Terraria State of the Game - May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly hope that there will be an update to focus on the summoner solely. The class has a loooot fixing that needs to be done. Progression is still pretty bad, the minion ai is not very good, the whips are neat but are the direct opposite of what the summoner needs (ah yes, give the squishiest class a weapon that you need to get close to the enemy to use, oh and not good for self defense if you want your minions to attack something specific, not something that just happens to be close) among other things. The least loved class to be sure, needs a lot of fixing, maybe an entire rework in my opinion.

I truly hope that there will be an update to focus on the summoner solely. The class has a loooot fixing that needs to be done. Progression is still pretty bad, the minion ai is not very good, the whips are neat but are the direct opposite of what the summoner needs (ah yes, give the squishiest class a weapon that you need to get close to the enemy to use, oh and not good for self defense if you want your minions to attack something specific, not something that just happens to be close) among other things. The least loved class to be sure, needs a lot of fixing, maybe an entire rework in my opinion.
Summoner is a highly defencive class as is, if you play multiplayer your roll is to stay off to the side and let your minions pull the weight in the fight, possibly working to aid your allies in other ways. Admitedly it lacks a fair bit for early and mid game viability especially solo as summon weapons and armor are rare and often gated behind boss fights, the finch staff was a nice addition but it would be nice to see changes to existing weapons and or the addition of new summons that follow the same logic of the stardust dragon in adding size to the existing summon as opposed to summoning more. The slimestaff droprate could be improved as its rare even with a natural farm as I believe it doesn't drop from statue spawned slimes. A few new armours could be added to permit getting into summoning prior to beating the queen bee and some armour tiers added inbetween bee and spider, and subsequently from spider to tiki, spooky armour is a bit of a sidegrade from tiki or a minimal upgrade as i recall and requires some significant time invested in dealing with the pumpkin moon to grind for the spooky wood.
I've mostly been playing in Journey mode getting a collection complex trying to unlock everything for duplication. Mostly in godmode, so as for how the whips function i couldn't say but from what I've seen they are a step in the right direction, previously as a summoner you'd have to default to melee ranged or magic for personal defence for when your minions were too busy to keep enemies off of you, the whips not only provide defence that scales to your build but also permitting you to target enemies easier than swapping to your staff to make a target command then back to your primary defencive tool.

WAIT THIS COULD MEAN CROSSPLAY BETWEEN MOBILE AND PC... :O
I wonder if Terraria will be cross platform once everything is on the same update. I would really like it because me and my siblings can’t play together.
I have been cautiously optimistic for this, with them having delayed 1.4 so long, i recall it was initially delayed to catch console and mobile up to PC and then the scale of 1.4 blew up further than they were expecting so they decided to push it to being a much larger update.

I wonder if Terraria will be cross platform once everything is on the same update. I would really like it because me and my siblings can’t play together.
That would be super cool but considering some versions don't even have split screen yet I doubt that we'lol get it...at least anytime soon.

i know i've been the most negative one here, but i keep seeing people mention how pipeworks took awhile with 1.3... you guys do know they had to completely rebuild the game from scratch for that update, right?

a book filled with artwork and terraria history would be pretty cool... i love things like that.
Do you know how much people hated the 1.3 Console crafting UI? They didn't even consider peoples criticism they litterally copy and pasted the PC craft menu UI. How is that building from grounds up? Do you know how hard it is to navigate through that Crafting menu for a PS4 or X-Bow compared to the old one? Pretty difficult compared to using the same menu for PC or Mobile devices. No optimization what's so ever. At least DR studio implemented a mobile legacy feature autoswing for all weapons and Jump with one swipe of the joystick as a toggle-able option.

Do you know how much people hated the 1.3 Console crafting UI? They didn't even consider peoples criticism they litterally copy and pasted the PC craft menu UI. How is that building from grounds up? Do you know how hard it is to navigate through that Crafting menu for a PS4 or X-Bow compared to the old one? Pretty difficult compared to using the same menu for PC or Mobile devices. No optimization what's so ever. At least DR studio implemented a mobile legacy feature autoswing for all weapons and Jump with one swipe of the joystick as a toggle-able option.

it's building from the ground up cause they had to completely dump the old code and use the PC code to create the console versions, the only trace of the old console version is a few vanity sets for the most part, so as to not completely pretend the original didn't exist.

the "copy and paste" comment makes me feel like you just think they brought up PC terraria and copied everything over like they put it in photoshop or something and literally no effort went into it...

the crafting menus are how they're supposed to be, honestly, you praise the original console crafting menu like it was perfect, but i had a fair share of complaints about it, and while it took some getting used to, i prefer the current crafting menu.

if the UI size is what is causing problems for you, well that's why we got a UI scaling option.

i have no problem playing terraria on console as it is now.

and clearly not that many people hated how things turned out, considering such a large part of the community is on console.

it's building from the ground up cause they had to completely dump the old code and use the PC code to create the console versions, the only trace of the old console version is a few vanity sets for the most part, so as to not completely pretend the original didn't exist.

the "copy and paste" comment makes me feel like you just think they brought up PC terraria and copied everything over like they put it in photoshop or something and literally no effort went into it...

the crafting menus are how they're supposed to be, honestly, you praise the original console crafting menu like it was perfect, but i had a fair share of complaints about it, and while it took some getting used to, i prefer the current crafting menu.

if the UI size is what is causing problems for you, well that's why we got a UI scaling option.

and clearly not that many people hated how things turned out, considering such a large part of the community is on console.
ayy Remember I said copied and pasted the UI of the crafting menu I didn't say they copied everything I just feel like they spent more effort on the switch version of the game compared to the X-Box or PS4 version. I think they should have implemented options like you get to choose which menu you want kinda like how DR gave the ability to choose which control set up you want

gonna just say that yeah using the 1.3 UI is a huge pain on console and its something that gets common criticism from most console players I see when they gripe about the game and it just seems out of place to use a UI made for PC and not one made for console but hey who knows what the future will bring

what exactly is the problem with the crafting menu? and what does mobile's crafting menu look like?

atleast give some actual evidence as to how it's "not optimized" and "bad".

also, i find it odd that so many people want crossplay, but also want all the versions to be completely different from each other... doesn't that kinda make it HARDER for crossplay to ever become a thing?

All I want to know is when Journeys end will come out! (For us post update people)
Even a estimate time please!
We all been driven insane seeing all these youtubers having so much fun while we are left in the dust .

what exactly is the problem with the crafting menu? and what does mobile's crafting menu look like?

atleast give some actual evidence as to how it's "not optimized" and "bad".

also, i find it odd that so many people want crossplay, but also want all the versions to be completely different from each other... doesn't that kinda make it HARDER for crossplay to ever become a thing?
It takes so long to craft 1 item on a console other than Switch(which is kinda like mobile) . Let's say I take 3 seconds to craft an Item on console with the same UI, I can craft an Item in one second on a PC or Mobile device. That means it takes 3 times as long to craft an item on the console with a PC UI. The old UI took me like 1.5 seconds per separate item. That's twice as much time wasted. Mobile isn't too big of an issue with that UI because I can use my hands. I have to move my whole cursor just to select and craft an item. Using the joystick feels so sluggish and slow. For a mobile device it's two taps for a PC using the mouse is so efficient. This kinda setup isn't ideal for non switch consoles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-31-21-56-02-097_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-31-21-56-02-097_com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid.png
    317.8 KB · Views: 145
It takes so long to craft 1 item on a console other than Switch(which is kinda like mobile) . Let's say I take 3 seconds to craft an Item on console with the same UI, I can craft an Item in one second on a PC or Mobile device. That means it takes 3 times as long to craft an item on the console with a PC UI. The old UI took me like 1.5 seconds per separate item. That's twice as much time wasted. Mobile isn't too big of an issue with that UI because I can use my hands. I have to move my whole cursor just to select and craft an item. Using the joystick feels so sluggish and slow. For a mobile device it's two taps for a PC using the mouse is so efficient. This kinda setup isn't ideal for non switch consoles.

...HOW does it take longer to craft one item on console than on anything else? i don't get that...

also, are we REALLY narrowing it down to such an insignificant amount of time?

you can say "it takes three times as long" all you want, but we're still talking about mere seconds... single-digits... on the lower end of them, even.

3 seconds... we're not flies, you know, we aren't gonna die by the end of the month, we really shouldn't need to min-max life by the seconds.

and that picture... dude, my head hurts just looking at that... i can't even begin to understand what i'm looking at.

...HOW does it take longer to craft one item on console than on anything else? i don't get that...

also, are we REALLY narrowing it down to such an insignificant amount of time?

you can say "it takes three times as long" all you want, but we're still talking about mere seconds... single-digits... on the lower end of them, even.

3 seconds... we're not flies, you know, we aren't gonna die by the end of the month, we really shouldn't need to min-max life by the seconds.

and that picture... dude, my head hurts just looking at that... i can't even begin to understand what i'm looking at.
found it off the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom