Honestly what´s up with the world gen ??

ZeroWalker

Terrarian
This must be me but I think they random world gen need to be changed I made 50 maps now to find something not messed up but nope. I tried both medium and small I mostly want small one the others are way to big. Anyway the problem I find is getting 3 or 4 random sized deserts in 1 small map or 4-5 of does living trees or hey you get 1 snow bio but it´s completely destroyed by corruption or crimson.

if I make 1 small map there should be only 1 Crimson/Corruption sure If I make a medium/large there can be more of them but 1 decently large on a small map is enugh.
Also 1-2 living tress would be enugh
Also it´s enugh with 1 large desert bio not 2-4 small ones.

It all feels like the world gen is trying to generate a medium map on to a small map so it all becomes messed up.

honestly it´s all so annoying I rely don´t want to play terraria any more. And I did not have this type of problem with small maps back in 2018 the world gen felt like it should and did not spawn in 3-4 desserts or 5 living trees or 2-3 corruptions/Crimsons.

Two things you mentioned, deserts and living trees, changed a little bit.

Living Trees are now somewhat more of a mini biome where it's pretty common of multiple living trees next to each other, no matter the world size.

Regarding deserts there is still the one main desert (but the underground layout changed a bit) and some small deserts which existed before 1.4 too. But now these small deserts are now sometimes larger because they have the oasis mini biome inside them, so it's kind of a own biome and not just a desert.

Small worlds have been kind of a problem in Terraria since 1.2, and the additions over the years have only increased the issue. The main thing is that there's just not enough space for the number of biomes to breathe.

You've got underground desert, ice, jungle, evil and the Dungeon, all competing for space against the regular underground/cavern. You need at least two patches of evil in order to have enough space to provide enough Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts for the player to get a good amount of loot. You need at least two patches of desert in 1.4: one for an oasis and one for underground (which may just be one big one). You need enough ice for the player to have a reasonable shot at all the ice chest loot available. And so forth.

Small worlds just don't have enough space for this much stuff. So there's going to be overlap: the evil is going to have to interfere with at least one of the other biomes. There's just no other way to do it.

The designers could just not put so much variety in the game, but... why would you want that?

Small worlds have been kind of a problem in Terraria since 1.2, and the additions over the years have only increased the issue. The main thing is that there's just not enough space for the number of biomes to breathe.

You've got underground desert, ice, jungle, evil and the Dungeon, all competing for space against the regular underground/cavern. You need at least two patches of evil in order to have enough space to provide enough Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts for the player to get a good amount of loot. You need at least two patches of desert in 1.4: one for an oasis and one for underground (which may just be one big one). You need enough ice for the player to have a reasonable shot at all the ice chest loot available. And so forth.

Small worlds just don't have enough space for this much stuff. So there's going to be overlap: the evil is going to have to interfere with at least one of the other biomes. There's just no other way to do it.

The designers could just not put so much variety in the game, but... why would you want that?

Well maybe change the size of all maps would help and I mean as 11clock said we have pylons now making traversing maps better so enlarging the maps spacing out everything would make more sense. Instead of everything cluttered so close it just becomes a damn mess I mean they have this HUGE damn patch just relased but never ever did they think it would be a time to change the map sizes to accommodate all the biom´s.

Well maybe change the size of all maps would help and I mean as 11clock said we have pylons now making traversing maps better so enlarging the maps spacing out everything would make more sense. Instead of everything cluttered so close it just becomes a damn mess I mean they have this HUGE damn patch just relased but never ever did they think it would be a time to change the map sizes to accommodate all the biom´s.

Map size is a player choice. Yes, Pylons definitely make medium-sized maps more navigable (and I'm personally annoyed that I didn't think about that when I started on my small world). But even with Pylons, map size has consequences.

The Underworld is 50% farther away from the surface in a medium map. That's a pretty substantial extra distance to travel and mine. If you want to do some quarantining of biomes pre-Hardmode, that's going to take longer too. You'll find a lot more chests and such underground as you roam around, but more often than not, they'll be repeats of existing stuff. Medium-sized worlds are meant for multiple players, and they have too much stuff for one person.

Now, that being said, I think a message on the world creation screen that small-sized maps have a greater chance of biome overlap is probably something that should be implemented. But simply making the map bigger isn't the way.

Perhaps there could be more world generation options. You still need a Dungeon, Jungle, and Evil, but Ice/Desert could be optional. There could still be surface snow/desert biomes just to break up the monotony, but being able to turn off one or both of the large underground networks could help alleviate some of the crowding problems with Evil spawning on top of things.

Map size is a player choice. Yes, Pylons definitely make medium-sized maps more navigable (and I'm personally annoyed that I didn't think about that when I started on my small world). But even with Pylons, map size has consequences.

The Underworld is 50% farther away from the surface in a medium map. That's a pretty substantial extra distance to travel and mine. If you want to do some quarantining of biomes pre-Hardmode, that's going to take longer too. You'll find a lot more chests and such underground as you roam around, but more often than not, they'll be repeats of existing stuff. Medium-sized worlds are meant for multiple players, and they have too much stuff for one person.
I’m so used to using. Medium worlds it’s fine, then I go to large, and I’m like ughhh why did I choose that, then I’m like I need those scarab bombs, I’m also like that on mobile, I miss scarab bombs and block swap.

Now, that being said, I think a message on the world creation screen that small-sized maps have a greater chance of biome overlap is probably something that should be implemented. But simply making the map bigger isn't the way.

Perhaps there could be more world generation options. You still need a Dungeon, Jungle, and Evil, but Ice/Desert could be optional. There could still be surface snow/desert biomes just to break up the monotony, but being able to turn off one or both of the large underground networks could help alleviate some of the crowding problems with Evil spawning on top of things.

Yeah that sounds like an idea make some bioms optimal when ceatring a new world just like you can pick Crimson or Corruption. I mean im glad that there is allot but it also becomes a problem that it becomes to much it just becomes a mess to much can be bad instead of good.

I love how terraria is but in away I kind of like how starbound did it making each biom it´s own planets. Or how minecraft made their hell a separate world you teleport to.

Ive been running into this issue lately as well. I never like to cheat in Terraria but the past couple of worlds I've made, I've just used world editors to tweak the evil biomes because I've ended up TWICE having crimson spawn in the smack middle of my jungle. I get why it does that but I find the mechanic to be awful so I just fix it myself

Ive been running into this issue lately as well. I never like to cheat in Terraria but the past couple of worlds I've made, I've just used world editors to tweak the evil biomes because I've ended up TWICE having crimson spawn in the smack middle of my jungle. I get why it does that but I find the mechanic to be awful so I just fix it myself

Well after spending 2 days and remade a medium map 200 times I manage to get a rely nice map where 2 corruptions are at the same spot as far right as you can go and the dungon on the far left man never been so happy. Just a shame I can´t build jack all, so my world is mostly empty all it has are some square boxes deep down underground for no one to see.

Well after spending 2 days and remade a medium map 200 times I manage to get a rely nice map where 2 corruptions are at the same spot as far right as you can go and the dungon on the far left man never been so happy. But I decided to quit playing Terraria I can´t build anything and it makes to frustarted I don´t have fun playing anymore so guess im not testing out 1.4

Back
Top Bottom