifically the Fancy Classic ones. If you want to see what it looks like, simply take a look at the new preview image.
(And yes, I'm going to start working on the Leaf UI!)

Oh and by the way, you should always edit your comment instead of double-posting. Better to avoid clogging the thread, after all!
It looks fantastic! Take your time with the leaf UI, if you can't get it goin its no sweat!

You right; my brain just: Doesn't work

It looks fantastic! Take your time with the leaf UI, if you can't get it goin its no sweat!

You right; my brain just: Doesn't work

First version is done! It's not my best work (I had trouble doing leaves that small! :dryadtongue:), but it's definitely one of the more creative things I've done. I hope you like it!

Just changed the Heart and Mana textures for the Leaf UI pack, now enemies should drop the properly colored leaves! Oh, and a simplified cursor pack is coming soon! :dryadwink:

Well, it's uploaded! (Finally!)

This set of cursors took the longest to make out of any pack so far, as I had to figure out what each cursor was for, and make an appropriate image for it. I'd love to hear feedback on it!

I made an account at last, mainly to praise you on your wonderful ideas. It's the little things like this I look for often. "little" as in seemingly trivial but seriously, I can't not download this. Looks really perfect in game too! I really like the work you're doing. Keep it up!!
I'm trying to come up with an idea I could request, simple one, since I have no idea how to deal with the texture packs--aside from installing them XD

I made an account at last, mainly to praise you on your wonderful ideas. It's the little things like this I look for often. "little" as in seemingly trivial but seriously, I can't not download this. Looks really perfect in game too! I really like the work you're doing. Keep it up!!
I'm trying to come up with an idea I could request, simple one, since I have no idea how to deal with the texture packs--aside from installing them XD

It's awesome that you're a part of the community now!
And don't worry, take time to think about your request. I need a little break after doing so much stuff, anyways! :dryadtongue:

i love leaf UI. thanks you so much :D

I'm glad you like it! If you have a UI style you want, feel free to request it with an example and when I have time, I'll see what I can do.

It's awesome that you're a part of the community now!
And don't worry, take time to think about your request. I need a little break after doing so much stuff, anyways! :dryadtongue:

I'm glad you like it! If you have a UI style you want, feel free to request it with an example and when I have time, I'll see what I can do.
Take a break! You gave us some BANGER customization that I hoped would be in 1.4, thank you, take it easy now! :D

These are great work, @Lostglaceon . I've been enjoying the Valkyrie version for several days now.

I would like to suggest a version for Stone Gold, Golden (the colors don't match), and Remix. I know Remix is antithetical to the original purpose of the thread, but it also doesn't properly match the new UI.

With that out of the way, I still agree with @Kiryu that you've done plenty for us for now. Feel free to take your time (or ignore)! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom