tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate to sound impatient, but, could we get an approximate timeline? like, is it possible that it'll be released sometime before june? or, longer still? I really love the mod, and have been waiting on it for awhile, so, take your time if it still needs a bit of polishing

hate to sound impatient, but, could we get an approximate timeline? like, is it possible that it'll be released sometime before june? or, longer still? I really love the mod, and have been waiting on it for awhile, so, take your time if it still needs a bit of polishing

Oh, c'mon. Don't make scooter nervous.
I can bet he is enjoying the new journey or master modes (maybe he is playing journey mode on master difficulty like me. :') i feel dirty)
So, lets just keep our questions to ourselves. We can wait until the official release, right?

*internal screaming intensifies*

But seriously, even if the hype can sometimes be painful, it will just make the waiting more satisfying in the end.

You know what would be absolutely BOSS.
If you had some dungeon version of tourian. With the statues as like the lock to it. The bosses drop a key or you craft from their remains (just spouting ideas).Then you use them on the statue and unlocks it or something like that. Think golems dungeon, except three keys lol.

You know what would be absolutely BOSS.
If you had some dungeon version of tourian. With the statues as like the lock to it. The bosses drop a key or you craft from their remains (just spouting ideas).Then you use them on the statue and unlocks it or something like that. Think golems dungeon, except three keys lol.
If I recall corretly Scooterboot said something about his plans to making Tourian into the mod.

Edit: I searched in the thread and yes, Scooter wants it to be a secret branch of the dungeon, a pirate hideout with Mother Brain and some metroids in it.... awesome.

Last edited:
Dont be sad guys, Scooter has the mod almost done, and in no time we will be playing it. And if it is more than I played years ago... you will be shocked about the cuality!

And now have a couple of questions for Scooterboot if you can:
●Will the Phazon be infectius? I mean it will spread like corruption?
●Your bosses will be compatible with the mod "Boss Checklist"?

And now have a couple of questions for Scooterboot if you can:
●Will the Phazon be infectius? I mean it will spread like corruption?
●Your bosses will be compatible with the mod "Boss Checklist"?

On first release, Phazon will not spread like corruption. Its current mechanic is that a Phazon Meteor will drop after defeating Plantera, and mining the meteor's core causes Phazon to spawn like a hardmode ore (i.e. Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite). And that's basically it. However, the "Prime 1" update that I'm planning will most likely tweak/redo various aspects of the mechanics of Phazon, and the "Prime 3" update will most likely overhaul Phazon altogether.

I've never used Boss Checklist, so I can't say. I should probably give it a test.

On first release, Phazon will not spread like corruption. Its current mechanic is that a Phazon Meteor will drop after defeating Plantera, and mining the meteor's core causes Phazon to spawn like a hardmode ore (i.e. Cobalt/Mythril/Adamantite). And that's basically it. However, the "Prime 1" update that I'm planning will most likely tweak/redo various aspects of the mechanics of Phazon, and the "Prime 3" update will most likely overhaul Phazon altogether.

I've never used Boss Checklist, so I can't say. I should probably give it a test.
I like both ideas, the spread ore like Cobalt etc and the later.
Sounds great your future plans, since the nature of the Phazon it will work amazingly well with Terraria.
If I recall correctly the when I played it years ago Phazon was down there and just that. It was nice but the spread you planned sound even better.

And yes, if you like to play with mods like Thorium or Calamity, Boss Checklist is a must. It provides you with nice information like the sugested order and the drops. Can't recommend it to you enough!

There is a couple more that helps, like Alchemist, Npc Census, Autotrash, Boss Cursor, imkSushi's, item checklist... and absolutely love Unleveled, Wormholes, WeaponOut, Recipe Browser, WorldgenPreviewer, Lootbags, BossHealthBars, Fargos and Expeditions.

Hugs
n_n ♡

I'm curious about the Prime updates. Considering they are being named after the Prime series, will one of those updates potentially be planned to add in content based around Metroid Prime Hunters? Armors, weapons, Morphball forms, etc.

I'm curious about the Prime updates. Considering they are being named after the Prime series, will one of those updates potentially be planned to add in content based around Metroid Prime Hunters? Armors, weapons, Morphball forms, etc.
Could be cool if we can try others hunters as vanity.

Yeah though I feel they could work as full armor sets with set bonuses featuring something unique to each Bounty Hunter armor.
Im not good about set bonuses, what have you in mind? I dont remember how are the traits of the hunters but some red one that have to abandon his planet, erradicate an entire species and could come back home. And some Space Pirate that loss its body and they put his brain and some organs in a military mech body that can split in the waist, and the legs are a turret. And someone that is yellow and heavy/big.

Im not good about set bonuses, what have you in mind? I dont remember how are the traits of the hunters but some red one that have to abandon his planet, erradicate an entire species and could come back home. And some Space Pirate that loss its body and they put his brain and some organs in a military mech body that can split in the waist, and the legs are a turret. And someone that is yellow and heavy/big.
I'm not sure on what set bonuses could be done. The red one is Kanden, hunter with a sniper-esque weapon and the cyborg Space Pirate is Weavel.

I'm not sure on what set bonuses could be done. The red one is Kanden, hunter with a sniper-esque weapon and the cyborg Space Pirate is Weavel.
That have sense, I liked Kanden a lot because I should choose sniper like characters in games. And Weavel call my attention in some trailer spliting in two. Later knowing he was a pirate, that made me like him more.
I always loved how the Space Pirates make anything to survive, change and overcome anything, specially Samus. How they change game to game have sense out of the usual change that the developers have/want to do. Then we see them in Super Metroid changing color because in that time it was the norm to show the strength of the enemies, to the changes we see in them in Prime series, more metalic in P1, or shadowy in and twisted in P2 because the developers can and are willing to do some big changes to them but leaving the feeling that, even with the years apart, they are still the same ferocious creatures.
The same feeling I have with the Xenomorph of Alien franchise. Maybe the movies are good or bad, but that little bastards are really a threat, and have a lot of forms, depends on the species in wich they incubate, but still, they are the Xenomorphs.

That have sense, I liked Kanden a lot because I should choose sniper like characters in games. And Weavel call my attention in some trailer spliting in two. Later knowing he was a pirate, that made me like him more.
I always loved how the Space Pirates make anything to survive, change and overcome anything, specially Samus. How they change game to game have sense out of the usual change that the developers have/want to do. Then we see them in Super Metroid changing color because in that time it was the norm to show the strength of the enemies, to the changes we see in them in Prime series, more metalic in P1, or shadowy in and twisted in P2 because the developers can and are willing to do some big changes to them but leaving the feeling that, even with the years apart, they are still the same ferocious creatures.
The same feeling I have with the Xenomorph of Alien franchise. Maybe the movies are good or bad, but that little bastards are really a threat, and have a lot of forms, depends on the species in wich they incubate, but still, they are the Xenomorphs.
Yeah, hoping the mod does include ton of Space Pirates.

Although I haven't really written it down, I have been thinking about including content from Hunters. At some point there may be a large update centered around multiplayer compatibility and/or bugfixes, and that update may include Prime Hunters content as a way of "celebrating" it. The Hunters content may even compliment Terraria's already included PvP stuff (like Capture the Gem).

On another note, I believe I've mentioned before that a "Space Pirate invasion" mini update is also planned, which will introduce more types of Space Pirates.
(Currently, there's only gonna be like 1 type of pirate for first release.)

Although I haven't really written it down, I have been thinking about including content from Hunters. At some point there may be a large update centered around multiplayer compatibility and/or bugfixes, and that update may include Prime Hunters content as a way of "celebrating" it. The Hunters content may even compliment Terraria's already included PvP stuff (like Capture the Gem).

On another note, I believe I've mentioned before that a "Space Pirate invasion" mini update is also planned, which will introduce more types of Space Pirates.
Yes, some pages ago, I think Great Khan and me were talking about a Space Pirate invasion like Terraria already has. And I said something like that I always feel the Space ivasion with the right music is like the Metroid ones for me. Then you said you have planed one already.
Is nice the release will have one pirate.

You are right, the Prime Hunters go very well with the PvP. Never tried it, I am more relaxed if am playing multi, and rarely do. Prefer to take my time with things... if you could see my current playthrough... I am not in harmode yet! I am building some things I will need like an Old Army arena or the stone bridge in Unddrworld for farming the WoF and Souls.

So I'm guessing the Hunters content would be the respective weapons, armor and morph balls for the hunters? I think having their various Morphballs/Alt-Forms would be cool in most cases. No idea how you would handle Weavel's Half-Turret though.

hype!!! 1.4 turned out to be better than i expected (still some questionable things, like how the underground desert freaking sucks now, and crumbling dungeon bricks are really annoying), but i will swap back to 1.3.5.3 when metroid mod releases... IF it comes out on 1.3
my question is, are you going to wait for tml to update for 1.4, or are you planning on releasing the mod for 1.3.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom