Portfolio/Multi-Topic Several non-thread-worthy ideas

which one of these do you think should/n't be in the game? (Sorry, I couldn't get more than 11)

• 1, equality to drills and pickaxes!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 2, because it's weird!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 3, I hated seeing those items!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 4, I <3 summoner!

• 5, I don't like fighting too many wyverns!

• 6, Wyverns AND harpies always pwn me!

• 7, yeah, give 'em a brain!

• 8, I never see those ones!

• 9, I like my rainbow-murderers! variety to my death!

• 10, I like nets! (Please comment for if you want them to be for looks/something else)

• Total voters

SwankyFlea

Spazmatism
(Yay, my first thread/post on this forum! Soon to be nostalgia!)

So, I've been planning a really big suggestion for the opening of this forum, but, before I do this, I'm gonna do a little suggestion of my several non thread-worthy ideas. So, here they are; (My big idea is a secret until it's finished and posted. Hahaha! >:D)

1) drill point in any direction while mining (I.E you point right while you mine something on the left, like pickaxes do.)

2) Pro's bait instead of Master's Bait

3) a setting that allows you to have the "trash" icon instantly dispose items, not have to have anything ontop of the item

4) A setting to right-click with a summoner staff to summon all possible minions with that staff to one location

5) A little less-frequent wyverns

6) Worldgen changed to make hills that do not extend to harpy/wyvern spawn height. PLEASE. For early pre-hardmode/hardmode player's sake!

7) Better AI for minions - if near an enemy, do NOT just fly back to me, go attack it. Please? (This may not happen to you, but it happened to me a bit.)

8) underwater/spider/etc. chests more common - they look great, have good early game items, but I NEVER see them.

9) Mimics of all naturally-placed kinds... ( as long as all chest types become more common... spider/water/etc...)

10) Different variety of bug nets - either for looks, or each one would have a different % chance of catching the bug (I.E. , wood net would have a 10% chance, copper would have a 20% chance, this is just an example though.)

11) A craftable way to make those only-able-to-be-found-underground chests, I.E;
(These would all be crafted at anvils unless said otherwise)

Gold Chest: Gold Bars; x8: Silver/Iron (Since it's shinier than the wood chest, like silver is shinier than iron.); x2

Ice Chest; Ice Block; x16 (since they're more common, and it makes since, right? It would take a lot of ice to make a chest out of it.): Silver/Iron (Look above for reason); x2

Water Chest; Coral; x8 (Since they're sort of hard to get.) Silver/Iron: x2

Living Wood Chest; (Finally, something different) Wood chest; x1: Vines: x2

Ivy Chest; Wood; x8 Something (couldn't think of anything); x2 (probably)

Web Covered Chest; Wood Chest; x1: Cobwebs: x12 (Since they're so dang common, and you probably have tons of them!)

Skyware Chest; Sunplate: x10 (since almost all the others take 10 ingredients) at a skymill.

Shadow Chest; Demonite Bar; x8: iron; x2

Lihzahrd Chest; Lihzahrd Brick; x10 (at Lihzahrd Furnace)

Biome Chest(s): NONE, sorry

and that's the end of my first thread here on this forum!
That's all for now, but tune in next time for my big celebration of the New forum suggestion!

4) A setting to right-click with a summoner staff to summon all possible minions with that staff to one location

7) Better AI for minions - if near an enemy, do NOT just fly back to me, go attack it. Please? (This may not happen to you, but it happened to me a bit.)

8) underwater/spider/etc. chests more common - they look great, have good early game items, but I NEVER see them.

9) Mimics of all naturally-placed kinds... ( as long as all chest types become more common... spider/water/etc...)/QUOTE]
These are the only suggestions that makes sense, most of others are just to make game easier while it should be harder. Oh and in number 8) I disagree with things in red color.

Because they don't make any sense, are making game easier, are generally bad, aren't cool, break progression and mystery of the game or all at once.

1) drill point in any direction while mining (I.E you point right while you mine something on the left, like pickaxes do.)
Well then whats the difference between getting a drill and a pick then?

2) Pro's bait instead of Master's Bait
But thats the whole joke

3) a setting that allows you to have the "trash" icon instantly dispose items, not have to have anything ontop of the item
Storing items in the trash slot when you are out of inventory room is quite a useful thing to do

10) Different variety of bug nets - either for looks, or each one would have a different % chance of catching the bug (I.E. , wood net would have a 10% chance, copper would have a 20% chance, this is just an example though.)
This would just make it a pain in the :red: to get enough bait for fishing

11) A craftable way to make those only-able-to-be-found-underground chests, I.E;
(These would all be crafted at anvils unless said otherwise)
Well then you dont really have much of a reason to explore for them now do you?

I'm pretty sure SwankyFlea means the chest, not the chest that comes with the loot...
Yeah I understand that, but the thing is, finding those chests is like a little trophy, saying "Hey! Look what I found!" Because you have to explore to find them. Adding in an ability to craft them kinda takes away from that In my opinion

Yeah I understand that, but the thing is, finding those chests is like a little trophy, saying "Hey! Look what I found!" Because you have to explore to find them. Adding in an ability to craft them kinda takes away from that In my opinion
Actually, that is a good point, and I agree with that.

Defiantly NOT #3, I accidentally shift click things in the trash slot sometimes when I want to put something in a chest, if an object in there is bothering you, just put something else on it and take it back out

Some of these suggestions are decent, I can agree that a whole thread for each and every one of these suggestions wouldn't be that good, and some on the other hand aren't my cup of tea. And I don't drink tea frequently.

Back
Top Bottom